• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jigsaws and other construction puzzles.

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
I enjoy doing jigsaws. I don’t always take photos of the finished ones, but I enjoy them.

It gets me away from tv, electronics and social media.

I have developed a table - using word - that has a list of my puzzles, assigned a number, that I can add to in order of brand, series etc, so that I can use a random number generator to choose my next one - choosing is difficult!

The purpose of this thread is to post any great jigsaws or construction type puzzles you have done to boast, or share if you think they are worthwhile doing.

Enjoy!

Here is one I finished on Tuesday. I had to rush it because Tabitha had jumped up onto the wing of the board and sent pieces flying everywhere, so I had to finish it before the cleaner came in case I hadn't gotten them all off the floor.
19 March 2024.jpg

I have a stash of jigsaw puzzles I'm looking forward to doing, but also have 3 loved-but-obnoxious cats that would NOT be co-operative, and no room-with-a-door-AND-a-jigsaw-friendly-table. (I'm not giving up my craft room! Making quilts are my therapy for dealing with the world! :tongue::parrot:) So, I may have to wait a few years til I'm cat-less. (My current 3 are 11yo, 11yo, and 14.5yo; not 'spring chickens', but likely hanging around for a bit.)

If you don't mind posting your jigsaw puzzle projects here, I will certainly enjoy admiring your endeavors and cheering you on! :biggrina:

I have a stash of jigsaw puzzles I'm looking forward to doing, but also have 3 loved-but-obnoxious cats that would NOT be co-operative, and no room-with-a-door-AND-a-jigsaw-friendly-table. (I'm not giving up my craft room! Making quilts are my therapy for dealing with the world! :tongue::parrot:) So, I may have to wait a few years til I'm cat-less. (My current 3 are 11yo, 11yo, and 14.5yo; not 'spring chickens', but likely hanging around for a bit.)

If you don't mind posting your jigsaw puzzle projects here, I will certainly enjoy admiring your endeavors and cheering you on! :biggrina:
I have a cat also, and have a puzzle board that closes up.

View attachment IMG_6363.webp

it closed up to flat and there are two boards you can put pieces on while you are working on it. I gave an elcheapo one that feels like Velcro and a more expensive one that feels amazing!

And I don’t mine sharing my projects.

What type of puzzles do you like?

Yeah, I got a similar-in-principle setup for puzzlework, but it couldn't combat active attacks from multiple (feline) fronts. (Anything I'm focusing my attention on MUST be closely inspected! 4-12 feet galloping across the tabletop/puzzle surface just isn't conducive to puzzle progress. :( )

I have a couple puzzles of a similar genre pictured above (not the same ones, but similar type); several assorted 'fantasy'/mythological pics (Husband & I & Daughter are D&D players); some craft-related themes (I've quilted & cross-stitched for ~45 years, & counting); among others.

Yeah, I got a similar-in-principle setup for puzzlework, but it couldn't combat active attacks from multiple (feline) fronts. (Anything I'm focusing my attention on MUST be closely inspected! 4-12 feet galloping across the tabletop/puzzle surface just isn't conducive to puzzle progress. :( )

I have a couple puzzles of a similar genre pictured above (not the same ones, but similar type); several assorted 'fantasy'/mythological pics (Husband & I & Daughter are D&D players); some craft-related themes (I've quilted & cross-stitched for ~45 years, & counting); among others.
Tabitha has jumped up a loose side leaf once and tossed pieces on the floor. And she has sometimes walked over the board, but I pick her up and remind her NO!

She did pee on the table once (not well and catio was disgusting) and ruined my old board and puzzle, but it’s ok. @bilby let me buy a new one of each. :)

I understand that there are, indeed, puzzle-friendly pets; I've had some in the past and was able to do a fair amount of jigsaws. The current feline trio ISN'T. Just how it is. Fortunately for them, they're cute, and have other positive attributes. :biggrina:

I understand that there are, indeed, puzzle-friendly pets; I've had some in the past and was able to do a fair amount of jigsaws. The current feline trio ISN'T. Just how it is. Fortunately for them, they're cute, and have other positive attributes. :biggrina:
I am struggling with the one I am doing now. It’s in shades of brown mostly and it’s clocks. But it came as a set of four and I wanted two of the others. I could buy all four for about $2 more than buying just the 2 I wanted, so I went with getting all four. Bonus is, there is a cat in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom