• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I think this political cartoon is worth discussing as it is all side that do this

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
r1o8umlsnyr61.jpg

(shup up? oof!)

For example, the fairly successful attempts to ban abortion in many states by anaconda constriction of zoning and bullshit regulations not related to medical needs.

Rightist may be more guilty of this on the whole, but that does not mean leftists are not doing this.

Why wouldn't a true believer in whatever ideology gaslight their opposition and move goalposts like this cartoon?

Granted, there are many time that this does not happen and the losing side is lying that it did.

Also big business and capitalism have many instances of them "frog boiling", gaslighting and victim blaming the general public.

Are there specific names to these tactics, which logical fallacies are employed?

Also, what about the fact that left (The Guardian) and right (WSJ) are loathe to have articles that show how their pet projects have led to disaster. Then The Guardian reader says, "the Wall Street Journal is talking about this and not the Guardian, so it must be a lie" and vice versa even more often.

I think many people feel like a high percentage of their life is spent being gaslit by the powers that be. There are enough real examples, that feeling the need to get involved in the Qanon garbage is a total joke.

Yeah, I'm curious about some examples of the US "left" doing this sort of thing.

In my experience, righties pull a random nutjob from the ether of the internet as the source for the first two panels and then when it comes to the BBC confirmation in the third panel it turns out that the BBC is really Billybob's Blog Corner, or worse, Bloated Bigot Conspiracytheories

The left denying that critical race theory is the hegemony at American universities springs to my mind of the left's gaslighting.

The left denying that critical race theory is the hegemony at American universities springs to my mind of the left's gaslighting.
who da fuck coined the term?

none, it might surprise you that the other people on this messageboard are not mind readers, though from your one-line posts that often make no sense it appears you think we can read your mind. What is the 'that term' to which you are referring?

who da fuck coined the term?

none, it might surprise you that the other people on this messageboard are not mind readers, though from your one-line posts that often make no sense it appears you think we can read your mind. What is the 'that term' to which you are referring?
the term which you refer.
it is ambiguous if I enclose it in quotes like this "critical race theory".

So can I get a quote of a leftie saying "critical race theory is the hegemony at American universities?" to fulfill the first half of the equation and a link to a controlled study or major news publication confirming it to fulfill the second half?

So can I get a quote of a leftie saying "critical race theory is the hegemony at American universities?" to fulfill the first half of the equation and a link to a controlled study or major news publication confirming it to fulfill the second half?

No, you will not get a quote of those exact words, because I did not put those words in quotation marks. However, on this board some posters have expressed skepticism that critical race theory is not a major force in American universities.

Nor will you get a link to a "major news publication" (which you will no doubt vet after the fact as 'unsuitable' even if one were presented), nor will you get a link to a 'controlled study' (as if there could be any such a study when presenting a descriptive but non-causative claim).

Thank you for playing.

No, you will not get a quote of those exact words, because I did not put those words in quotation marks. However, on this board some posters have expressed skepticism that critical race theory is not a major force in American universities.

Nor will you get a link to a "major news publication" (which you will no doubt vet after the fact as 'unsuitable' even if one were presented), nor will you get a link to a 'controlled study' (as if there could be any such a study when presenting a descriptive but non-causative claim).

Thank you for playing.
playing? you think this is a game?

Thank you for playing.

No.

Thank you for playing.

No.
good,next you will defend yourself.

So we are seeing the same old playbook for bothsideserism.

Both sides do it, where “it” appears to be denying the existence of wrongdoing until it is reported by a mainstream news source, at which point it is appropriated.
Slathered with Moore-Coulter.
Explicitly, this time: “ Rightist may be more guilty of this on the whole, but that does not mean leftists are not doing this. ”
(Often, it really does actually mean that leftists are not doing this)

An example is given, in the case of abortions where the oppressed side has been screaming about it all along, and when the studies show it is true, the oppressing side (right/conservative) continues gaslighting that it is not happening, even while telling their followers to support them because they plan to do the thing that they are denying to their victims that they are doing. So they currently occupy the second box when they are talking to those that they oppress, and they occupy the third box simultaneously when they talk to their supporters.

Meanwhile, an example is asked about the left doing “it,” remember, where “it” appears to be denying the existence of wrongdoing until it is reported by a mainstream news source, at which point it is appropriated, and the example given is that critical race theory is advanced at colleges.

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy (societal racism) exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, are possible.[7]

So the example here is that a field of study in colleges examing the existence and mitigation of racism is “the wrongdoing,” the sketchy stuff, and it is somehow a counter example to the legal punishment and subjugation of women by denial of medical treatment with lifelong effects in many thousands of cities, and worldwide by religionists.

It sounds like there is no point in spending time trying to dig for an example of “the Left” doing 1/1000th of the damage, and this thread highlights the need to expose the criminal wrongdoing and gaslighting that is being done by “the right”.

So, yes. The conservatives, religionists and rightists are indeed doing wrong things and should be stopped at all costs because they will gaslight as much as it takes to keep going.

So we are seeing the same old playbook for bothsideserism.

Both sides do it, where “it” appears to be denying the existence of wrongdoing until it is reported by a mainstream news source, at which point it is appropriated.
Slathered with Moore-Coulter.
Explicitly, this time: “ Rightist may be more guilty of this on the whole, but that does not mean leftists are not doing this. ”
(Often, it really does actually mean that leftists are not doing this)

An example is given, in the case of abortions where the oppressed side has been screaming about it all along, and when the studies show it is true, the oppressing side (right/conservative) continues gaslighting that it is not happening, even while telling their followers to support them because they plan to do the thing that they are denying to their victims that they are doing. So they currently occupy the second box when they are talking to those that they oppress, and they occupy the third box simultaneously when they talk to their supporters.

Meanwhile, an example is asked about the left doing “it,” remember, where “it” appears to be denying the existence of wrongdoing until it is reported by a mainstream news source, at which point it is appropriated, and the example given is that critical race theory is advanced at colleges.

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy (societal racism) exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, are possible.[7]

So the example here is that a field of study in colleges examing the existence and mitigation of racism is “the wrongdoing,” the sketchy stuff, and it is somehow a counter example to the legal punishment and subjugation of women by denial of medical treatment with lifelong effects in many thousands of cities, and worldwide by religionists.

It sounds like there is no point in spending time trying to dig for an example of “the Left” doing 1/1000th of the damage, and this thread highlights the need to expose the criminal wrongdoing and gaslighting that is being done by “the right”.

So, yes. The conservatives, religionists and rightists are indeed doing wrong things and should be stopped at all costs because they will gaslight as much as it takes to keep going.
gorillas can't read, but sign language.. and rape hugs yeah.

So does the cartoon suggest the reality that the gaslighting is the simultaneous occupation of both the second and the third panel of the cartoon? But the cartoon implies that the listener is the same person in panels two and three, yet the reality of political gaslighting is often of doing both at once, to the supporters and the oppressed.

Or is the cartoon trying to imply that the shouting person is irrationally changing their mind halfway through? Because that is not what is happening in either case submitted as examples.

So does the cartoon suggest the reality that the gaslighting is the simultaneous occupation of both the second and the third panel of the cartoon? But the cartoon implies that the listener is the same person in panels two and three, yet the reality of political gaslighting is often of doing both at once, to the supporters and the oppressed.

Or is the cartoon trying to imply that the shouting person is irrationally changing their mind halfway through? Because that is not what is happening in either case submitted as examples.
what cartoon?

So the example here is that a field of study in colleges examing the existence and mitigation of racism is “the wrongdoing,” the sketchy stuff,

No. The wrongdoing is leftists gaslighting everyone else by denying that critical race theory is hegemony at American universities.

Back
Top Bottom