• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Intel intercepts show Sessions lied about meetings with Russian ambassador

I would bet that these intercepts have been known for at least 6 months (and maybe for a year) by the people who handle this. Just waiting for people to lie about stuff.

In two ways they have been known. First is legally and above board by normal surveillance. The second is by the kind of stuff that Snowden uncovered. In the latter case, they have to wait for this information to come to light in a legal way.

That sounds somewhat illegal. Someone should bring this to the attention of the Attorney General so that it can be dealt with.

Every couple of days, there's a "Holy Fucking Shit!" moment with this crew.

Yet at the same time, I really believed Sessions with respect to what he said about his contact with the Russians. I thought he was smarter than that. He knew that U.S. intelligence agencies had been surveilling them. It was public knowledge. He knew who they were surveilling, which was also public knowledge by the time he testified.

This little piece of shit has some options though.

1. Clam up and go to jail
2. Be half-assed forthcoming, get caught lying under oath again, and go to jail
3. Start singing about everything he knows about Trump in exchange for immunity.

This just keeps getting better and worse at the same time.

Lots of speculation out there that Trump leaked it himself to have an excuse to get rid of Sessions. Oddly, that makes the most sense.

Lots of speculation out there that Trump leaked it himself to have an excuse to get rid of Sessions. Oddly, that makes the most sense.

I'm not sure - Trump could have canned Sessions anyway as he's a Presidential appointee. Any replacement who attempts to impede or fire the Special Counsel will cause a bloodbath.

Not saying it couldn't be true, given the level of competence in the WH, but this doesn't actually seem helpful to the admin.

I'm not sure - Trump could have canned Sessions anyway as he's a Presidential appointee. Any replacement who attempts to impede or fire the Special Counsel will cause a bloodbath.

Not saying it couldn't be true, given the level of competence in the WH, but this doesn't actually seem helpful to the admin.

Trump can't fire Sessions if his goal is to fire or shut down Mueller. He needs a compliant unrecused AG. So Sessions must resign.

Trump can't fire Sessions if his goal is to fire or shut down Mueller. He needs a compliant unrecused AG. So Sessions must resign.

When Cheato nominates a new AG, every Dem in congress will line up to ask the nominee if he would fire Mueller. This is going to be a real freak show.

While this does show that Sessions was guilty as hell, I don't think the transmissions would be admissible because it seems illegally obtained. The Russian diplomat can't really be leaned on to provide the transmissions in a legal manner either. However, this may mean that other related evidence has a higher chance of coming out and that social and political pressure are on the administration and Sessions. Therefore, Sessions himself may end up backtracking and then asking for immunity from either the new, related evidence or crack under the pressure.

tumblr_n53e36oWd61tq4of6o1_500.gif

What does it say about our current government that the way we can figure out what our leaders are up to is by SPYING ON THE RUSSIANS?

Like, how compromised are we if Russia knows more about what the Trump Administration is doing than Congress does?

El Douchebag is upset because what he enjoyed happening to Clinton is now happening to him.

I'm kinda enjoying all this Making America Great Again stuff.

He will never tire of winning, or losing or whatever is going through that puny mind of his at any given moment.

Clinton deletes emails and conservatives call for her head.

Sessions, Flynn, and Kushner lie on their security clearance forms like dogs, lie to the FBI, and they say nothing.

Goes to show you just how much they really care about law and order.

Sessions, Flynn, and Kushner lie on their security clearance forms like dogs, lie to the FBI, and they say nothing.

Now, come on. I'm sure that every conservative on this site has been spamming all these threads with angry posts detailing the minute regulations governing security clearance application forms and spewing venom about how they'd be fired and thrown in jail if they did half of what these people did.

You know, unless they're a bunch of pathetic hypocrites and we can't make that kind of assumption about them.

Law and order is just a club to beat people they don't like over the head for these people.

It has nothing to do with them.

They are the masters. Above all law.

He will never tire of winning, or losing or whatever is going through that puny mind of his at any given moment.

Playing chess with a pigeon... it knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board and, in this case, declares another "win". Yes, the orange pigeon enjoys it immensely.

Back
Top Bottom