• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Huge Soybean Harvest, Meager Profits

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
With export elevators in Portland not posting bids, or purchase offers, through February, the state’s basis -- the spread between Chicago futures and local cash prices -- has “crashed” to a discount of almost $2 in some areas, he said. That’s about double the discount this time last year, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Chicago soybean futures have slumped 14 percent this year amid the trade tensions. Making matters worse, American farmers are now starting to harvest what’s forecast to be their biggest-ever crop.

As harvest starts near Berthold Farmers Elevator’s two locations in northwest North Dakota, the company will only be accepting soybeans that were previously contracted for delivery, said General Manager Dan Mostad. The elevator also won’t run storage programs for farmers, which let them deliver crops that are priced later in the season.
It has to suck to have a good year turn into a not so good year because the President is a fucking moron on trade.

9k=

link

article said:
With export elevators in Portland not posting bids, or purchase offers, through February, the state’s basis -- the spread between Chicago futures and local cash prices -- has “crashed” to a discount of almost $2 in some areas, he said. That’s about double the discount this time last year, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Chicago soybean futures have slumped 14 percent this year amid the trade tensions. Making matters worse, American farmers are now starting to harvest what’s forecast to be their biggest-ever crop.

As harvest starts near Berthold Farmers Elevator’s two locations in northwest North Dakota, the company will only be accepting soybeans that were previously contracted for delivery, said General Manager Dan Mostad. The elevator also won’t run storage programs for farmers, which let them deliver crops that are priced later in the season.
It has to suck be karma to have a good year turn into a not so good year because the President you voted for is a fucking moron on trade.

FTFY

But isn't that good for Americans? After all, soy products are gonna be super cheap. Win for Trump! OTOH, soy products are for pussy fag liberals, which means that real men aren't going to buy that shit.

So I guess in order to be a Real American, one has to become gay and eat soy products while open carrying two AR-15s?

It's all so confusing.

link

article said:

It has to suck to have a good year turn into a not so good year because the President is a fucking moron on trade.

9k=

Most of those farmers will vote for Trump again even after this, which is why I don't want the government wasting any tax dollars trying to keep them from going bankrupt. They clearly want this outcome.

But isn't that good for Americans? After all, soy products are gonna be super cheap. Win for Trump! OTOH, soy products are for pussy fag liberals, which means that real men aren't going to buy that shit.

So I guess in order to be a Real American, one has to become gay and eat soy products while open carrying two AR-15s?

It's all so confusing.

We use maybe 600 pounds of soybean oil a week. I've been waiting for the price to drop but so far nada.

Lots of red staters love them some doughnuts...

Like, a third of my diet is soy products so... at least there's that. Politesse won't be going hungry. That has to count for something.

Like, a third of my diet is soy products so... at least there's that. Politesse won't be going hungry. That has to count for something.

Been waiting patiently for tofu to go on sale. In the meantime there've been some great sales on pork and pork products.

Been waiting patiently for tofu to go on sale. In the meantime there've been some great sales on pork and pork products.
Fuck tofu! Buy gluten and make seitan. So much better to work with.

Back
Top Bottom