• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impressive Magic Trick

Most of those aint proper bottles but very thin shells with no bottom.

Yea, and he's really careful about not showing the bottoms of the bottles to the camera and when putting the bottles down on the table. You can actually hear the hollow shell sounds at 1:50 and 2:30, etc.

I found this trick really impressive. I think I have a reasonable guess as to how he did it - but still, it's amazing.

Yea, and he's really careful about not showing the bottoms of the bottles to the camera and when putting the bottles down on the table. You can actually hear the hollow shell sounds at 1:50 and 2:30, etc.

I heard those clunks as well, but thought they were a function of the type of table he's working with, not the bottles themselves.

So we're speculating that the bottles are all thin shells nested inside each other? Because at one point he holds up the tubes to the camera to show they're hollow. And which bottle contains the wine he pours into the glass?

Last edited:
Because at one point he holds up the tubes to the camera to show they're hollow.

I think he did that when all the bottles were on the table.

He does it with one of the tubes at 1:40, with only two bottles on the table. The second tube he holds up right after, but so quickly it's difficult to see if it is truly hollow.

I think he did that when all the bottles were on the table.

He does it with one of the tubes at 1:40, with only two bottles on the table. The second tube he holds up right after, but so quickly it's difficult to see if it is truly hollow.

I have no doubt the tubes are empty when he shows them to the camera. At the time, all of the thin shells are stacked and nested on the table - they are thin enough that you can't easily tell the difference in height. He's also careful not to place them right next to each other for comparison.

He handled the two tubes differently. I was specifically looking to see if he showed us the one in his right hand was hollow, but i don't believe he ever did.

I heard those clunks as well, but thought they were a function of the type of table he's working with, not the bottles themselves.

So we're speculating that the bottles are all thin shells nested inside each other? Because at one point he holds up the tubes to the camera to show they're hollow. And which bottle contains the wine he pours into the glass?

Ah. He probably didnt: i would rather think that the glass contains the wine in its hollow sides or fot.

How to make a hollow wine-pouring bottle, as per the first video in this thread . . .

Ani wine bottle.gif

I note how far he has to tilt the bottle to fill the wine glass - too far for the bottle to be normal.
With double walls, it could contain just enough liquid for the trick. The bottle must be poured carefully
and slowly so as not to slop wine from the upper lip of the bottle. Pressing the neck of the bottle
sideways in the tube would create enough friction for the bottle to stick inside the tube as it's lifted.

He handled the two tubes differently. I was specifically looking to see if he showed us the one in his right hand was hollow, but i don't believe he ever did.
No he did not. He raised it up real quick alluding that he would, but it went back down real quickly before you could see if it was actually hollow.

It was a nice trick the whole way around. Presented very well.

Back
Top Bottom