• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

In an Era where the rallying cries of the Democratic voter base are "defund the police" and "black lives matter", they pick the racist who wrote the 1994 Crime Bill and a prosecutor who kept people in prison she knew to be innocent so she could use the free labor.

As I minority I've seen people tell me "you should support person X because they are the same color as you." But plenty of people saw her treatment of minorities and realize that skin color be damned she must hate minorities.

Can you back that up? Because from what I've read the issue is about California having to release convicts due to over crowding, and whether she was behind the decision to hold onto some inmates that were needed who were qualified to fight forest fires. It was cheap labor, but it seems it was badly needed labor at the time. Not saying it was the right thing to do, but they were not "people in prison she knew to be innocent".

I mixed up two cases.

Her office (and she claims she had no idea this was happening, which questions her leadership ability) kept people incarcerated when they were presented evidence of innocence.

Her office also fought to keep people locked up who were eligible for early release so their labor could be used, most notably in the 2014 fires.

So I was wrong, I confused two different issues.

Of course all of these only happened under her watch. She was in charge, but that doesn't mean she knew anything about it. That's why she should be put in positions where she will be put in charge of other people.

I mixed up two cases.

Her office (and she claims she had no idea this was happening, which questions her leadership ability) kept people incarcerated when they were presented evidence of innocence.

Her office also fought to keep people locked up who were eligible for early release so their labor could be used, most notably in the 2014 fires.

So I was wrong, I confused two different issues.

Of course all of these only happened under her watch. She was in charge, but that doesn't mean she knew anything about it. That's why she should be put in positions where she will be put in charge of other people.

Unfortunately, is there a prosecutor out there who isn't guilty of this?

* Office working to keep the guilty in jail after vindicating evidence is presented
* Office trying to end early release so the state can benefit from slave labor
* Head of office knows nothing about this in spite of sitting in the courtroom during arguments

Which of those three are you saying all prosecutors are guilty of?

* Office working to keep the guilty in jail after vindicating evidence is presented
* Head of office knows nothing about this in spite of sitting in the courtroom during arguments

I was talking about the main one--ignoring vindicating evidence. Prosecutors want convictions more than they want justice. (One who seeks justice is probably going to be removed as soft on crime.)

• Evidence. What evidence? They wanted DNA tests performed hoping that would produce evidence. It was argued that the request would open up the process to, and establish a precedent for endless re-litigation of long settled cases and so cripple their ability to prosecute future crimes. It's a matter of the need to weigh priorities.
    Never mind. Apparently there was strong evidence for his innocence:

although they did argue:
    The attorney general’s office, in its court filing, cited Congress’ action in arguing that Larsen missed his chance to seek federal relief. Prosecutors strongly disagreed with the federal judges, saying Larsen’s case did not meet the standard of “actual innocence.”
    So who am I to say.
  • They weren't trying to end early release. It was required by a court order. Once again, it was a matter of the need to have some rationale in choosing priorities on who was to be included in the quota of those to be released.
  • It's just possible Harris was aware but preoccupied with more important concerns.

Give it up, 'bear. The alt-white will claim Kami as an incompetent yet overzealous far right of Trump law and order fascist, even as their orange avatar claims she is a left wing extremist antifa supporter - regardless of what facts do or don't support.

The self evident contradiction in these right wing claims lays bare the vacuous nature of their attacks on Harris, but "I'm not a trumpsucker"s will never acknowledge that, and certainly the actual trumpsuckers will never realize it.

Who is the white person you are referring to Elixir? Are you revoking my race again?

I already know that if you are black and don't support Biden you have to turn in your melanin. Is it also true for Hispanics?

Oh crap, I'm not allowed to enjoy enchiladas anymore! But I love enchiladas! If I eat an enchilada now I'm culturally appropriating my own culture! How horrible!

Reactions: WAB
Who is the white person you are referring to Elixir?

Alt.

Are you revoking my race again?

Awww, did I wevoke yo wace, Jason? I sowwy!
What wace was zat? I'l westow it fo you.

I already know that if you are black and don't support Biden you have to turn in your melanin. Is it also true for Hispanics?

Oh hell no! We already know of the four Hispanics that Trumps displays as his own, along with his negro.

Oh crap, I'm not allowed to enjoy enchiladas anymore!

Oh, you can eat 'em, you just can't enjoy 'em. But that's your own fault. Try more hot sauce.

Alt.

Oh hell no! We already know of the four Hispanics that Trumps displays as his own, along with his negro.

Oh, you can eat 'em, you just can't enjoy 'em. But that's your own fault. Try more hot sauce.

"his negro"???

Alt.

"his negro"???

Alt.

"his negro"???

Yeah, he says "my African American" - that's retarded and fucked up. But if I were that guy I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care for being referred to as "his (Trump's) negro", even if that were said or written in satirical reference to the president's gaffe.

Ticket balancing is a common practice for selecting Vice Presidents. It is usually regional ticket balancing, but this time around, it's race and gender ticket balancing, though KH being a Californian instead of a Northeasterner like JB makes it regional ticket balancing also.

Ticket balancing is a common practice for selecting Vice Presidents. It is usually regional ticket balancing, but this time around, it's race and gender ticket balancing, though KH being a Californian instead of a Northeasterner like JB makes it regional ticket balancing also.

I think it's more about her clear, eloquent, forceful speech balancing out sleepy Joe's mumbling and stuttering.
Joe's mind seems to me to be intact, it's just that it's only tenuously connected to his mouth.

... if I were that guy I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care for being referred to as "his (Trump's) negro"...

I wouldn't want to be referred to as "his" _____ (fill in any description of ethnicity, insulting or not).
That's kinda my point.

... if I were that guy I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care for being referred to as "his (Trump's) negro"...

I wouldn't want to be referred to as "his" _____ (fill in any description of ethnicity, insulting or not).
That's kinda my point.

Come on. Trump *may* have said 'my African American' but we all know he meant 'my negro.' Because he was speaking in public. In private, it would have been a different n word altogether, as we all know.

Race aside---and believe me, I know that it is impossible to set aside--that's a primary issue with Trump: He thinks that people belong to him. He thinks they owe him their personal loyalty, not loyalty to the nation, to the US Constitution, not to the duties of their office, not to their family, their god. He cares for others only insomuch as they are loyal and useful to him.

Ah, you said "alt-white", not "white". Is there also an alt-black, and alt-red, and alt-yellow, and an alt-brown? Actually there'd need to be several alt-browns because at least three different groups are called brown.

Well that's probably the most racist thing I've read this month.

I think it's more about her clear, eloquent, forceful speech balancing out sleepy Joe's mumbling and stuttering.
Joe's mind seems to me to be intact, it's just that it's only tenuously connected to his mouth.

You do know he actually is a stutterer and has been since childhood, right?

It's nice not to have to actually think about how to get words out properly.

You do know he actually is a stutterer and has been since childhood, right?

It's nice not to have to actually think about how to get words out properly.

Speech impediments are not an indicator of intellectual inferiority?

Back
Top Bottom