• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Well, to quote the original film - "It's about bloody time".

I really hope they do a good job with this one, since it's a movie which deserves a decent sequel.

I really hope they do a good job with this one, since it's a movie which deserves a decent sequel.
Does it really? It was a fun popcorn film blockbuster. I thought it ended where it should have... other than the actual ending where pretty much every main character survives.

What is at least a bit refreshing is the 20 year time change and a very familiar cast.

Just so long as it has one really annoying character who gets to shout nearly a dozen Parting Lines before finally dying in an explosion.

Does it really? It was a fun popcorn film blockbuster. I thought it ended where it should have... other than the actual ending where pretty much every main character survives.

What is at least a bit refreshing is the 20 year time change and a very familiar cast.

Yes, it really does. I can't link to YouTube videos from work, but if you google "Does Independence Day Hold Up" by MovieBob, you get a good analysis of how it is actually an excellent film which very much deserves all the praise that it gets from its fans.

Yes, it really does. I can't link to YouTube videos from work, but if you google "Does Independence Day Hold Up" by MovieBob, you get a good analysis of how it is actually an excellent film which very much deserves all the praise that it gets from its fans.
Plenty of great movies have been made that never had sequels.

Actually, if the original movie had a point, the point was to use a brainless blockbuster action movie to inject fairly liberal ideas into the public consciousness:

Whether or not it gets a sequel is kind of incidental in my opinion. The story certainly left enough questions unanswered to warrant a sequel.

Is everyone going to hate me if I say that I hope to see Will Smith again?

Plenty of great movies have been made that never had sequels.

To paraphrase a Jeff Goldblum character from another movie:

Sequels...find a way.

Yeah, I picked up on that at a promotional site. Too bad.

But, on the bright side, it also means that Will Smith's useless kid won't be shoehorned into a major role and pull down the entire movie.
And for no reason, Independence Day 2 - Snakes on a Spaceship came to mind. When Samuel L. Jackson saves Earth by coming up with the idea of putting snakes on the spaceships to really creep the aliens out.

The trailer didn't seem all that intriguing to me. The mother ship was really huge before and so it this one. And the last time I found Jeff Goldblum interesting was sometime back in the 1980s. But really, he peaked back in the 70s when in Death Wish uttered the unforgettable lines:

"...don't jive mother, you know what we want," and "Goddamn rich cunt! I hate rich cunts!"

Anyway, I don't care what Moviebob says, the first movie was little more than eye candy, that was fun the first time you watched it and became worse with each viewing.

And Judd Hirsch; him and Goldblum on the screen at the same time is annoying^3

When you're a hive species, you don't need to worry about things like that.

They'll know better this time.

The trailer didn't seem all that intriguing to me. The mother ship was really huge before and so it this one. And the last time I found Jeff Goldblum interesting was sometime back in the 1980s. But really, he peaked back in the 70s when in Death Wish uttered the unforgettable lines:

"...don't jive mother, you know what we want," and "Goddamn rich cunt! I hate rich cunts!"

Anyway, I don't care what Moviebob says, the first movie was little more than eye candy, that was fun the first time you watched it and became worse with each viewing.

And Judd Hirsch; him and Goldblum on the screen at the same time is annoying^3

Did you watch it?

That is pretty close to his assessment: eye candy and tons of tropes used to inject fairly subversive ideas into the public consciousness, some of which have since become new tropes.

Back
Top Bottom