• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If you were to join a church "for the hell of it" which one would you join?

I don't know about joining ANY church, but I'd like to check out one of those southern black churches for a few Sundays. You know, where the ladies put on their fancy Sunday church hats, wave little hand fans to cool themselves off from all the heat and mumble randomly, "uh huh"..."that's right"..."the truth will set you free!" all during the sermon (conducted by some loud "fire & brimstone" type preacher). Then at the end of the service, the gospel choir starts singing, slowly and seriously at first, and by the time 20 minutes has passed, everyone is clapping, swaying back and forth, waving their hands over their head and doing backflips down the center aisle. That'd be cool.

Last edited:
Ya, I've noticed at my UU church that there really aren't enough people doing backflips down the aisle. I want there to be more of that happen mainly because there's a lot of old people at my church and I'm an orthopedic surgeon.

I'd probably be a therapeutae (from the Greek, "worshipper or attendant of the [pagan] god") of the god of the surf ... Huey.

In preparation for the day when the worship of Huey is officially recognised as a tax-deductable business, I have written his Gospel and mythology.

http://www.mountainman.com.au/surfi_06.htm
The Mythology of the Surf God HUEY

Probably the Catholic Church, they have impressive cathedrals, architecture, artwork, maybe try learning Latin while listening to the sermon/mass...the incense smells nice. :humph:

Back
Top Bottom