• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Russia has released their "compromise position peace plan" for Ukraine:

The plan requires the following: 1) complete and unconditional surrender; 2) demilitarization; 3) dismiss all constitutional authorities; 4) "forced denazification programs encompassing all authorities; 5) Ukraine must pay compensation to Russia, including reimbursing relatives of Russian soldiers 6) officially recognize that the entire territory of Ukraine belongs to the Russian Federation".

I'd like to know if anyone honestly thinks that this is reasonable or that a sane person would give in to this?

But regime in Kiev was the first who suggested unconditional surrender (of Russia)
And I did not see you complaining about that.

Russia is winning this war and and will be the one imposing conditions.
No they didn't! They only asked for Russian withdraw from their land! That's all.

What makes her an expert of Navalny?
What makes you an expert of Navalny?

You're the one with the outlandish nonsensicle statements about Navalny. This is a "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" situation.
Like what?

For example, you said he was for the war in Ukraine.

The problem with the conversations in this thread that you are involved is that you're just parroting the official Putin propaganda line. But those are obvious lies. Bizarre planted assertions to justify a Russian invasion. Its statements right out of Goebels playbook.
No, It is you who parroting western propaganda.

Lol.

Just the fact that you keep repeating the fake news plant regarding Ukrainian Nazis makes any of your statements hard to believe. I find it hard to believe that you believe what you are saying
US Congress report is fake news?

The sources you use couldn't be more politicised. American politics is extremely polarised and partisan. If democrats are for something the Republicans will be against it, and trawl the Internet for whatever nonsense that confirm it. But I think you know this. Which begs the question of why you keep repeating things both you, me and everyone else knows is lies?

The street in the Nikopol was named after the guy in the center

All the videos you are posting prove nothing. They're no doubt compiled and spread by Russian propagandists. It's easy to plant stuff, or take stuff out of context to make a point. You can "prove" anything that way.

The funny thing is that the methods Putin is using now are methods first developed by the Nazis.

Finland is full of street names named after WW2 Nazi warheroes. Because Finland was allied with Germany against Russia.

This guy is a Finish war hero fighting with the Nazis during WW2.

If you think his pictures look a bit gay, it's because he was. He was a flaming queen. The reason he was fighting alongside the Nazis was because he preferred Nazism over communism. At no point was he fighting for Nazism. He was fighting against Russian imperialism. Just like the Ukrainians allied with Germany in WW2. The fact that they had Nazi uniforms does NOT prove they were Nazis. All it proves is that they preferred Nazism over communism. And them naming streets after them only proves that they are Ukrianian nationalists sick and fucking tired of Russian meddling. That's what it proves. And, not to belabour the point, but Ukrainians today have ample reason to be annoyed about Russian meddling

You know barbos, this is meant to be a discussion forum
This is fucking ironic.
Not irony at all. Maybe hypocritical, but definitely not irony.

The plan requires the following: 1) complete and unconditional surrender; 2) demilitarization; 3) dismiss all constitutional authorities; 4) "forced denazification programs encompassing all authorities; 5) Ukraine must pay compensation to Russia, including reimbursing relatives of Russian soldiers 6) officially recognize that the entire territory of Ukraine belongs to the Russian Federation".

I'd like to know if anyone honestly thinks that this is reasonable or that a sane person would give in to this?

But regime in Kiev was the first who suggested unconditional surrender (of Russia)

Man, two years in and still winning. Russia is winning a war like has never been won before. I can't wait for their five year anniversary of 'still winning the war in Ukraine".

Wow. That's the best they've got to stopping a naval drone is small arms fire?

All the world's navies are lacking in good defense against such things. Back in the old days we were good at putting out high rates of fire against nearby targets but such capability has been pretty much abandoned because in the era of missile warfare point defense isn't very effective. If the SAMs didn't work another layer of defense didn't mean much. We have systems like the Phalanx but it approximates a hail mary. There's also the problem that the systems built for a high rate of fire are meant to shoot at flying things and often are shadowed from engaging close range surface targets.

The Ukraine war has shown us that we need to resurrect the WWII type of light AA guns, albeit with modern enhancements. And we need to build a ton of them.

Living in Russia has to be tough for a principled, intelligent, informed person. Navalny and his supporters within China's gas station are proof of that.
If Russia gets just a little bit weaker, China will be easily able to walk in and take what they want. And oh how ironic… Russia won’t even have oil money to fight back with.
China could basically walk in and take whatever it wants now except for the issue of nukes. Russia has bled an awful lot of it's combat power against Ukraine, they couldn't hope to fight a two-front war.

Johnson says he expects to take up Ukraine aid with Democratic votes - POLITICO - 03/14/2024 04:27 PM EDT - "He added in the interview that splitting Ukraine and Israel aid into two separate bills is “under consideration.”"

So he expects to get around recalcitrant Republicans by getting Democrats' votes.
“I think it is a stand-alone, and I suspect it will need to be on suspension,” Johnson said of foreign assistance.

The suspension calendar requires a two-thirds majority to approve legislation on the House floor — meaning Johnson would need a substantial number of Democratic votes. He has taken that approach with many contentious measures so far in his speakership.

Living in Russia has to be tough for a principled, intelligent, informed person. Navalny and his supporters within China's gas station are proof of that.
If Russia gets just a little bit weaker, China will be easily able to walk in and take what they want. And oh how ironic… Russia won’t even have oil money to fight back with.
China could basically walk in and take whatever it wants now except for the issue of nukes. Russia has bled an awful lot of it's combat power against Ukraine, they couldn't hope to fight a two-front war.

The Chinese people are happy with Xi Jinping as long as China is prosperous. The Chinese economy is a factory for the rest of the world. The Chinese economy is completely dependent on world peace and stability. While China is now flexing their muscles, they do not want war. It's bad for business. And with the Chinese construction bubble's collapse, this is not the time to rock the boat. Things can get ugly fast in China.

And besides China is right now buying a lot of the world. They have considerable clout in Africa now. China owns major brands around the world. Volvo... for instance... is today a Chinese owned car brand. It's still made in Sweden. But Chinese owned. So a war will interfere with Chinas ability to take over the world. Which is an excellent incentive not to start a war.

The street in the Nikopol was named after the guy in the center

All the videos you are posting prove nothing. They're no doubt compiled and spread by Russian propagandists. It's easy to plant stuff, or take stuff out of context to make a point. You can "prove" anything that way.

So you honestly believe that all these videos of ukro-gestapo beating men into the ukro-army are russian fakes?
Fine, believe what you want.

No they didn't! They only asked for Russian withdraw from their land! That's all.
Yes, and reparations. That's called unconditional surrender.

Why should I care about some unknown textbook written in a language unknown to me with unknown distribution and used in possibly zero school classrooms? Because you THINK it says something wrong, and you THINK it looks legitimate but also you admit that the publishers say they had a misprint?
Don't know. But you did post this, I guess you cared enough for that.
Why should you care? Because I am not unique. There are a lot of people in Russia who care and support "invasion" based on shit like this book. Yes, I literally think that this book alone justifies invading this piece of land.
Sometimes it is best just to let a poster speak for themselves.
Yes, I can repeat again. Russia should have "invaded" Ukraine in 1990s, took everythging which was illegally attached to it by soviets and then cut the rest loose.
In fact ukro-nazis themselves say that.
But I know what it was not done and could not have been done.

Last edited:
In other news, according to western press, Macron was reported as admitting privately that Ukraine is going to collapse soon.
People speculate why all the warmongering and explanation apparently that he is trying to muddy the water, because french troops are already there and are being decimated. So the cunning plan is to send them officially to cover the huge losses.

In other news, US vetoed G7 resolution not accepting presidential elections in Russia.
Pope have congratulated Putin :) Ukro-regime has to put Pope on their Kill List now.

Speaking of russian elections. There is a widely circulated video of military beating the voter who voted wrong (against Puting). Outrageous :) Except, that it's staged fake, even ukrainians (main target of that fakery) don't believe that.
It's so cartoonish.
Your tax dollars are well spent :)

Also, I have talked about it before. In Russia phone banking scams are very common. And most of the scammers were/are located in Ukraine. People who have brains record conversations and post it on youtube. And since most of these scammers are in Ukraine, typical phrase to end the charade became "Whose Crimea?" :)
Imagine you are an ukrainian scammer and spent 1 (!!!) hour talking to a rich russian "idiot" and then realize that it was a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom