• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If vaccines are so great, why aren't they mentioned in the Bible?

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
http://deadstate.org/anti-vaxxer-wa...-great-why-arent-they-mentioned-in-the-bible/

This article is from April, sorry for the lateness here.

I just thought I would remind everyone that even though people often think of anti-vaccine stuff as a nutty liberal thing (and the naturopathy/alternative medicine segment of the liberal community definitely is anti-vaccine (including fairly prominent liberal voices like Thom Hartmann, RFK jr, etc.), anti-vaccine are slightly more likely to be conservative.

article said:
“I just decided to just google what the bible says about vaccines,” Kara says at the outset of the video.

“There’s nothing in the bible that talks about vaccines.”

For the record, "X is or is not in holy book Y" is a terrible way to evaluate medical procedures. Yes, even if Y is the holy book from your religion.

....snip....
I just thought I would remind everyone that even though people often think of anti-vaccine stuff as a nutty liberal thing (and the naturopathy/alternative medicine segment of the liberal community definitely is anti-vaccine (including fairly prominent liberal voices like Thom Hartmann, RFK jr, etc.), anti-vaccine are slightly more likely to be conservative.
You should be careful in equating religious belief and political leanings. The two largest constituency block groups that make up the Democrat party (black and hispanic) are also the demographic groups that have the highest percentage of religious belief.

Last edited:
http://deadstate.org/anti-vaxxer-wa...-great-why-arent-they-mentioned-in-the-bible/

This article is from April, sorry for the lateness here.

article said:
“I just decided to just google what the bible says about vaccines,” Kara says at the outset of the video.

“There’s nothing in the bible that talks about vaccines.”

For the record, "X is or is not in holy book Y" is a terrible way to evaluate medical procedures. Yes, even if Y is the holy book from your religion.

"X is or is not in holy book Y" is a powerful argument for things you want everyone else to do, and against things you want other people to stop doing. But it is NEVER used as an argument against things you want to do, of for things you don't want to do.

Religious 'arguments' always turn out to show that god wants the same things the arguer wants, and that people other than the arguer need to change their behaviour.

Funny, that.

Back
Top Bottom