• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

So Merkel admitted that West (herself included) are a bunch of filthy liars which should never be trusted.

In Russia, the only public opinion that matters (even a little bit) is that of the middle classes in Moscow and St. Petersburg. They're well-protected from any attacks and other consequences of the war, and strikes anywhere else would be pretty much irrelevant.
Are you advocating striking Moscow? Like you did during Chechen War.
Yes, Finland and West supported chechen terrorists.

So Merkel admitted that West (herself included) are a bunch of filthy liars which should never be trusted.
What did she say?

I'm a bit skeptical because everytime you claim someone in the west "admitted" something, it turns out it was bullshit you saw on Russian propaganda. :rolleyes:

Intentionally attacking civilians makes no strategic or tactical sense.
So why is NATO doing it then? and have been doing it for 8 years?
NATO isn't attacking anyone in Ukraine and never has. NATO only gives weapons and men and it didn't even do that a lot before 2022.
Fixed for you.
For all intents and purposes NATO is attacking Russia. Sometimes literally.
When they provide their men in ukrainian uniform to ukrainian regime.
And NATO started providing "assistance" in 2014.
And large amounts of weapons started to flood Ukraine during Trump administration.

In Russia, the only public opinion that matters (even a little bit) is that of the middle classes in Moscow and St. Petersburg. They're well-protected from any attacks and other consequences of the war, and strikes anywhere else would be pretty much irrelevant.
Are you advocating striking Moscow? Like you did during Chechen War.
No, I'm not. Attacking civilians doesn't work in Ukraine, and it wouldn't work in Russia. And Ukraine is not capable of striking Moscow in any significant capacity anyway.

Yes, Finland and West supported chechen terrorists.
Source? If anything, it's Russia who supported chechen terrorists, one is in charge of Chechnya right now.

What did she say?
She said the reason for Minsk 2 was to to give Ukraine time in order to get prepared before attacking Russia. She basically repeated what Poroshenko said earlier.
I'm a bit skeptical because everytime you claim someone in the west "admitted" something, it turns out it was bullshit you saw on Russian propaganda. :rolleyes:
You're talking BS.

Source? If anything, it's Russia who supported chechen terrorists, one is in charge of Chechnya right now.
You see, you're still supporting chechen terrorists. The ones behind multiple terrorist attacks in Moscow and other cities.

Any capability attained by Ukraine will be attributed to “us” by Russia, so “we“ have to keep our noses clean to some degree.
Or we could tell the truth. The truth being Western support didn't even exist until Ukraine gave one Russia one motherfucker of a bloody nose. Kyiv was saved before HIMARS was even mentioned and the multi billion dollar package people like RVonse cry about didn't reach the front lines until Ukraine was well in truly in counter-offensive mode.

Here's the truth - the big wins in this conflict; the sinking of Russian flagships (twice), the liberating of key cities, that bridge we all know about? They were done with the bare minimum of support. And they were meaningful wins. Ukraine is tougher than anyone gave them credit - Ukraine included. They have a real chance to stop Cuntism. I say give them the tools.

Personally, I think the West (because according to Barbos we are all one unified conglomerate) has two choices. 1) provide aid to Ukraine and see this illegal war of aggression from Russia stop within 2-3 years or 2) step back and watch this crap happen for the next 10-15 years and have a larger problem to fix.

I'm sorry, but people who support the invasion of Ukraine are enemy. They can't be bargained with, can't be reasoned with etc. Stop them or watch things go from bad to worse.

Intentionally attacking civilians makes no strategic or tactical sense.
So why is NATO doing it then? and have been doing it for 8 years?
NATO isn't attacking anyone in Ukraine and never has. NATO only gives weapons and men and it didn't even do that a lot before 2022.
Fixed for you.
For all intents and purposes NATO is attacking Russia. Sometimes literally.
When they provide their men in ukrainian uniform to ukrainian regime.
No, NATO as an organization doesn't do it. Even NATO member states don't do it. There is a handful of volunteers from NATO countries fighting in the foreign legion, but they're there on their own dime and choice. Compared to Ukrainians, their numbers are irrelevant.

Besides, there are individuals from foreign countries (even NATO members) fighting on Russian side too.

And NATO started providing "assistance" in 2014.
And large amounts of weapons started to flood Ukraine during Trump administration.
Not denying that, but those were relatively minuscule numbers compared to 2022. And had strings attached, for example, Javelins were forbidden from being used in the East. But so what? Helping fight off an invader is a perfectly legitimate cause.

What did she say?
She said the reason for Minsk 2 was to to give Ukraine time in order to get prepared before attacking Russia.
I'm 100% sure that she did not say that.

Not even your own news/propaganda agency claims that Merkel said anything about "attacking Russia", but only about giving Ukraine time to defend itself:

You're talking BS.
Just pointing out that it's your habit of behaviour. Never providing sources, probably because you realize they're full of shit.

Ha-ha, so you did read what she said. No, she did not literally say that, she merely meant it. Ukraine had been and is used as ram against Russia.

Just pointing out that it's your habit of behaviour. Never providing sources, probably because you realize they're full of shit
I am tired of providing sources. Every time you simply ignore them.
Every single time. It's really a western habit of behaviour, never discuss a topic which you know you are going to lose. You simply hammer your propaganda garbage again and again.

Last edited:
Not even your own news/propaganda agency claims that Merkel said anything about "attacking Russia", but only about giving Ukraine time to defend itself:
Yeah. but your own (western) thinkers say exactly that.
Does that bother you? even a little? no?

As for Merkel, I personally think she is lying now, rather than then.
She herself and Germany did not want to give time Ukraine to prepare for war with Russia. But she was powerless against american neocons who were running Ukraine.

In other news. Russian opposition TV channel Dozhd (Rain) is close to death.
And before you start blaiming Putin's regime, It was free West who killed it.
Yep, West banned russian opposition TV channel :)
Funny how it works. 12 years in totalitarian Russia, then 6 month in free press West and gone-banned-exterminated.

Last edited:
I am tired of providing sources.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you Barbos, I needed that.

Ha-ha, so you did read what she said. No, she did not literally say that, she merely meant it. Ukraine had been and is used as ram against Russia.
Nonsense. Nobody in the west had any plans to attack Russia. Germany and others are merely protecting Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity. Nobody in the west ever seriously considered attacking Russia. Even Ukraine had zero territorial ambitions towards Russia, they only wanted to reclaim what was taken from them in 2014.

But hey, thanks for conceding that you were wrong and Merkel never admitted anything. :ROFLMAO:

Just pointing out that it's your habit of behaviour. Never providing sources, probably because you realize they're full of shit
I am tired of providing sources. Every time you simply ignore them.
Every single time. It's really a western habit of behaviour, never discuss a topic which you know you are going to lose. You simply hammer your propaganda garbage again and again.
That's because your "sources" that you've given here are invariably to known bullshit sites like "War on fakes" or some pro-Russian shills like Alexander Mercouris, who make up stuff and don't provide their own sources either, or are just opinion pieces that don't really prove any facts to begin with.

Yeah. but your own (western) thinkers say exactly that.
Does that bother you? even a little? no?
I'm not losing any sleep over it. Russia and its proxies broke the Minsk treaty first, as soon as it was signed. It was a worthless piece of paper to begin with.

As for Merkel, I personally think she is lying now, rather than then.
She herself and Germany did not want to give time Ukraine to prepare for war with Russia. But she was powerless against american neocons who were running Ukraine.
The war was started by Russia, not by Ukraine, Germany, or "American neocons".

Back
Top Bottom