• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Voted Early

I dropped my ballot in the mail on Tuesday. Then on Thursday, I got my sample ballot!

I dropped my ballot in the mail on Tuesday. Then on Thursday, I got my sample ballot!
You can't just download the sample ballot? We can download our customized (to precinct) sample ballot off the secretary of state's website. It has the correct local races and all.

I've already said twice in other threads that I voted this past Thursday. it took about 15 minutes total to go through the line, have my ID checked, give my signature electronically, be assigned a machine, pick my choices, recheck my ballot, print out my paper ballot and then slide it into the machine that collects the paper ballots, while being watched by a very kind poll worker. Early voting is wonderful, at least in my district.

Hell, my husband and I voted early... Then left the country. Past tense. Here's to hoping we can come back after the election is over, and if not, for the wellbeing of everyone who didn't plan a "vacation" to a foreign country for the time around the election.

I voted last week. I thought it was crowded based on the number of vehicles in the lot. But there were only a handful people voting at the time. Must be a lot of workers.
I wonder about when couples come in, if they are separated when voting. I envision some asshole standing over his wife’s shoulder pressuring her. Googling, I’m getting hits for North Carolina on this, that it’s not illegal. But I wonder how controlled it is in other fine family oriented communities such as my own. A couple cycles back, they used to assign me a voting station when I came in but no more.

Back
Top Bottom