• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kashmir elections after 10 years

News as well. Please remember that the State of Jammu & Kashmir is not just the valley (blue in the map), there is Jammu which has a Hindu majority.

BTW, Kashmir could very well have been in Pakistan, but Sheikh Abdullah was another Jinnah. He wanted to Kashmir to be independent and ruled by him.
He did not want Kashmir to merge with Pakistan. That is why Pakistan attacked Kashmir
. :D

un2gs5to_jammu-and-kashmir-_625x300_23_May_19.jpg

Last edited:
You do realize nothing you wrote addresses my point about how the residents of Kashmir feel about their treatment or how the rest of the world views it.
Forget about the world. The world has its own interests and biases. The large percentage of people voting means the people accept it. Who would like to go to Pakistan now when 1 Indian rupee is equal to 3.33 Pakistani rupees? At one time, Pakistani rupee was stronger than Indian rupee.
Pakistan has never treated Kashmiris fairly. That is why a large number of Pakistani Kashmiris (from Mirpur) migrated to UK.
Who cares about petty bickering between Pakistan and India. They can wave their phallic nuclear missiles at each other.

The ritual closing of a gate between India and Pakistan. Comical and entertaining.

Short version

Long version with commercials

Says it al about Indian and Pakistani craziness.

The ritual closing of a gate between India and Pakistan. Comical and entertaining.
Says it al about Indian and Pakistani craziness.
Yeah sure, comical (and harmful for the participating soldiers, Indian as well as Pakistani, with all that feet stamping). We can do without that.
But as you said, entertaining for both sides, that is why there are crowds at it. That is why it has not been stopped.
Indian crowd at Wagah as seen from the Pakistani side (shadow boxing, a daily routine):
International_border_at_Wagah_-_evening_flag_lowering_ceremony.jpg

The Pakistani rowd:
skol5.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently no country in that region has treated the Kashmiris fairly.
If world opinion doesn’t matter, one wonders what the point of the OP is.
We have.
The point of the OP is to present the fact that the current elections in Kashmir are free and fair.
The main reason that I have not started a thread to tell the world that I didn't rob a bank, is that I did not, in fact, rob any banks.

As Shakespear might say "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

We are satisfied with what we are doing. People are voting in large numbers, that shows their confidence in Indian democracy and the current election. Whomever they are voting for, that is OK. It is their right. No party has boycotted the elections. (Images from Duckduckgo and Google during the past week)
Kashmir has changed after the removal of ARTICLE 370.

iu
jammu-kashmir-jk-assembly-elections-2024-first-time-voter-youth-education-jobs-featured-image.jpg
Assembly-Election-2024-Complete-schedule-of-Jammu-and-Kashmir-elections-seats-phases-voters-and-complete-details-only-here.jpg
iu

Last edited:
I did not need to look it up, I just assumed the OP was mostly propaganda, like Russia claiming Ukraine occupied territory voted to be Russian in free and fair elections.

India is expected to register as many as 2.5 million new voters in the contested Jammu and Kashmir region, a top official said late on Wednesday, in a move local political parties said was an attempt to influence upcoming elections.

The Muslim-majority region is claimed in full but ruled in part by nuclear arch-rivals India and Pakistan, who have fought two wars over control of the territory.

India stripped semi-autonomy from its portion of the region in 2019, changing the Indian constitution to allow non-Kashmiris to vote and own land there.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Electoral Officer Hirdesh Kumar told reporters on Wednesday that more than 2 million new voters are expected to be enrolled in the region ahead of local polls due in November. The new registrants could increase the voter count by more than a third, adding to the existing 7.6 million voters in the region.

“We are expecting an addition of (2 to 2.5 million) new voters in the final list,” Kumar said, including non-Kashmiris living in the region.

Kashmiris fear the rule changes will allow the Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to alter the demographics of the region, quelling a decades-long independence movement.

The BJP says its policies in the region are for the benefit of ordinary Kashmiris.

There has been sharp criticism from the main political parties in Kashmir over the move.

Former chief minister and J&K Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti said it is aimed at influencing the election results.

“Allowing non-locals to vote is obviously to influence election results. Real aim is to continue ruling J&K with an iron fist to disempower locals,” she said in a tweet.

A second former chief minister, Omar Abdullah from the rival Jammu & Kashmir National Conference, was also critical of the decision.

“Is the BJP so insecure about support from genuine voters of J&K that it needs to import temporary voters to win seats?” he tweeted.

Now I see why Aup is not critical of Putin in Ukraine. Kashmir is India's Ukraine. And why the Indfian President hugged Putin.

Modi hugged President Biden today at 10.30 in the night today. Biden said "This person is my friend and of USA". Modi is friends to everyone.

New voters. The blame is squarely on Muslims. Why do they have so many wives and so many children? If they continue to produce children, then surely, when these children come to age, they will vote.
Non-local vote if they have lived continuously in Kashmir for five years. Why should not they vote where they live? They also are citizens of India as Mehbooba Mufti is. I am a Kashmiri, I have lived in Delhi for past 53 years. Why my voting here is wrong? Where should I vote - back to Kashmir?
Silly arguments.
(BTW, I can ask for a state citizenship. We have our ancestral house in Srinagar)

Last edited:
Now Aup shows his stripes, it is all the fault of those Muslims.

When the Brits pulled out of India Muslims and Hindus slaughtered each other. Gandhi was assassinated by a Hindu nationalist.

Bi9den hugs and praises everyone, except Putin.

His assassin was Nathuram Godse, from Pune, Maharashtra, a Hindutva activist, a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a right-wing Hindu paramilitary organization as well as a member of the Hindu Mahasabha.

Assassinated in part for trying to bridge Hindus and Muslims.

I read Gandhi's biography.

Kashmir is the same old religious identity conflict.

All things considered with Ukraine ad Gaza who cares abo0ut petty disputes over an inconsequential area between Pakistan and India.
I think it is mostly about securing the sweater supply chain.

cashmere.gif

Seriously though, India is #2 by population and #5 by GDP. Conflicts there do matter.

Since creation of Pakistan and the war Pakistan and India have been shooting at each other, I doubt tehy will go to war.

The conflict in Kashmir in relatively remote area is inconsequential. The Chinese annexation of Tibet while widely known is relatively inconsequential.

The Gaza war can if it gets out of control can affect oil supply.

Ukraine war affected the global grain supply.

Kashmir is a petty religious nationalist ethnic dispute.

Modi hugged President Biden today at 10.30 in the night today. Biden said "This person is my friend and of USA". Modi is friends to everyone.

New voters. The blame is squarely on Muslims. Why do they have so many wives and so many children? If they continue to produce children, then surely, when these children come to age, they will vote.
These messages brought to you by the BJP.

These messages brought to you by the BJP.
You are disregarding my presence. BJP has not asked me to make this post. I am a supporter and not a member of the party.
Are Kamala or Donald, whomever you want to vote for (if you are an American citizen), paying you?
(Yes, you are in Minnesota and perhaps an American citizen, not an illegal immigrant)
Should we not hold any views?

"His assassin was Nathuram Godse, from Pune, Maharashtra, a Hindutva activist, a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a right-wing Hindu paramilitary organization as well as a member of the Hindu Mahasabha."
Whoever wrote this, erred. He was not a member of RSS, he had left RSS and joined Hindu Mahasabha.
Nehru used this strategy to ban RSS. Nehru was anti-Hindu.

Well, this in part was fun. It is not that Hindus lag far behind Muslims in producing children.
Actually, we should now produce more children to avoid aging of the population like in many other countries. We are getting older.

29365.jpeg
Click to enlarge the image. https://www.statista.com/chart/29365/birth-rates-india/

iu
Aging in India. https://scroll.in/article/807043/fi...rowing-as-is-their-dependence-on-young-people

"His assassin was Nathuram Godse, from Pune, Maharashtra, a Hindutva activist, a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a right-wing Hindu paramilitary organization as well as a member of the Hindu Mahasabha."
Whoever wrote this, erred. He was not a member of RSS, he had left RSS and joined Hindu Mahasabha.
Nehru used this strategy to ban RSS. Nehru was anti-Hindu.
The point is he was assassinated in part for trying to reconcile Muslim and Hindu.

Kashmir is a low level continuation of the hatred.

Persians(Iran) vs Arabs
Arabs vs Israelis
Muslims vs Hindus

The same old kind of senseless conflicts that go back thousands of years.

Well, this in part was fun. It is not that Hindus lag far behind Muslims in producing children.
Actually, we should now produce more children to avoid aging of the population like in many other countries. We are getting older.

29365.jpeg
Click to enlarge the image. https://www.statista.com/chart/29365/birth-rates-india/

iu
Aging in India. https://scroll.in/article/807043/fi...rowing-as-is-their-dependence-on-young-people
Oh no!!! We can't let those Muslims breed can we.

WHAT IS THE CITIZENSHIP LAW?

The Citizenship Amendment Act provides a fast track to naturalization for Hindus, Parsis, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Christians who fled to Hindu-majority India from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan before Dec. 31, 2014. The law excludes Muslims, who are a majority in all three nations.

India is called the world's biggest democracy, but it is not a liberal democracy.

I suppose India has its conservative Hindu Islamophobia lke our conserve Christian bigots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom