• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jeb: “I’ll tell you, taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal”

This answers the burning question of how Jeb(!) is going to deal with the toxic legacy of his brother's policies...

Rewrite history!

I'll have some jelly on my Jeb Bush toast

I’m proud of what he did to create a secure environment for our country.

Of course. GW created a secure environment.

Nothing but peace thanks to his great work.

Started an unnecessary war that gave us ISIS and let the banks loot and ruin the economy.

Mission accomplished.

It must be remembered that GW Bush and his henchmen couldn't have gotten it more wrong. They caused incredible damage, disrupted the lives of millions, terrorized millions. All based on lies.

They fucked up so incredibly bad, yet we have today somebody defending them.

There is no sanity in this world.

Started an unnecessary war that gave us ISIS and let the banks loot and ruin the economy.

Mission accomplished.

It must be remembered that GW Bush and his henchmen couldn't have gotten it more wrong. They caused incredible damage, disrupted the lives of millions, terrorized millions. All based on lies.

What are you talking about?

Everyone knows that Obama caused the economy to tank, and Obama caused ISIS. You really need to lay off the propaganda and stop drinking the kool-aid. Learn to think for yourself! [/conservolibertarian]

Mission accomplished.

And now they've fucked up incredibly bad in Afghanistan too. Do the yanks never learn?

We had Saddam pretty well bottled up before the war. The country was relatively stable. The Kurds were safe.

"A more stable middle East?" -- Gimme a break.

"I'm proud of what he did to create a secure environment for our country." -- He created a police-surveillance state and a militarized police force. He created the terrorist threat we so fear.

Mission accomplished.

And now they've fucked up incredibly bad in Afghanistan too. Do the yanks never learn?
LOL - we are still a couple hundred years behind the Brits.

The only alternative is for him to admit what a disastrous President his brother was.

Fair or not, he's being made to answer for Dubbya and honest answers re-illustrate how Bush/Cheney mishandled 9/11 and its aftermath. Jeb can't do that and the GOP can't have it. To say, "Yeah, it was a fucking disaster" ruins the narrative that it's all Obama and the Democratic party's fault that ISIS exists and that the region is a worse place than it's ever been.

Jeb doesn't appear to have what it takes to win the White House anyway, but making him answer for his brother's time in office sets him up to be a very minor footnote in this race.

Mission accomplished.

Not yet there is still Iran and If that is accomplished ISIS and or other groups will just pour in to Iran. Just think, Iran started to go wrong when the US helped remove a democratically elected government there and replace it with the Shah.

The middle East started to go wrong even before the 1916 Sykes-Picot agreement carved it up to distribute amongst the European powers after the Great War.
It's been a history of exploitation since then.

They always forget about the whole WMD thing, wonder why that is.

Seeing him give a speech at the start of the campaign for the first time, at a glance I thought he was the brains of the Bush clan, an improved model.

This has destroyed that little illusion.

Interesting. The press won't let up on Jeb with Iraq. If they continue that, I don't see how Jeb can become the nominee. The Iraq Occupation was one of America's biggest blunders in 50 years of foreign policy and it led to the deaths of over 100,000 Iraqis and death/maiming of 10,000 American soldiers. America spoke on Iraq in '06.
They always forget about the whole WMD thing, wonder why that is.

Might that be because there was never any evidence of WMD found? Which reminds me - RIP David Kelly. Tell sabre-rattling, hell-bent-on-war governments what they don't want to hear and you get bumped off.
Not quite true. The evidence was mostly a lack of evidence of disposal. The main trouble with the WMD threat was the WMDs were past their useful age. Even if they still existed, they weren't any useful.

Might be time to update this:

and put it on a T shirt!

Next year's the 13th Anniversary of the start of the Iraq War. Seems appropriate, dontcha think?

Back
Top Bottom