• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I’m dreaming of a White Christmas!

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say it's Griffith Peak.

That's my label. That's what I was told but the speaker wasn't certain and I don't know the peaks around here well enough to identify them that way even though I have been on the summit of Griffith Peak before--if nothing else, the trail comes up the other side, I never saw this side of it.

Saw some flakes entering the park on the 9th, but by the time we reached the trailhead nothing was coming down. We did find a slot canyon blocked by a puddle, though.

Yeah, we got every bit of 13 inches and maybe more. Hard to tell. It's started blowing.

So Gaynor, how does that sound to you? We're above zero! LOTS of white on the ground, on the roads, in the air!

Yeah, we got every bit of 13 inches and maybe more. Hard to tell. It's started blowing.

So Gaynor, how does that sound to you? We're above zero! LOTS of white on the ground, on the roads, in the air!

I am so jealous! Not fair!

We had a hot weather lunch today as it hit high 30s C and with humidity, meant it wasn’t safe for kids outside, so we kept them in the aircon!

I am so jealous! Not fair!

We had a hot weather lunch today as it hit high 30s C and with humidity, meant it wasn’t safe for kids outside, so we kept them in the aircon!

If it were feasible, I'd suggest a house swap for a week or so.....

The snow is really pretty but it's also pretty inconvenient, piled up very high along streets, making already narrow streets even more narrow. Some piles are so high that it is hard to see pedestrians at street corners as I found out today when running errands. No worries: everyone is ok but yikes.

Actually was in a bit of the white stuff yesterday. We were hiking out in the desert about 1000' above the city. Light snow, light hail, it didn't stick. The news said parts of the city got 2" last night, but that wasn't us.

snow on river.jpg

This was taken near my house. The wide, flat area is snow on top of a frozen river. The other side of the river shows snow covered bluffs. I didn't see them, but I'm sure the tracks are from a snowmobile.

We're due to get another 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow.

Can the snow please STOP now? We have had a pretty rough winter here in Ontario. I left for 3 weeks from the last week of January until the 2nd week into February and I was told we got big snow storms, and now more when I am back. It was supposed to stop on my return. :)

Can the snow please STOP now? We have had a pretty rough winter here in Ontario. I left for 3 weeks from the last week of January until the 2nd week into February and I was told we got big snow storms, and now more when I am back. It was supposed to stop on my return. :)

Please air-mail it south on the polar vortex. We need it in our watersheds.

Back
Top Bottom