• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

‘Inappropriate’ Images of Biden With Kids Are Deceptive and Defamatory

ZiprHead

Substitute Looney
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2020/11/inappropriate-images-of-biden-with-kids-are-deceptive-and-defamatory/?fbclid=IwAR0KGmqeawZLJGQO4C0GnQ23_YYi8wO2T3VfBukpYz94SZxLsj2YFa1ZuVE

If you’re like me, you’ve been casually scrolling through Facebook or Twitter only to see someone post allegedly “inappropriate” pictures of Joe Biden with children. Or maybe you saw Donald Trump Jr. call Biden a “pedophile.” Either way, you probably want to get to the bottom of it.

I thought at first that Biden just had issues with respecting personal space, or that his closeness to citizens was merely the product of being an older politician, but, as a journalist and author of a book about fighting fake news, I decided to look deeper. My investigation has revealed the photos are deceptively edited, captioned, and marketed to hurt the president-elect’s reputation. In each photo I analyzed, the context of the situation has been distorted such that it appears “creepy” when in reality it was entirely benign.

Let’s talk about some specifics.

This is probably what Roman political news was like during its decline.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2020/11/inappropriate-images-of-biden-with-kids-are-deceptive-and-defamatory/?fbclid=IwAR0KGmqeawZLJGQO4C0GnQ23_YYi8wO2T3VfBukpYz94SZxLsj2YFa1ZuVE

If you’re like me, you’ve been casually scrolling through Facebook or Twitter only to see someone post allegedly “inappropriate” pictures of Joe Biden with children. Or maybe you saw Donald Trump Jr. call Biden a “pedophile.” Either way, you probably want to get to the bottom of it.

I thought at first that Biden just had issues with respecting personal space, or that his closeness to citizens was merely the product of being an older politician, but, as a journalist and author of a book about fighting fake news, I decided to look deeper. My investigation has revealed the photos are deceptively edited, captioned, and marketed to hurt the president-elect’s reputation. In each photo I analyzed, the context of the situation has been distorted such that it appears “creepy” when in reality it was entirely benign.

My theory which is consistent with evidence is that Mr. Trump's accusations are projections from his life.

My theory which is consistent with evidence is that Mr. Trump's accusations are projections from his life.

Totally...

I mean, no one can REALLY make things up out of a vacuum... there has to be some input. One can only imagine the imaginable... and what makes something imaginable, is that you imagined it at one point in your life. To be able to reason out how someone might think that way requires the ability to think that way... so these are projections of what these people are able to imagine being capable of doing.

So when I see spittle-faced maniacs going on about Democratic baby-eating pedophiles... they scare me alot... to think of what type of mind it takes to imagine and believe such things... to even be able to make it up and then imagine how someone would subscribe to it... takes a psychopath to even be able to assign radically evil thoughts to anyone else's mind.

One can only imagine the imaginable... and what makes something imaginable, is that you imagined it at one point in your life.
Speaking as someone who has written fiction with details that squick me out, this is not entirely true. Very imiginative people can create ideas from whole cloth, ,like a technical exercise, from the question, "Why didn't Sherelock Holmes stop Jack Th Ripper?" led to "What if Holmes WAS The Ripper? Explain why he do that?"

But that's imaginative people. Dullards have a much more limited repertoire, and, yes, their accusations are more confessional than indictments.

Now, a lot of the people repeating this nonsense are not evil, they've just turned off any critical znalysis of what they're parroting.

One can only imagine the imaginable... and what makes something imaginable, is that you imagined it at one point in your life.
Speaking as someone who has written fiction with details that squick me out, this is not entirely true. Very imiginative people can create ideas from whole cloth, ,like a technical exercise, from the question, "Why didn't Sherelock Holmes stop Jack Th Ripper?" led to "What if Holmes WAS The Ripper? Explain why he do that?"

But that's imaginative people. Dullards have a much more limited repertoire, and, yes, their accusations are more confessional than indictments.

Now, a lot of the people repeating this nonsense are not evil, they've just turned off any critical znalysis of what they're parroting.

In your example, you started with a rich universe of prior content... Jack the Ripper. Countless, classic and contemporary story plots involve "the victim was actually the perpetrator!".. it's almost corny in commonality.

I'm not suggesting you are not creative... you're just not being introspective enough to fully recognize how much you stand on the shoulders of giants before you, which informs your imagination with concept.

In your example, you started with a rich universe of prior content... Jack the Ripper. Countless, classic and contemporary story plots involve "the victim was actually the perpetrator!".. it's almost corny in commonality.

I'm not suggesting you are not creative... you're just not being introspective enough to fully recognize how much you stand on the shoulders of giants before you, which informs your imagination with concept.

It's corny and common if only because it's a natural game-theoretic option that can make a lot of sense.

Take for example a D&D setting wherein my party was investigating supernatural arson on a country-side scale. They are laid over in the (primary setting city), and are doing a side quest to get the city behind their efforts and thus patronize their adventuring. In the course of this, they ended up in a slum after fucking about at a tavern, and found an opium den which promptly burned down as a result of their involvement (though not strictly speaking through any of their faults; it was more panic of the proprietors that resulted in this outcome). The result? The city elders that they went to about arson tasked them with investigating a fire in the city, which they promptly failed to hide their involvement and they came clean (while losing some reputation with the city).

In fact, Trump's MO seems to be playing the victim of everything he does, from voter fraud to molesting children. Good fiction mirrors reality. It just turns out that reality is rife with cliche.

That was hardly a comprehensive analysis. I'd like to see him rationalize Biden's behavior in the video clips here:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO4Q[/YOUTUBE]

That was hardly a comprehensive analysis. I'd like to see him rationalize Biden's behavior in the video clips here:

Didn't actually read the OP link, did you. That was actually one of the examples.

The AP confirms that Biden was merely leaning in “to say something” to the young girl, but abuse is in the eye of the victim, so the truth here all depends on what Maggie thinks. She has stated in interviews that there was nothing “creepy” about the interaction.

You just self-failed. :hysterical:

Didn't actually read the OP link, did you. That was actually one of the examples.

The AP confirms that Biden was merely leaning in “to say something” to the young girl, but abuse is in the eye of the victim, so the truth here all depends on what Maggie thinks. She has stated in interviews that there was nothing “creepy” about the interaction.

I did read the OP. You obviously didn't watch the video, as you responded within 5 minutes, and the video clip is over 10 minutes long. If you had watched it, you would learn (from a CNN source, anyway, not the AP), that it was her dad who stated in interviews that she didn't think it wasn't creepy, not Maggie herself.

I did read the OP. You obviously didn't watch the video, as you responded within 5 minutes, and the video clip is over 10 minutes long. If you had watched it, you would learn (from a CNN source, anyway, not the AP), that it was her dad who stated in interviews that she didn't think it wasn't creepy, not Maggie herself.

So you're saying her dad was lying?

nevermind

Were you going to say something about who pioneered the weaponization of paedophilia accusations?
How karma is a bitch?

YES!!!!

FINALLY! A devout conservative admits that pedophilia used to be (and still sometimes is) okay with conservatives. This is because the Bible, Quran, and Torah all support young girls marrying old men. It took liberals to start shaming conservatives for then conservatives to start lying about liberals.

Good job Lion IRC.

So you're saying her dad was lying?

Who knows....maybe. He probably didn't want to create a commotion with the VP of the US (a fellow Democrat at that), so he downplayed it. If it was me, I'd probably do the same. That particular incident was fairly benign, anyway, at least compared to others in the video.

Back
Top Bottom