• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeach Florida Governor Ron Desantis.

Jasonts

Basic Beliefs
Independent
We have lived in Florida since 1972, and our power bill, all Floridians power bills have more than doubled because Florida Governor Ron Desantis appointed cronies to the Florida Public Service Commission, who voted in favor of billions of dollars in increases on we the people, and Florida Power and Light, FPL, actually paid for Ron Desantis to run for Governor. Now we have to live in servitude as slaves serving FPL.
Here:
https://www.change.org/p/impeach-florida-governor-ron-desantis-over-extremely-high-fpl-billing

Reactions: SLD
We have lived in Florida since 1972, and our power bill, all Floridians power bills have more than doubled because Florida Governor Ron Desantis appointed cronies to the Florida Public Service Commission, who voted in favor of billions of dollars in increases on we the people, and Florida Power and Light, FPL, actually paid for Ron Desantis to run for Governor. Now we have to live in servitude as slaves serving FPL.
Here:
https://www.change.org/p/impeach-florida-governor-ron-desantis-over-extremely-high-fpl-billing
I think that it's a mistake to impeach leaders who have been elected and didn't commit a "high crime". Clearly Trump committed high crimes (not only should he have been impeached, but he should also never be allowed to run for any office again). But if you don't like Desantis, work to elect his opponent! As an aside, Florida used to be somewhat of a swing state. What happened?

I think Jasonts has RdSDS (Ron de Santis Derangement Syndrome)
Why is it that conservatives jump to _____ Derangement Syndrome whenever someone harshly criticises one of their own, yet get all pissy whenever they get called out for harshly criticising anyone else?
Projective derangement syndrome?

Why is it that conservatives jump to _____ Derangement Syndrome whenever someone harshly criticises one of their own, yet get all pissy whenever they get called out for harshly criticising anyone else?
This doesn't really make any sense. RdS is not "one of my own" (I don't live in Florida, never voted for him and I don't think I ever even posted anything about him, good or bad), and when did I "get all pissy..."? Anyway...

My post was merely pointing out that Jasonts had, at that point, made only two posts on IIDB with essentially the same content (a petition to impeach RdS). Once on Oct 5, and then on Oct. 25th. Nothing else to add to the forum for 20 days in between? The (perhaps too subtle) point of my post was that it seems pretty likely he is using IIDB as a bulletin board solely to collect signatures for a petition. Which strikes me as a rather inappropriate use of this forum, but I could be wrong. What do I know? :shrug:

This doesn't really make any sense. RdS is not "one of my own" (I don't live in Florida, never voted for him and I don't think I ever even posted anything about him, good or bad), and when did I "get all pissy..."? Anyway...
It makes more sense than the RDS syndrome remark.
Given my incomplete reading of your responses, they strike me as conservative.

thebeave said:
My post was merely pointing out that Jasonts had, at that point, made only two posts on IIDB with essentially the same content (a petition to impeach RdS). Once on Oct 5, and then on Oct. 25th. Nothing else to add to the forum for 20 days in between? The (perhaps too subtle) point of my post was that it seems pretty likely he is using IIDB as a bulletin board solely to collect signatures for a petition. Which strikes me as a rather inappropriate use of this forum, but I could be wrong. What do I know? :shrug:
None of which routinely explains the RDS syndrome remark.

Here:
What has happened to costs?

Power is up everywhere, not just Florida.

His stance is so unrelentingly mean and confrontational that, as in the case of President #45, I find myself bewildered that he gained political office. The 'vote fraud' police that harass well-meaning citizens and threaten them with draconian punishment, the cheap and nasty Martha's Vineyard stunt, the sledgehammer assault on academic liberty, the very personal attack on Disney -- this guy is so unpleasant that I wouldn't want to know anyone that could support him. I can see him as a child burning ants and tying firecrackers to cat's tails. I've never heard him talk about religion, but I'd stake good money that he claims to love Jesus in his heart.

I work for a utility here in Florida. The number of people that call me every single day because they can't afford the basics, like cooling, is heartbreaking. Ironically, and also tragically, many of them are the elderly, that live on social security, and continue to vote Republican in this state, and fail to realize what they are experiencing is the system working as designed.

You can literally hear FOX News on in the background as they curse Joe Biden on the phone for their troubles.

I work for a utility here in Florida. The number of people that call me every single day because they can't afford the basics, like cooling, is heartbreaking. Ironically, and also tragically, many of them are the elderly, that live on social security, and continue to vote Republican in this state, and fail to realize what they are experiencing is the system working as designed.

You can literally hear FOX News on in the background as they curse Joe Biden on the phone for their troubles.
I wish we had Florida's electric rates (average: 11.37 cents/kWH) versus here in Democrat ruled California (average : 19.9 cents/kWh). Its almost double here what you pay. Not to mention the price trend for Florida from 2022 is down, while California's is up and will continue to go higher over the coming years. There are currently only 4 states with higher rates than CA (Alaska, Hawaii, Connecticut and Massuchusetts).

Electricity Rates by State

Plus, our rolling blackouts where PG&E has had to cut power for days in the summer at peak heat because our powergrid can't support the demand, and because the utility has failed to mitigate fire risk from wind swept trees in contact with powerlines. Its only going to get worse...probably very dystopian... in a few years with the ongoing phaseout of natural gas appliances, EV sales mandates and our state's long history of anti-nuclear power generation.

And yet, like your state, we continue to elect politicians who's policies have gotten us into this mess. :HEADBUTT:

Given your state's slowdown in new residential development and the extensive costs associated with distributing electricity to individual homes across vast areas, it seems less justifiable for residential customers to pay higher rates than industrial users, who consume more power. That's just my wild off the hip opinion.

Edit: In other words, switch the current industrial rates with residential rates. Drops mic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom