• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

IOWA: Carly Fiorina Hijacks Preschool Field Trip, Uses Toddlers As Captive Props For Anti-Abortion Rant

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dren-for-anti-abortion-rally?CMP=share_btn_tw
ap_903875210886.jpg

Carly Fiorina has been accused of “ambushing” a group of children, after she ushered pre-schoolers, who were on a field trip to a botanical garden, into an anti-abortion rally in Des Moines.

On Wednesday, the former Hewlett-Packard chief executive embarked on a day of campaigning across Iowa, in an attempt to boost her ailing presidential campaign.

The alleged ambush occurred when Fiorina hosted a “right to life” forum at the Greater Des Moines botanical garden. Entering the rally, before a crowd of about 60 people, she directed around 15 young children towards a makeshift stage.

The problem, one parent said, was that the children’s parents had not given Fiorina permission to have their children sit with her – in front of a huge banner bearing the image of an unborn foetus – while she talked about harvesting organs from aborted babies.

“The kids went there to see the plants,” said Chris Beck, the father of four-year-old Chatham, one of the children Fiorina appeared with. “She ambushed my son’s field trip.”

At what point does a trip to the Botantical Gardens become a meet and greet with Carly Fiorina?

I'm confused. Is she saying a fetus is like a ficus, a plant? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe she should be arrested for false imprisonment ;)

Why? The kids could easily have walked away. Certainly much easier than down an interstate bridge, leaving their cars parked illegally.

Carly Fiorina's stint as a CEO of a copy machine company makes her a perfect pro-life spokesperson... after all, what are pregnant women if not machines to churn out copies of themselves? She probably likens abortions to paper jams.

Carly Fiorina's stint as a CEO of a copy machine company makes her a perfect pro-life spokesperson... after all, what are pregnant women if not machines to churn out copies of themselves? She probably likens abortions to paper jams.
Well I am sure she as an HP CEO has heard of the concept on the von Neumann (or self replicating) machine.

Alt-text: "We are sexy, sexy Von Neumann machines."
Although "copy of themselves" would technically only apply in cases of parthenogenesis. :)

Well, they went there to see plants and they ended up seeing someone as dull and uninteresting as Carly Fiorina.

I don't see the problem.

"Mommy, why is the bad lady from the Dalmatians movie making me stand here?"

I thought that poor boy (2nd from left) had a mullet. Carly would be the least of his problems.

We have a catholic school (grades 1-8) that likes to put up about a hundred little crosses and a anti-abortion sign in the front yard once a year. I wonder if the children ask questions about it and what responses they may get. Children shouldn't have to deal with such things. Some arguments should be private.

Back
Top Bottom