• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden's Eulogy for John McCain

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Just don't knock on my door on a Saturday Morning
I'm off work this week, and caught the entire McCain service since it was pretty much the only thing on our local TV channels this morning. There was a moment where I thought that maybe Joe was going a little long, but then I remembered that McCain himself had probably planned much of this, and having Biden deliver the "keynote" eulogy was - as with much of the Senator's life - entirely on purpose.

And if there was any doubt that they were really friends, I think this puts those doubts (and the man himself) to rest:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SewrbwbEvhY[/YOUTUBE]

I'm off work this week, and caught the entire McCain service since it was pretty much the only thing on our local TV channels this morning. There was a moment where I thought that maybe Joe was going a little long, but then I remembered that McCain himself had probably planned much of this, and having Biden deliver the "keynote" eulogy was - as with much of the Senator's life - entirely on purpose.

And if there was any doubt that they were really friends, I think this puts those doubts (and the man himself) to rest:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SewrbwbEvhY[/YOUTUBE]

I saw some of it during my lunch hour,
Also tuned to FOX News, where I was a little surprised that they were airing it. Knowing that their Servant in the WH would almost certainly be watching, I was delighted when Joe started ripping every trumpish attribute - dishonesty, racism, abuse of power etc., knowing that FFvC must be fuming.
Joe done good. Much applause, too - rare at a funeral.

I am not and never was a big fan of John McCain. He did a lot of heinous things in his role as a legislator, along with a few good things. The best I can say for him, is that he truly was war hero (even though the war itself was unjust), and refused to be released as a POW if his brothers in arms would not also be. Few would do that.

What Biden did here as a great service and a great push towards the comraderie that maybe they did have, and that they should have. Its a nice push away from polarization and towards rational debate and discussion.

]knowing that FFvC must be fuming.
What is FFvC?

According to google "First Flight Venture Center". Makes no sense at all to me.

I am not and never was a big fan of John McCain. He did a lot of heinous things in his role as a legislator, along with a few good things. The best I can say for him, is that he truly was war hero (even though the war itself was unjust), and refused to be released as a POW if his brothers in arms would not also be. Few would do that.

What Biden did here as a great service and a great push towards the comraderie that maybe they did have, and that they should have. Its a nice push away from polarization and towards rational debate and discussion.
+1 Agree.

I view him exactly like George Bush. Probably a very nice person and in many ways honorable. But both men being a horrible mistake for this country in general.

Agreed. He also had a great sense of humor. I've always thought that politicians would go farther if they weren't so scared of showing their funny side. Bob Dole, McCain, and HRC will very funny people behind the scenes. But they were scared to show it in public.

Back
Top Bottom