• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

in an interview with The Economist published Thursday, May 2. Macron in the interview doubled down on his comments from earlier this year
His latest comments come as some analysts believe that Russia could be on the verge of launching a major new offensive in Ukraine.
"I have a clear strategic objective: Russia cannot win in Ukraine," Macron said.
He suggested that Moscow's war machine was not sustainable over the long term. "Devoting a third of its budget to defense is not sustainable for a country whose gross domestic product is lower than that of France, Germany or the United Kingdom," he said.
Macron said Europe faced not just a military and security risk but also "an economic risk for our prosperity" and "an existential risk of internal incoherence and disruption to the functioning of our democracies." He added: "Things can fall apart very quickly."

Today (May 2 2024) vis a 10 years anniversary of Odessa May 2 massacre, organized by ukro-nazi regime.
:rolleyes:
Wiki has a very balanced story on the event:

I assume Wiki is banned in Russia?
I was going to post that but I have no doubts that Barbos would consider it to be lies. He already blamed the government for the fire that killed the pro-Russians even though it wasn't.

Reports are that Russia is using banned chemical weapons in Ukraine now.

Reports are that Russia is using banned chemical weapons in Ukraine now.
I wouldn’t doubt it. They’ve used virtually every other terror tactic available. Chemicals are cheap, and they’re running out of expensive stuff.

in an interview with The Economist published Thursday, May 2. Macron in the interview doubled down on his comments from earlier this year
His latest comments come as some analysts believe that Russia could be on the verge of launching a major new offensive in Ukraine.
"I have a clear strategic objective: Russia cannot win in Ukraine," Macron said.
He suggested that Moscow's war machine was not sustainable over the long term. "Devoting a third of its budget to defense is not sustainable for a country whose gross domestic product is lower than that of France, Germany or the United Kingdom," he said.
Macron said Europe faced not just a military and security risk but also "an economic risk for our prosperity" and "an existential risk of internal incoherence and disruption to the functioning of our democracies." He added: "Things can fall apart very quickly."
Cameron said Ukraine had a right to use the weapons provided by London to strike targets inside Russia
"Ukraine has that right. Just as Russia is striking inside Ukraine, you can quite understand why Ukraine feels the need to make sure it's defending itself,"
I'm getting a sense of resolve.

I was going to post that but I have no doubts that Barbos would consider it to be lies. He already blamed the government for the fire that killed the pro-Russians even though it wasn't.
So they all died from natural causes? All at once?

Macron is a lame blowhard, nobody cares what he says anymore.

Macron is a lame blowhard, nobody cares what he says anymore.
It's a good bet that Billy Bartsky aka Putin, takes Macron seriously. Russia got its ass beat, and continues to get its ass beat by an army that was supposed to fall before it in a matter of weeks. Imagine what France could do to what remains of Herve' Villechaizov's ragged forces.

Reactions: SLD
So they all died from natural causes? All at once?
C'mon. I know you're not that stupid. Stop acting like it and discuss issues in good faith, please.

Here’s your hero, Barbos — a guy who initiated a pointless and barbaric war that has resulted in some 400,000 dead Russian soldiers, to say nothing of all the trauma and horror inflicted on innocent Ukrainians, and all — for what? To occupy in a stalemated war some Ukrainian territory in its eastern hinterlands. Just brilliant. And note the new symbol Z mentioned in the article that is appearing all over the place in Russia. Guess what Z is half of, Barbos — you who are constantly inveighing against imaginary Nazis in Ukraine? That Z is one half of … well, I guess you know.

I think you said you lived in Siberia. Tell me, are you being coerced into writing your vile garbage? I was happening to read a back thread here that appeared when Covid emerged, before I joined this board, and you seemed quite cogent and aware, and even critical of Russia. But now …

I think you said you lived in Siberia. Tell me, are you being coerced into writing your vile garbage?
Well, if he lives in Siberia due past refusal to write vile garbage on pootey's behalf, would you expect him to say so?

And we know for a fact that Western media lies 99% of the time.
“We” “know” that “for a fact,” do we?

Evidence for this alleged “fact”?

You do realize, don’t you, that unlike in your vile and repugnant country, Western media outlets are not government owned and controlled?

Back
Top Bottom