• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

You do know he actually is a stutterer and has been since childhood, right?

It's nice not to have to actually think about how to get words out properly.

Speech impediments are not an indicator of intellectual inferiority?

With every post you seem to sink lower and lower.

I'm just wondering what you think about some of the more interesting statements Bush Jr. made. I remember being told how his own speech impediment was absolute proof of his intellectual capabilities.

But you can read it how you want it. You WANT me to be saying something, so of course I'm not saying what I'm saying, I'm saying what you say I'm saying. If you WANT to be like the religious zealot who sees the Devil as being behind everything, that's up to you. Have your Satanic Panic.

I'm just wondering what you think about some of the more interesting statements Bush Jr. made. I remember being told how his own speech impediment was absolute proof of his intellectual capabilities.

But you can read it how you want it. You WANT me to be saying something, so of course I'm not saying what I'm saying, I'm saying what you say I'm saying. If you WANT to be like the religious zealot who sees the Devil as being behind everything, that's up to you. Have your Satanic Panic.

I've never heard of George Bush having a speech impediment. Do you have some proof that is so and that it was used to question his intellect?

I've never heard of George Bush having a speech impediment. Do you have some proof that is so and that it was used to question his intellect?

Of course you haven't heard of it. And let me guess, you've never heard anyone question the intellect of Bush Jr.

Of course you haven't heard of it. And let me guess, you've never heard anyone question the intellect of Bush Jr.

Oh, I've heard of his intellect being questioned numerous times. I've never heard of him having a speech impediment.

Do you have a cite or don't you?

What scared me about Bush Jr. is when he didn't stumble over his words, showing which parts of his brain were the most correctly wired. Those were the times when he was talking about war, especially talking about how much destruction of the enemy he was looking forward to. If it involved killing foreigners, he was as eloquent as Clinton or Obama, but only on topics that involved death and destruction.

Since everyone was so convinced he was an idiot, they never did notice when he spoke clearly. When he spoke clearly, he was far worse than when he stumbled.

Oh, and cite since you have the memory span of a goldfish. I could find more, but you don't want them anyway since it is the wrong tribe.

What scared me about Bush Jr. is when he didn't stumble over his words, showing which parts of his brain were the most correctly wired. Those were the times when he was talking about war, especially talking about how much destruction of the enemy he was looking forward to. If it involved killing foreigners, he was as eloquent as Clinton or Obama, but only on topics that involved death and destruction.

Since everyone was so convinced he was an idiot, they never did notice when he spoke clearly. When he spoke clearly, he was far worse than when he stumbled.

Oh, and cite since you have the memory span of a goldfish.

:words:

Yes, I linked to an article. And that article was full of words. Some of them even had more than one syllable.

Should I find a similar article written by Dr. Seuss? Is that more your level?

Yes, yes. Let the butthurt flow through you.

Yes, I linked to an article. And that article was full of words. Some of them even had more than one syllable.

So do you think speech impediments are or are not an indicator of intellectual inferiority? Or is it "too low" when it is your tribe but perfectly normal when it is the other tribe?

So do you think speech impediments are or are not an indicator of intellectual inferiority? Or is it "too low" when it is your tribe but perfectly normal when it is the other tribe?

Begging the question now.

I've asked you to provide a cite that Bush has a speech impediment and it was used as criticism. You've yet to provide it but you sure flapped your gums a lot.

I've asked you to provide a cite that Bush has a speech impediment and it was used as criticism.

And I did. And you said it was just words.

So, now that I gave you the cite you asked for, you can answer the question I asked. You won't, but you should.

I remember that. I may try to google and find what I remember but for the moment just posting that I remember the Bush speech impediment thing. And I recall during his presidency, an article about the difference between when he was speaking about social good programs versus war and attack. It was eerily consistent. The ums, and uhs and the stumbles over words whenever he was talking about good things. And then the clarity and articulation when he talked about war. It was creepy as hell, I remember it very strongly.

I've asked you to provide a cite that Bush has a speech impediment and it was used as criticism.

So, now that I gave you the cite you asked for, you can answer the question I asked. You won't, but you should.

The original cite you posted had nothing to do with george bush. You were mocking me.

I read your new cite and I stand corrected.

Oh, and cite since you have the memory span of a goldfish. I could find more, but you don't want them anyway since it is the wrong tribe.

Your linked article is pure bullshit, it is just Hitchens theorizing that W had dyslexia.

Here is the truth, no W is not dyslexic:
Bush Denies Reports of Dyslexia

The original cite you posted had nothing to do with george bush. You were mocking me.

Why would you stand corrected after reading that bullshit cite? W does not have dyslexia, Jason is wrong again.

Why would you stand corrected after reading that bullshit cite? W does not have dyslexia, Jason is wrong again.

Jason said GWB was criticized for it. That's what he was correct about.

Jason said GWB was criticized for it. That's what he was correct about.

This is what Jason said:

He was incorrect, W does not have a speech impediment. What he linked was Hitchens theorizing that W's public speaking ability indicated that he was dyslexic, which is pretty much the opposite of what Jason claimed.

Jebus Christ! A Jason Harvestdancer derail has derailed itself! About ten more derails and we'll be back on topic, whatever it was.

I remember that. I may try to google and find what I remember but for the moment just posting that I remember the Bush speech impediment thing. And I recall during his presidency, an article about the difference between when he was speaking about social good programs versus war and attack. It was eerily consistent. The ums, and uhs and the stumbles over words whenever he was talking about good things. And then the clarity and articulation when he talked about war. It was creepy as hell, I remember it very strongly.

Exactly. But there is even more than that. I remember during the White House Press Corps dinner, he made joke about searching for the missing WMDs by looking under chairs. Even then he didn't stumble over his words. Which means he can joke about death and destruction as easily as he can promise death and destruction, but still stumbles when he speaks about something that might be considered good.

Back
Top Bottom