• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Katie Porter - What Is Causing Inflation?

Elizabeth Warner endorses Katie Porter for U.S. Senate.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) endorsed Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) on Thursday, two days after Porter launched her 2024 Senate campaign in California.

“I’m really excited to endorse Katie Porter to be the next Senator from California,” Warren said in a video posted to Twitter.

"Vote me for the U.S. Congress! Vote GOP, I promise to slash Social Security, Slash Medicare! Medicaid! To ban abortion and contraception!"

Yeah, like this is going to work in sunny California.

One wonders who the GOP will nominate to run against Porter.
Does it matter? It's almost certainly going to be two Dems who emerge from the jungle primary. People's Republic of California is increasingly becoming a one-party state.
Ooh. Scary...
Indeed.
Then again, maybe keeping Republicans out of power is why CA has the biggest and most robust economy of any state in the union.

Does it matter? It's almost certainly going to be two Dems who emerge from the jungle primary. People's Republic of California is increasingly becoming a one-party state.
“People’s Republic of California”? :rofl:

What lazy label do you throw on other (already) one-party states, then? The “Wyoming Fascist Frontier”? “The Fascist Kingdom of Arkansas”?

What lazy label do you throw on other (already) one-party states, then? The “Wyoming Fascist Frontier”? “The Fascist Kingdom of Arkansas”?
Authoritarian Alabama, Totalitarian Texas, the Monarchy of Mississippi, Autocracy of Arkansas... and for Derec, the Garrison State of Georgia.

One wonders who the GOP will nominate to run against Porter.

Depends on who runs in the primary. The Dems could split their vote enough to get a Republican through.

Or how that writer claims that migration patterns prove,

The public is overwhelmingly rejecting the far left ideology and endless mandates of California.

Another link to a stupid take provided by "Oleg."

The public is overwhelmingly rejecting the far left ideology and endless mandates of California.

Advance rationalization:
If the will of the people* cannot be imposed electorally, the Constitution requires violent armed overthrow of the flawed democratic process that thwarted The Will of The People! And if we get caught (again), we won't give up - we won't even care - because we can hire more lawyers than the US Government can, and eventually we'll get the military on our side!

* the far right

/fair warning

Authoritarian Alabama, Totalitarian Texas, the Monarchy of Mississippi, Autocracy of Arkansas... and for Derec, the Garrison State of Georgia.
And fucked up Floriduh.

Katie Porter launches Senate campaign for Feinstein’s seat - POLITICO - Jan 10 - "Porter has now gotten her campaign launch out ahead of other Democrats who are likely to vie for the seat should it open, including California Democratic Reps. Barbara Lee and Adam Schiff."
Katie Porter on Twitter: "California needs ..." / Twitter
California needs a warrior in the Senate—to stand up to special interests, fight the dangerous imbalance in our economy, and hold so-called leaders like Mitch McConnell accountable for rigging our democracy.

Today, I'm proud to announce my candidacy for the U.S. Senate in 2024.

I work for California—not a political party, and certainly not corporate donors. I refuse money from corporate PACs, federal lobbyists, and executives from Big Oil, Big Pharma, and Wall Street banks. Our campaign is fueled by grassroots support. Join us ⤵️

A day later, Barbara Lee tells lawmakers she's running for Senate - POLITICO - Jan 11 - "Lee told Democrats the day after Rep. Katie Porter officially announced a bid for the seat, though Sen. Dianne Feinstein remains noncommittal on her future plans."

The day after that, Ro Khanna says he’s looking at the Senate. His allies are talking about the White House. - POLITICO - Jan 12 - "The California Democrat has been paying consultants and firms with ties to New Hampshire, Nevada and Iowa. "
Khanna, for his part, denied in an interview that he would go for the White House should Biden ultimately forgo a reelection bid, saying “I’ll rule that out definitively.” He has also said he would support Biden if he were to run. More immediately, he has begun talking openly about a possible run for the Senate as his next step, as other California Democrats formally and informally announce their own bids.

“There are a lot of Bernie [Sanders] supporters and progressives who have reached out to me to encourage me to look at the race and what I’ve told them is I will do so over the next few months,” Khanna told POLITICO of a Senate bid.

But despite his protestations otherwise, some consultants whose firms have worked with the congressman in early primary states say they have a different impression about the extent of his political ambitions.

“I would just have to assume that while Ro has been incredibly interested in the great state of Iowa for a number of reasons, that perhaps it had to do with laying the groundwork for any potential future national bids,” said Stacey Walker, the former Iowa campaign co-chair for Sanders and founder of the Iowa-based firm Sage Strategies, which Khanna paid $8,000 last year. “If President Biden didn’t seek reelection, his name would have to be on the list of top contenders. That’s Stacey Walker speaking.”
I agree. RK's home turf is very unlike Iowa and New Hampshire.

Progressives battle for Feinstein’s Senate seat | The Hill - Jan 15
“Lee vs. Porter is really tough,” said Max Berger, a progressive strategist and former campaign staffer for both Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Cori Bush (D-Mo.). “I don’t think progressives can win if both stay in.”

The elephant in the room is the simple fact that Feinstein, who turns 90 in June, has not yet said she plans to retire, and Democrats aren’t sure when to expect a decision.
Seems like a rerun of NY-10, where a corporate Democrat won because progressives split their votes.

Scramble begins for Feinstein's U.S. Senate seat - CalMatters - Jan 16 - "Dianne Feinstein, who has been a U.S. senator from California for three decades, hasn’t yet said whether she’ll seek another term in 2024, but would-be successors are already standing in line."

After mentioning her announcement of candidacy,
Almost instantaneously, Porter raised more than a million dollars for her Senate run and she’ll need that and much more to mount a serious Senate campaign in a state notorious for its high-dollar campaigns – especially if, as expected, she faces competition from other high-profile members of California’s congressional delegation.

Late in the week, it was reported that Barbara Lee, a veteran congresswoman from Oakland who has long been a progressive stalwart, has informed her supporters that she’ll make a Senate run. Adam Schiff, a congressman from Los Angeles County who gained a national profile as a much-televised critic of former President Donald Trump, has also indicated he would run if Feinstein retires. Silicon Valley Congressman Ro Khanna says he’s also weighing a run.

Back
Top Bottom