• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If Trump does drop out, who is the nominee, do they have a change?

I cannot decide if the Killary campaign spreading rumors that Drumpf might drop out is a good strategy or a bad strategy.

All rumors about Trump dropping out are due to Clinton?

Weird. Does that mean everyone in this thread is a Clinton operative?

I cannot decide if the Killary campaign spreading rumors that Drumpf might drop out is a good strategy or a bad strategy.
Hillary is behind it? How out of touch are you? Hillary doesn't want Trump out. She wants Trump in, for Trump to implode, and for turnout for Trump to dissolve, leading to a '88 level victory and a potential taking of the House.

If Trump leaves the race, it is impossible to know the outcome. Clinton doesn't want to let the Republicans hit the reset button. Seriously? How dumb can an observation be?

Hillary is behind it? How out of touch are you? Hillary doesn't want Trump out. She wants Trump in, for Trump to implode, and for turnout for Trump to dissolve, leading to a '88 level victory and a potential taking of the House.

If Trump leaves the race, it is impossible to know the outcome. Clinton doesn't want to let the Republicans hit the reset button. Seriously? How dumb can an observation be?

Ya, it's not the Democrats who are having a problem with Trump. That's why Hillary's strategy for the past week has basically been to STFU. The GOP is having buyer's remorse after the convention and trying to figure out WTF they should be doing.

It would be nice if Clinton was this Machiavellian chess master manipulator who's surreptitiously tweaking events from the shadows to have everyone unintentionally dance on her puppet strings because that would be a fairly useful ability for a President to have, even if it's not as flashy as the ability to fly or shoot lasers from her eyes, but she's not actually that clever and the people she's against (aside from Trump) aren't actually that dumb.

It would be nice if Clinton was this Machiavellian chess master manipulator who's surreptitiously tweaking events from the shadows to have everyone unintentionally dance on her puppet strings because that would be a fairly useful ability for a President to have, even if it's not as flashy as the ability to fly or shoot lasers from her eyes, but she's not actually that clever and the people she's against (aside from Trump) aren't actually that dumb.

Even President Underwood has his limitations...

Ya, it's not the Democrats who are having a problem with Trump. That's why Hillary's strategy for the past week has basically been to STFU. The GOP is having buyer's remorse after the convention and trying to figure out WTF they should be doing.

The idea is to demoralize the Republicans by causing them to believe they've lost all control of the course of their party's future. To the point where (as I heard one Republican pollster say last week) they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. It's actually a lot like the enhanced interrogation techniques used at Abu Ghraib prison. You're in pain and you've got no idea how much worse it will get. (I watch a lot of CSPAN on the weekend. :smile:)

ETA: Oh yeah, It's not Hillary, its Bill pulling the strings.

The idea is to demoralize the Republicans by causing them to believe they've lost all control of the course of their party's future. To the point where (as I heard one Republican pollster say last week) they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. It's actually a lot like the enhanced interrogation techniques used at Abu Ghraib prison. You're in pain and you've got no idea how much worse it will get. (I watch a lot of CSPAN on the weekend. :smile:)

Demoralizing? Trump won the majority of delegates and the opposition never had a single candidate they could agree with.

To cause them to believe they've lost control of the course of their party's future? That's like having the cunning plan of undercutting math education by having all the primary school textbooks tell students that 2+2=4. The Republicans have actually lost this control and they know it and that's what's causing this consternation on their part. There are no overly complex and elaborate conspiracy theories needed to get them worried about this.

They are in a fucked up situation and they know it and that's what's causing their problems. It's not Darth Bill jedi mind tricking them or anything.

The Republican Party has chummed the waters of their base for so long and now they're surprised when a shark arrives?

Back
Top Bottom