• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kamala comes out in favor of recreational marijuana legalization

They are eating the pets v. Long overdue legalization of marijuana pandering.

Gee, let me think for a moment which is less ridiculous.
Good point, Jimmy. Next time I think about posting something, I'll be sure to ask myself whether its less ridiculous than eating pets. If so, I'll just move on. I guess I didn't get the memo about eating pets being the gold standard.

More last minute pandering to Black men to get their vote. She seems to be getting desperate.
LOL - like all politics isn't pandering to some group.
Yes, they all do it, and its annoying and patronizing. Trump with his pandering to women, most recently. "I'll be your protector.".
If you find politics annoying and patronizing, why pay attention to that part. "Pandering" is the part of politics. Complaining about "pandering" is really just a form of special pleading in my view because when politicians make promises one favors, there is no complaining about "pandering".

Yes, it will hurt the weed growers and some other such groups.
As long as there are States that fail to legalize it, weed growers will be fine.
I was talking to a local pot shop owner, and I remarked that he should never be able to sell a bud, noting that if even one or two percent of Coloradans grew the limit (6plants) we would be up to our knees in buds. He shrugged and told me 90- something percent of his customers were out of State “weed tourists”.

Good point, Jimmy. Next time I think about posting something, I'll be sure to ask myself whether it’s less ridiculous than eating pets. If so, I'll just move on. I guess I didn't get the memo about eating pets being the gold standard.
That’s forgivable - it is a new standard after all. I wish the manchild would quit lowering the bar.

More last minute pandering to Black men to get their vote. She seems to be getting desperate.
LOL - like all politics isn't pandering to some group.
Yes, they all do it, and its annoying and patronizing. Trump with his pandering to women, most recently. "I'll be your protector.".
If you find politics annoying and patronizing, why pay attention to that part. "Pandering" is the part of politics. Complaining about "pandering" is really just a form of special pleading in my view because when politicians make promises one favors, there is no complaining about "pandering".
I expect pandering in a political campaign. Its part of the process, I agree, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. What's bothersome to me in this particular case, is how she apparently did not understand how badly failing she was with black men until just a matter of days ago, while the decline has been happening for several years now. Have you seen the numbers showing the decline in support since Obama was running the first time? Its huge. Now she is pulling out all the stops with less than a month to go, by bringing up all these policy proposals targeted toward black men. She even brought in Obama just last week to shame "the brothers" into supporting KH. To me, it says something about her lack of foresight and strategy that she is just now is paying attention to it, when its probably too late to make a difference.

She apparently did not understand how badly failing she was with black men
Failing? No. I think she was surprised to discover there was still some upside for her there.
This doesn’t look like “failing” by any stretch.

1729088539427.png

Good point, Jimmy. Next time I think about posting something, I'll be sure to ask myself whether its less ridiculous than eating pets. If so, I'll just move on. I guess I didn't get the memo about eating pets being the gold standard.
Consider yourself informed.

VP Harris pandering to youth vote with legalization of marijuana verses Donald Trump pandering to the lowest knuckle dragging Americans who hate the dirty, filthy immigrants. It isn't much more than a couple stone throws to get to Wallace at this point.

Failing? No. I think she was surprised to discover there was still some upside for her there.

View attachment 48152
Well, first of all we were talking black men, not black men AND women, which is what your infograph shows. Failing was probably not the best word choice, though. Yes, the majority of black men are still favoring the Democrat ticket, but those percentages have been heading down rather drastically over the last 10+ years. In a close race like this one seems to be, such a loss in voter support can be the difference between winning and losing.

This is a good read here, to see what's happening:

Harris addresses lower support from young Black men

Last edited:

VP Harris pandering to youth vote with legalization of marijuana verses Donald Trump pandering to the lowest knuckle dragging Americans who hate the dirty, filthy immigrants. It isn't much more than a couple stone throws to get to Wallace at this point.
You mean George Wallace, the Democrat or are you thinking of some other Wallace? Your point would be better made if you cited a similar Republican racist instead.

You mean George Wallace, the Democrat or are you thinking of some other Wallace? Your point would be better made if you cited a similar Republican racist instead.
Looks like red herring is on the lunch menu today.

The difference here kinda explains why I've become a straight ticket Democrat voter, despite not being fond of a ton of their policies.

Harris is pandering to people who believe in personal freedom and rights. Trump is pandering to low information xenophobes.

Tom

View attachment 48152
Well, first of all we were talking black men, not black men AND women, which is what your infograph shows.
Stats for black men are shown separately and included.
Failing was probably not the best word choice, though. Yes, the majority of black men are still favoring the Democrat ticket, but those percentages have been heading down rather drastically over the last 10+ years. In a close race like this one seems to be, such a loss in voter support can be the difference between winning and losing.
Yes.
So why any surprise at outreach to that demographic (“pandering”)?

Should public employees and officials be allowed to make political statements? They're supposed to be serving the public, the entire public. I'd even go so far as to say they shouldn't even be eligible to vote while in office or as an employee serving the public. Things would be a lot more peaceful and agreeable.

Should public employees and officials be allowed to make political statements? They're supposed to be serving the public, the entire public. I'd even go so far as to say they shouldn't even be eligible to vote while in office or as an employee serving the public. Things would be a lot more peaceful and agreeable.
That would certainly make political races with incumbents pretty interesting. But I don't think violating their fundamental right to vote or their 1st amendment rights is a good idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom