• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

In defence of Trump

Trump was good at bringing up topics that should be discussed.
Can you cite one example?

I mean, this seems to me like saying people with tourette's syndrome are good at saying things in public that most people won't.

I did. Immigration. Weinstein breaks it down pretty well in the episode. Explaining how immigration changes incentives in the jobs market. And how this shifts power balances around. Its not an argument against immigration. Its more just an acknowledgement that anything that happens in a market will impact it, of course.

Trump reduces it to "brown people bad" which is retarded.

And you are spot on about people with Tourettes. That's what Trump is.

Weinstein contrasts it with the political elite that just paper over problems and moves focus to pseudo debates and virtue signalling, guaranteeing that nothing will ever change. Good or bad

Trump was good a lying about topics that should be discussed.
And topics that shouldn't be discussed.
And topics that have nothing to do with anything.
He's a really good liar. The best. Nobody can lie like Donald Trump.

/defense of Trump

/defense of Trump

Good liar?

/defense of Trump

Good liar?

The best. Never a blink.
He actually believes he has "a very big brain", and that he alone can "fix" it [America].
He actually believes white people are superior and that everyone (including those with inferior genes) would be better off if he was the single authority, ruling over the entire planet.
And yes, he actually believes he won the 2020 election. In a landslide. (It took him a while to be certain of that "fact", but he and his very big brain now know it to be true 100%.)

The most amazing thing I have learned about Trump is that when George Floyd was murdered, he was truly furious, enraged at the cop(s) who murdered him and wanted them all locked up.

/defense of Trump

Good liar?

No, I disagree. The measure of a LIAR is not how much the LIAR believes their lies, but how much the AUDIENCE believes their lies.
How much the LIAR believes their own lies is instead a measure of their PSYCHOSIS.

The measure of a LIAR is not how much the LIAR believes their lies, but how much the AUDIENCE believes their lies.
Good point, but i do not think it applies, here.
Trump's not that persuasive.
And he was all over the map. He just retold those lies that get a really positive response. He's not convincing anyone of his lies, he's mastered telling them what they already believe and desperately need confirmation of.
He's no Harry Mudd, just a mirror with a microphone.

The measure of a LIAR is not how much the LIAR believes their lies, but how much the AUDIENCE believes their lies.
And he was all over the map. He just retold those lies that get a really positive response. He's not convincing anyone of his lies, he's mastered telling them what they already believe and desperately need confirmation of.

Recall that, according to John Boehner, Republican "leadership" is figuring out which way the crowd is moving and running out in front of it.

Recall that, according to John Boehner, Republican "leadership" is figuring out which way the crowd is moving and running out in front of it.

Isn't that all politics?

Isn't that all politics?

Perhaps, but I haven’t heard Pelosi describe her leadership skills that way, nor any other Democratic leader, while Boehner explicitly did.

Isn't that all politics?

Absolutely not.

It's all too common nowadays. But things weren't always like that.

Imperfect as they were, I remember when politicians lead.
Tom

Isn't that all politics?

Well, that's "Pure" politics... that "policy" is irrelevant and if the crowd is looking for a syringe to inject bleach with then the GoP leadership is buying shares in Clorox.
Politics used to have a degree of "good for the nation" behind some of it.

Back
Top Bottom