• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kalam from the perspective of physics

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
There are a bazillion refutations of the Kalam Cosmological argument out there. What I find so fascinating about it is that it is so wrong in so many ways despite being fairly simple. The number of problems with it is incredible, which is why I suspect so many people like refuting it.

Anyway, this refutation focuses on what the argument gets wrong about physics.

Physics is the whole reason the Kalam argument is back in vogue. William Lane Craig tries to use physics to add legitimacy to the Kalam argument, so the fact that he got so much wrong about the physics makes this a bit funnier.

PS -- My apologies if this is the wrong forum. I posted it here because the video is fairly physics-centric.

Yeah! A slow talking person, who is rehashing a bunch of ideas, with no transcript. Thanks.

To clarify, my comment was not against the speaker, but against not having a transcript of what he says. I'd want a transcript of Big Daddy Kane's Nuff Respect if it was 17 minutes long too, wow... even that sounds slower now.

Back
Top Bottom