• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is ‘Threads’ a “Twitter-killer”?

I’ve set up a post acct....

Personally, I post almost nothing—perhaps a quick response to something but rarely even that. I’m not out to make a name fir myself, to gather followers or turn a buck.

I decided to sign up on Post too. My username is RuthH1937. Look me up if you desire. I only have a few posts there but I comment regularly on other posts. The reason I decided to go with Post is that I am a news junkie, and they fill that need nicely.

I looked at Mastodon but I was a little bewildered by the signup options like choosing an instance. I am not sure how I am supposed to know which one will suit me the best. I also don't like the idea that it is so limiting on interactions between instances.

Ruth
I’m also a news junkie and a few of the people I follow have at least nominal presences there. I honestly don’t remember my handle—I guess I should look around again..,,

Twitter threatens to sue its new rival, Threads, claiming Meta stole trade secrets

Twitter has threatened to take legal action against Threads, a new rival app from Meta that has gained tens of millions of users since its release on Wednesday.

On the same day, an attorney representing Twitter, Alex Spiro, sent a letter to Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg accusing Threads of engaging in "systematic, willful, and unlawful misappropriation of Twitter's trade secrets and other intellectual property."

Twitter threatens to sue its new rival, Threads, claiming Meta stole trade secrets

Twitter has threatened to take legal action against Threads, a new rival app from Meta that has gained tens of millions of users since its release on Wednesday.

On the same day, an attorney representing Twitter, Alex Spiro, sent a letter to Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg accusing Threads of engaging in "systematic, willful, and unlawful misappropriation of Twitter's trade secrets and other intellectual property."
Twitter: “You hired our ex-employees and stole our trade secrets.”

Meta: “There are no ex-Twitter employees on our development team.”

Should be easy enough to determine which is true.

It sounds like I should go get on Mastadon or Post if I want to follow people I used to follow on twitter. I’ll have to see if my kids are on something, then I can get on what they’re on.

Back
Top Bottom