• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How to avoid economic collapse and break down of civilization?

jdf5

Global debt must always increase. Only new debt can pay for old debt. Because of the interest there is always a shortage of money.
When debt stops growing markets crash and societies break down fast.

Looks like we are close because of central banks "printing" to keep it going for a little longer.
So how do we solve this?

The people at LaRouche have some interesting ideas. Glass Steagall and cooperation among the largest nations to cancel the financial weapons of mass destruction etc.

"Therefore, we have two questions here: Not only how to deal with the problem of the economy, but, how do we deal with the world economy as well. Because we have to maintain stability among key nations. I have picked out four nations, as absolutely crucial, that they must cooperate, because with their cooperation, and with that of others who join them, it will be possible to take reorganization of the world economy, by eliminating financial derivatives—just cancel them; they're worthless paper, cancel them. Go back to the honest debt of nations, go to a commercial banking standard, and create new credit to replace the worthless old debt. By creating new credit, and launching physical production programs, in infrastructure and other terms, we could, by agreement among nation-states, prevent a general collapse, and actually launch a program of orderly recovery. And these problems that we now face could be solved."

So for the economically illiterate, government debt is exactly the amount of money the government has issued.

It is the "debt" we owe to the void, no more and no less.

As such, I don't think the void is going to be coming to collect on that debt for some time.

It does not have to be paid back.

It does have to be managed to prevent inflation, though we can and should do this by taxing it out from the highest concentration pools.

Actual problems facing America.
  • Inadequate housing and staffing for the retired
  • Computers continue replacing workers with fewer viable jobs replacing them that aren't hospitality related
  • Climate Change and its impact on flooding and drainage
  • Media and Social media flinging people to war against each other
  • Hundreds of millions of people with the mistaken idea that the future will be just like the past
Problems that America is not actually facing
  • economic Armageddon

Actual problems facing America.
  • Inadequate housing and staffing for the retired
  • Computers continue replacing workers with fewer viable jobs replacing them that aren't hospitality related
  • Climate Change and its impact on flooding and drainage
  • Media and Social media flinging people to war against each other
  • Hundreds of millions of people with the mistaken idea that the future will be just like the past
Problems that America is not actually facing
  • economic Armageddon

It´s the opposite. Economic armageddon is the number one threat right now because of the current banking system and the huge leverage. WEF are aware of it and are trying to move us to a new financial system based on carbon credits, social credits and lots of surveillance. We will own nothing and be happy they claim.

There are of course better solutions than their fascism/communism.
A system that benefit humanity instead of just a small "elite".

Financial weapons of mass destruction. Maybe 20 times global GDP. It´s an unregulated market. Not like stocks etc.

As for housing i just read the banks can take peoples house much earlier in the coming financial crisis. From 6 months to 45 days.

No idea if it´s true or not. Will see if i find more info.

Last edited:
The Lyndon LaRouche quote in OP comes from this 2009 document.

Excessive derivatives trading is another example of what I call "hyper-efficiency." Wall Street traders not only risk their own money but, because of the possibility of various sorts of systemic failure, they also risk provoking a general credit crisis. A small tax on financial transactions would be a good way to reduce the level of gambling and the associated risk to the public.

This is not a solution mentioned by LaRouche. His proposals strike me as astoundingly bizarre and ill-advised.

Excessive derivatives trading is another example of what I call "hyper-efficiency." Wall Street traders not only risk their own money but, because of the possibility of various sorts of systemic failure, they also risk provoking a general credit crisis. A small tax on financial transactions would be a good way to reduce the level of gambling and the associated risk to the public.

This is not a solution mentioned by LaRouche. His proposals strike me as astoundingly bizarre and ill-advised.
Are you not surprised to see bizarre and ill-advised come from the same person as said Shiva spiritually revealed them information about the Vaccination AIDS?

A tax to stop the financial nuke from detonating? :unsure: Looks like you just give them a reason to get out earlier then.

Warning: Please don't spam threads with repeats of the same video.

You're listening to kooks again and no more correct than before.

Debt is owed to somebody, when it's repaid the money doesn't vanish.

While there is an instability problem with debt instruments that has the potential to make a big mess it's no more going to cause a breakdown of civilization than the last time it happened--the housing collapse. The market took a shock, some companies were destroyed, but civilization goes on.

So quoting Lyndon LaRouche followers and doomsaying about banks. I wonder who jdf5 believes the "banking elite" to be. Can't we have fun conspiracies like "Ted Cruz and Jacinta Ardern are the same person and that's why you never see them in the same room"?

Global debt must always increase. Only new debt can pay for old debt. Because of the interest there is always a shortage of money.
Money IS debt.

More debt = More money

That you don’t understand this renders any opinions you might have on economics or finance absurd. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

You're listening to kooks again and no more correct than before.

Debt is owed to somebody, when it's repaid the money doesn't vanish.

While there is an instability problem with debt instruments that has the potential to make a big mess it's no more going to cause a breakdown of civilization than the last time it happened--the housing collapse. The market took a shock, some companies were destroyed, but civilization goes on.

The problem again is that debt must always increase because there is always a shortage of money due to the interest.
But debt can´t continue up forever of course. Is that so difficult to understand? Will see if i find some source to explain it better. :oops:

I question that premise. Please provide some support for it.

Want to explain why?

Because there is interest on debt someone has to take a loan somewhere in the global economy to pay that interest.
That money do not yet exist.

Want to explain why?

Because there is interest on debt someone has to take a loan somewhere in the global economy to pay that interest.

It is not my job to support your premise, and restating your premise doesn't support your premise.

Want to explain why?

This would only be true if one's monthly debt service were equal to their income. 100% debt to income. Luckily banks are this dumb. The average debt to income at a bank for a mortgage loan is probably closer to 30% debt to income.

Back
Top Bottom