• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

The evidence provided paints an unescapable conclusion that Trump not only was involved, but was one of the central figures or the leading figure in attempting actual election fraud (have him on "tape" with Georgia... dead to rights), the insurrection, and attempt to create a faux Constitutional crisis in which he could meander the election to Congress where the GOP would firmly rape our democracy.

I watch it and I hear it, but it is hard to grasp. As a post war baby boomer who grew up in the Cold War it is something I could never have imagined here at home.

Premeditated and preplanned insurrection led by the American president.

Ben Franklin thought within 40 or 50 years we would have had an authoritarian leader. Maybe it was gong to happen sooner or later. If this were Africa the military would step in.

Maybe we are too fat, dumb, and happy to realize our stability is not a sure thing.

Unanimous vote for testimony and docs... neither of which I think will ever happen.

Unanimous vote for testimony and docs... neither of which I think will ever happen.
Not if the House flips this November.
Regardless if the House flips. Trump will file this in every court but Wapner's.
And Oleg will cheer every attempt to delay it...probably because "Hunter Biden's laptop" or because he thought the Jan 6th riot was a terrific idea that just didn't follow through enough.

Regardless if the House flips. Trump will file this in every court but Wapner's.
And Oleg will cheer every attempt to delay it...probably because "Hunter Biden's laptop" or because he thought the Jan 6th riot was a terrific idea that just didn't follow through enough.
What is the reason they waited so long? It’s like, they know they’re got nothing, so end with a cliffhanger.

So it's not about the truth?
When there is no cross examination; no difference of viewpoint of the members of this committee; the opposition party denied its choice of members: You think this is about truth? LOL.
You think this is a trial? LOL. Don't worry, hopefully you'll get your wish.

When there is no cross examination; no difference of viewpoint of the members of this committee; the opposition party denied its choice of members: You think this is about truth? LOL.
So what is the truth? That it was just a bunch of misguided tourists? Antifa plants? Aliens stormed the capitol and made it look like it was Trump supporters?

And how do you square the emails, text messages, testimony from people who were there, and even janky spreadsheets laying out the White House plan to throw the election to Trump?

I'd love to hear your hot take and back it up with proof.

You think this is a trial? LOL. Don't worry, hopefully you'll get your wish.
A kangaroo court, yes. It's just about politics.

So what is the truth? That it was just a bunch of misguided tourists? Antifa plants? Aliens stormed the capitol and made it look like it was Trump supporters?

And how do you square the emails, text messages, testimony from people who were there, and even janky spreadsheets laying out the plan to throw the election to Trump?

How can you see this is about truth when the opposition has been shut out? Without cross examination? These hearings are just carefully curated narratives. The purpose is to fillate the Dem base, but nothing more.

Of course, most people are simply not interested, what, with Biden inflation and crime.

And how do you square the emails, text messages, testimony from people who were there, and even janky spreadsheets laying out the plan to throw the election to Trump?

How can you see this is about truth when the opposition has been shut out? Without cross examination? These hearings are just carefully curated narratives. The purpose is to fillate the Dem base, but nothing more.

Of course, most people are simply not interested, what, with Biden inflation and crime.
So you've got nothing. Thanks for playing. Enjoy the show.

So you've got nothing. Thanks for playing. Enjoy the show.
Yes, this is all a show. At least you admit that.

Oleg, this is more than most criminals get. This is a trial not to convict, but to reference a probable crime for investigation.

Most people do not get an opportunity to prevent evidence from going to an investigation.

This does not bring charges. At best it can recommend charges, on the basis of the sworn evidence.

There will be a trial, evidence presented, testimony given on the stand.

The investigative committee has all this evidence and all the receipts. Of course, several of the jurors in a particular impeachment trial were biased too, and they had  every opportunity to participate in bullshit theatrics, and they did.

There will be a trial, of course and all the people that testified will have opportunities to testify again and the Trump lawyers will spin and attempt to smear (if anyone competent is willing to defend him at that point).

The fact is that there is a LOT of evidence, with a lot of receipts, enough physical evidence and recordings to run the trial without an ounce of human testimony, but there will piles of both and more at trials.

But yes, there is politics at play here. There is a point to make. That point is that there are, in fact, consequences for attempting to lead insurrections.

Back
Top Bottom