• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Israel Outlaws Flouridation of Drinking Water

Crazy Eddie

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
And now for something completely different...

The Jerusalem Post said:
Contrary to the advice of public health and dentistry experts in her own ministry and academia, Health Minister Yael German has decided to prohibit the fluoridation of drinking water around the country.

She also issued her decision Sunday in contravention of a letter written exactly two years ago by Prime Minister (and then-official health minister) Binyamin Netanyahu, who told Knesset Interior Committee chairman MK Amnon Cohen that he [Netanyahu] “could not agree to the cessation of fluoridation” of potable water. Netanyahu continued that municipalities had requested to continue their fluoridation of water and that they should be allowed to do so.

I understand they have (or think they have) a good reason for this, but for some reason a little voice in my head keeps saying "precious bodily fluids".

And now for something completely different...
The Jerusalem Post said:
Contrary to the advice of public health and dentistry experts in her own ministry and academia, Health Minister Yael German has decided to prohibit the fluoridation of drinking water around the country. She also issued her decision Sunday in contravention of a letter written exactly two years ago by Prime Minister (and then-official health minister) Binyamin Netanyahu, who told Knesset Interior Committee chairman MK Amnon Cohen that he [Netanyahu] “could not agree to the cessation of fluoridation” of potable water. Netanyahu continued that municipalities had requested to continue their fluoridation of water and that they should be allowed to do so.
I understand they have (or think they have) a good reason for this, but for some reason a little voice in my head keeps saying "precious bodily fluids".
What is your point? What conclusions are you drawing from this?

Israel is trying to get rid of Palestinians by removing flouride in their drinking water, and give them caries. Duh!

Why on earth would they want to remove fluoridation from their water? I had not been under the impression that it was particularly expensive.

Why on earth would they want to remove fluoridation from their water? I had not been under the impression that it was particularly expensive.

Anti-fluoridation idiots. The world is full of kooks.

They've got a bunch of religious kooks, it's no surprise that they have more medical kooks.

Israel is trying to get rid of Palestinians by removing flouride in their drinking water, and give them caries. Duh!

This must be it!

Perhaps the plan is to test Palestinian well water for the presence of fluoride, and if it's found the well will be destroyed as an "illegal operation" that uses "a banned substance" to contaminate the Israeli water supply. ;)

I assumed there must be something sensible, like maybe Floride buildup in the Dead Sea... But no, looks like caving to religious/natural foods idiocy.

The Jerusalem Post said:
Contrary to the advice of public health and dentistry experts in her own ministry and academia, Health Minister Yael German has decided to prohibit the fluoridation of drinking water around the country.
Not the worst thing a German has ever tried to do the Jewish people...

The Jerusalem Post said:
Not the worst thing a German has ever tried to do the Jewish people...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sofAN4xc[/YOUTUBE]

I've said before that Israel should consider adding Lithium instead.

They've got a bunch of religious kooks, it's no surprise that they have more medical kooks.

That doesn't actually provide me with the answer I'm seeking. What is their reasoning? Being anti-fluoridation idiots doesn't tell me why they're anti-fluoridation. What is their hypothesis for wanting it removed?

That doesn't actually provide me with the answer I'm seeking. What is their reasoning? Being anti-fluoridation idiots doesn't tell me why they're anti-fluoridation. What is their hypothesis for wanting it removed?

It's no more explicable than other anti-fluoridation idiots. Off the top of my head:

1) (Which actually has some merit) The state shouldn't decide to medicate everybody. (Never mind that they're just extending what nature does naturally in some areas.)

2) It's poison. (True--but remember the poison is in the dose.)

3) Conspiracy theories--it's a means of disposing of hazardous waste. (The raw stuff sure is hazardous. Waste, though??)

I take responsibility for my own health, I don't require, or need, anything other than access to purified water, normally provided by the local council, paid for by tax/ratepayers. If someone wants to use fluoride to improve their own or their children's teeth, that is their business. Presumably, being competent adults, they are able to make their own decision on the matter.

But you don't take responsibility for purifying your drinking water. How interesting.

But you don't take responsibility for purifying your drinking water. How interesting.

I do use a charcoal filter, but that isn't the point. I was referring to the principle of going over and above water purification and encroaching into the territory of mass public medication, adding an element into the public water supply that is meant to improve public health, an element that some consumers may not want in their water supply regardless of its benefits..for the reason that we are not given a choice on whether to use fluoride, or not . You get what you are given, it's good for you...

I do use a charcoal filter, but that isn't the point. I was referring to the principle of going over and above water purification and encroaching into the territory of mass public medication, adding an element into the public water supply that is meant to improve public health, an element that some consumers may not want in their water supply regardless of its benefits..for the reason that we are not given a choice on whether to use fluoride, or not . You get what you are given, it's good for you...

I think the anti-vaccination crowd makes the same argument, though obviously dental caries is far less significant a health problem, than say, polio or small pox.

Back
Top Bottom