• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hunter Biden - Art Sale

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, we see so many complaints about the most ridiculously stupid things about Biden. And now, when something is served to the right-wing on a silver platter, it isn't quite as interesting.

Hunter Biden is what people would call a "black sheep". He has struggled with having to work for a living and has suffered with well known drug addiction issues as well as using his father as a sugar daddy to squeeze into some nice gigs that require little work and great pay.

So when there was an announcement that Hunter Biden was selling artwork, this really came in as about as big a surprise as the Lightning beating the Canadiens in the Stanley Cup finals.
article said:
Paintings by Hunter Biden are expected to fetch up to $500,000 (£360,000) apiece at auction this autumn.
I will say, the artwork looks surprisingly good (ghost artist?). Regardless, Hunter Biden is selling his art, again using his family connections to make money. There are concerns that this is a pay for play scheme to get access to President Biden. The White House assures us that it is all kosher and it will be impossible for Hunter Biden to know who bought the paintings. *cough*

article said:
When asked on Friday about the White House's reported role in the art sale, press secretary Jen Psaki said: "After careful consideration, a system has been established that allows for Hunter Biden to work in his profession within reasonable safeguards.

"Of course, he has the right to pursue an artistic career just like any child of a president has the right to pursue a career."
And of course, the best system would be to have Hunter Biden sell the paintings Anonymously, so the buyers have no idea who drew the artwork they purchased. That would be the way to keep this clean, and not yet another gray edging towards black method of profiting off of his father's title.

Had Donald Trump Jr done this, certainly would be taken notice of, especially when people noticed the pieces were taken from Trump Hotel bedrooms.

Hunter Biden is a piece of work, and it seems odd that this legit scandal takes so much less weight than the fake ones. The right just loves fake news.

It does seem that the right is at least frothing somewhat over this latest Hunter event. Of course whining about such a trivial thing is quite ironic coming after the reign of Clownstick's grifter and con artist family's behavior the last 4 years...

Republicans must have hoped that Hunter would be the new Hillary's Server, but it really didn't work out that way. I hear less and less about him as the weeks roll by. Their focus now seems to be on how to screw up any investigation of what their thugs did to the Capitol. And of course they'll all wake up with a hangover on August 14 when King Ugly isn't squatting on his throne.

And of course, the best system would be to have Hunter Biden sell the paintings Anonymously, so the buyers have no idea who drew the artwork they purchased.
That does not seem reasonable.
No one spends half a million on art that they can't name the artist. A great part of art's value includes the identity of the artist, and maybe historical contexts of its creation, like "during his recovery from his war experiences" or "during his rehab" or "during the Zombie invasion of CPAC."
You want to be able to say, "An original Biden" rather than "An anonymous."

Rather, i'd want transparency on the buyers, and then watch to see if they suddenly need a pardon or a Navy base in their home town.

And of course, the best system would be to have Hunter Biden sell the paintings Anonymously, so the buyers have no idea who drew the artwork they purchased.
That does not seem reasonable.
No one spends half a million on art that they can't name the artist. A great part of art's value includes the identity of the artist, and maybe historical contexts of its creation, like "during his recovery from his war experiences" or "during his rehab" or "during the Zombie invasion of CPAC."
You want to be able to say, "An original Biden" rather than "An anonymous."

Rather, i'd want transparency on the buyers, and then watch to see if they suddenly need a pardon or a Navy base in their home town.
Dude, it was totally a coincidence that Biden supported the legalization of beaver-tailing after the CEO of Beaver-Tailing USA bought a painting for half a million.

or

BWAH HAHA! You think you get legislation passed for a half million painting?! This is just to get the foot in the door.

Meanwhile...

Mitch McConnell: This painting sale is a power grab.

The epitome of Republican cancel culture will be when they demand that Hunter Biden should not be allowed to sign his original paintings. Or the ghost-painted ones for that matter.

I think it will end up in Ukraine :D
Speaking of a "art" collectors. There is a one in US embassy in Russia, a big railroad equipment/art collector, was caught on camera collecting "art" for free.
https://www.ntv.ru/novosti/2577803/

The difference is that the Russian was receiving bribes from specific individuals who made their expectations on the "donation" clear. Biden (allegedly) put art up for sale and received anonymous money for it... so who to "pay back for the bribe" is allegedly unknown.

You see, of course, the difference between trying to make some kind of living in as honest a way as possible versus making a side-living by outright taking bribes, right? Biden is not an elected official with a "side job"... THIS is the job he is doing right now and they are trying to be as transparent as possible.

If Biden got a job as a cashier at McDonalds, the right would accuse every Big Mac sold as "campaign violations".

When Trump got elected, the Trump Organization mobilized to exploit the lack of financial controls to the greatest extent possible.

This is how it starts, in a fancy auction for hundreds of thousands of dollars. A couple of years from now Hunter is going to be doing pregnant Sonic the Hedgehog drawings on craigslist in exchange for heroin.

In my utopia, the highest officials and their close kin would not be allowed to earn money! They would get generous stipends from the government, but any earnings from book or painting sales would go to the state treasury, or to a reputable charity. (Yes, I know this might be an impossible change for greed-focused U.S.A.)

Is my memory correct: Were the medieval Doges of Venice under a similar constraint?

Speaking of a "art" collectors. There is a one in US embassy in Russia, a big railroad equipment/art collector, was caught on camera collecting "art" for free.

The difference is that the Russian was receiving bribes from specific individuals who made their expectations on the "donation" clear. Biden (allegedly) put art up for sale and received anonymous money for it... so who to "pay back for the bribe" is allegedly unknown.

You see, of course, the difference between trying to make some kind of living in as honest a way as possible versus making a side-living by outright taking bribes, right? Biden is not an elected official with a "side job"... THIS is the job he is doing right now and they are trying to be as transparent as possible.

If Biden got a job as a cashier at McDonalds, the right would accuse every Big Mac sold as "campaign violations".

When Trump got elected, the Trump Organization mobilized to exploit the lack of financial controls to the greatest extent possible.

I am not sure what are you talking about here, but Biden was accused of corruption in Ukraine, not Russia.

This is how it starts, in a fancy auction for hundreds of thousands of dollars. A couple of years from now Hunter is going to be doing pregnant Sonic the Hedgehog drawings on craigslist in exchange for heroin.
Hunter Biden is allegedly clean now. He should be writing books like normal people. Books are not sold for $500K each, so hard to use for corrupting the office.

I am not sure what are you talking about here, but Biden was accused of corruption in Ukraine, not Russia.
"Accused" is quite an inaccurate term. What happened was Trump tried to Bribe the Ukrainian President into alleging there was an investigation into Hunter Biden for corruption in Ukraine.

It wasn't a bribe as much as blackmail.

After you tell this lie about Biden I will give you the weapons.

Trump: "The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it… It sounds horrible to me"

Trump also said this to the president of Ukraine.

Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man.

"Accused" is quite an inaccurate term. What happened was Trump tried to Bribe the Ukrainian President into alleging there was an investigation into Hunter Biden for corruption in Ukraine.
It was not just Trump. That scheme was considered wildly inappropriate so that "sons" of other politicians resigned when it became public. But not Hunter Biden. I am sorry but Joe Biden is not doing enough to separate his son from himself. And this latest scheme is just another evidence of that.

It was not just Trump.
Well, Giuliani and his mob cronies too, I suppose, but that is the same bunch of snakes.
That scheme was considered wildly inappropriate so that "sons" of other politicians resigned when it became public.
What became public?
But not Hunter Biden. I am sorry but Joe Biden is not doing enough to separate his son from himself. And this latest scheme is just another evidence of that.
Hunter Biden is definitely cashing in on his father's position. It isn't appropriate. It isn't ethical.

It was not just Trump. That scheme was considered wildly inappropriate so that "sons" of other politicians resigned when it became public. But not Hunter Biden. I am sorry but Joe Biden is not doing enough to separate his son from himself. And this latest scheme is just another evidence of that.

Trump
s family is allowed to "make a living" with countless business deals that enrich them at the expecns of tax dollars, and you pretend to be worried about an anonoous art sale. Fuck yourself with your bullshit.

Trump
s family is allowed to "make a living" with countless business deals that enrich them at the expecns of tax dollars, and you pretend to be worried about an anonoous art sale. Fuck yourself with your bullshit.
That wasn't their position. They are speaking entirely on Hunter Biden, not Trump's kids.

All things considered, I'll forgive this particular politician for not separating himself from a family member.

Back
Top Bottom