• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jussie Smollett - Girls Volleyball Edition?

There is no analogous connection with this and Smollet. Seems like a desperate attempt to, at best, make molehills into mountains, and at worst, take events well out of context or even completely unfactual.
But there is. The appetite for racism stories is insatiable; no matter how implausible or stupid.

There is no analogous connection with this and Smollet. Seems like a desperate attempt to, at best, make molehills into mountains, and at worst, take events well out of context or even completely unfactual.
But there is. The appetite for racism stories is insatiable; no matter how implausible or stupid.
Both the OP and your responses rebut your very claim.

I haven't been to a wedding in a while, years it seems. I remember at the receptions, sitting next to my wife with 6 other people around a table. My wife would engage in conversation with a lady sitting next to her but in doing so, she'd turn toward her, away from me. I could then only hear a sparse word and it was annoying. Note my wife was sitting right next to me but I could not make out a full sentence on more than one occasion and she wasn't deliberately trying to be private. Her voice volume was normal.

I bring this up to illustrate points about sound. Wedding receptions (or sports games) are loud at times, like while the music is going, while the away team is shooting free throws in a basketball game or while the away team is serving in a volleyball team. It would be difficult to hear an individual unless they were somewhat close and facing you. As everyone is facing the sports teams, the teams are not obstructed in hearing by direction. However, audience members behind someone screaming will have less capacity to hear and more opportunity for sound interference to play a role.
This. Understanding someone that is facing away from you in an even moderately noisy environment is difficult at best.

This is a symptom of a problem. A problem that started in this country a long time ago and still has yet to be resolved. The reason this problem seems to be insurmountable is not only that not enough people want to recognize the cause of the problem so that we can be better equipped to attack it but not enough people care to get involved in addressing the problem beyond political quips, feel-good tweets, statistics & filling prisons. Black people are killing each other at a very high rate. Do you think I as a black man I'm ok with that? Think I enjoy the high probability of being killed by someone who on the surface looks like me? Nope. There are many misguided, angry young black youth out there seeking to get a piece of the American dream that has only recently become accessible to a minority of us. The street culture (although many black & white people disagree with that label) is very dominant in poverty-stricken black communities. Some black people see drug money not only as easy money but as the only way out of poverty. Things are slowly changing in America for the better in its treatment of black people, this I'm very proud of as it took the hard work of many good people up to today to get here. The issue is street culture is a snowball that has turned into a full-blown avalanche since our emancipation. It's handed down from generation to generation. It started as a young populace that didn't want to make the same mistakes their elders did in trying to play nice in a system designed to fuck us. Now It has evolved into the meaningless violence we're experiencing today now that it drifted so far away from that.

All the wolf crying is a result of the real cries for help that have gone ignored for a long as fucking time. Now only the wolf criers are getting attention because (IMO) people are looking for another scapegoat to ignore the real problem.

Last edited:
That this is a national news story at all proves my point.

That this is a national news story at all proves my point.
Not in my part of the nation, nor my brother's (a different part).

Back
Top Bottom