• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"If I get impeached, it's your fault" Trump says to supporters

Let me do some flipping. If Trump doesn't get impeached, it's our fault as a society and we deserve him. There never was a decent reason to support this squalid man, and if we can't get rid of him, it's a problem with the national will, our intractable political system (electoral college, impeachment protocols, more) and the craven, corrupt GOP. Long live the Criminal Deep State!

Let me do some flipping. If Trump doesn't get impeached, it's our fault as a society and we deserve him. There never was a decent reason to support this squalid man, and if we can't get rid of him, it's a problem with the national will, our intractable political system (electoral college, impeachment protocols, more) and the craven, corrupt GOP. Long live the Criminal Deep State!

There's a big difference between you blaming society for a fucked up president and a despot president blaming his followers when he inevitably fails.

I don't see much of a problem with this. It's just a stylistic way of speaking. One of the GOP strategies to motivate their base for the midterms is to play up the storyline that the Dems will impeach Trump if they take control of Congress because they want to undermine the will of the voters or whatever the particular bullshit argument is, so it's important that they remember to get out and vote. This is Trump's way of saying that talking point.

I don't see much of a problem with this. It's just a stylistic way of speaking. One of the GOP strategies to motivate their base for the midterms is to play up the storyline that the Dems will impeach Trump if they take control of Congress because they want to undermine the will of the voters or whatever the particular bullshit argument is, so it's important that they remember to get out and vote. This is Trump's way of saying that talking point.

Y'mean he's playing to their CONSCIENCE?
S'cuse me a moment ... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Y'mean he's playing to their CONSCIENCE?
S'cuse me a moment ... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
No. He's playing to their fear. And that works, unfortunately. No one is more scared (read: chickenshit) than an authoritarian.

Granted. This seems more off-hand and early in the fail process to compare well with something like Hitler, who was hiding out in a bunker from allied forces when he blamed the German people, literally last minute desperation with all delusion destroyed.

So I guess I'll reopen my prediction. Trump will get to that point and he will blame Trumpists, but he will be spitting bitter and wildly desperate, not flippant and smug.

Let him say this to my face.

(And on the plus side, this is a brief shift away from his "If I lose it'll be fraud!" talking point, at least. He must have forgotten.)

Back
Top Bottom