• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeach Florida Governor Ron Desantis.

Jasonts

Basic Beliefs
Independent
Please support our petition to Impeach Florida Governor Ron Desantis.

We have lived in Florida since 1972, and our power bill, all Floridians power bills have more than doubled because Florida Governor Ron Desantis appointed cronies to the Florida Public Service Commission, who voted in favor of billions of dollars in increases on we the people, and Florida Power and Light, FPL, actually paid for Ron Desantis to run for Governor. Now we have to live in servitude as slaves serving FPL.
Here:
https://www.change.org/p/impeach-florida-governor-ron-desantis-over-extremely-high-fpl-billing

Please support our petition to Impeach Florida Governor Ron Desantis.

We have lived in Florida since 1972, and our power bill, all Floridians power bills have more than doubled because Florida Governor Ron Desantis appointed cronies to the Florida Public Service Commission, who voted in favor of billions of dollars in increases on we the people, and Florida Power and Light, FPL, actually paid for Ron Desantis to run for Governor. Now we have to live in servitude as slaves serving FPL.
Here:
https://www.change.org/p/impeach-florida-governor-ron-desantis-over-extremely-high-fpl-billing

I'd support your iniative for a raft of reasons.
But I doubt that the value of a gay Hoosier's opinion is worth giving my personal information out on the internet.
Tom

There is such a thing as DeSantis Derangement Syndrome. In all fairness, I do not think the OP tells the full story. The governor's office has issued a relevant statement -- if I may quote:
"A higher surcharge on power bills is offset by the irrefutable fact that, by purchasing less conventional power, Floridians have developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit, i.e., hewing cypress, mesquite, and mangrove logs, dredging swamp areas for proto-peat, shredding flamingo feathers for tinder, and heating Jacuzzis with orchard smudge pots."
I did not see any of this in the OP.

Last edited:
@Gospel

You're our favorite Florida Man.

Perhaps you can steer the @Jasonts towards more useful venues than this global empire, IIDB?
Tom

At this moment, I can affirm two things: electric bills are seeing a significant increase in Florida, and Ron DeSantis's tenure needs to end.

I don't know anything about Florida Constitutional law, but as I understand the situation, Desantis has the Florida legislature by the balls, so impeachment is an unrealistic goal. An impeachment conviction would oust Ron from the Capitol and he can't return.

Most states have a legal procedure for the recall of an elected official. This would be an election in which citizen vote to either keep him or boot him out. This would lead to a special election, in which Ron could run again.

I think both scenarios are equally unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom