• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kenneth Copeland Prays over Ebola

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I've always thought that Copeland has a demonic demeanor. If you don't watch the video it's basically that the Bible predicted Ebola is a result of our wickedness. Then he prays to make it go away. Kinda smart considering it will go away.

Isn't it a delight that in A.D. 2014 you can still be a Big Voice in your church by proclaiming that disease is a punishment on mankind? This gives him kinship with all the tribal shamen and witch doctors that ever lived. You go, Kenneth. You'd be a success in B.C. Palestine, 12th Century Mexico, and Middle Ages Europe.
And, yes, he does have that demonic aspect, just plain weird. A penetrating glance in his eyes. Beyond all the crude doctrine he upholds, how does he not give the followers the Willies, just by looking at him? If this guy offered you a drink in a bar, wouldn't you have 3 or 4 escape routes jumping instantly into your head? 'Sorry, mister, my uncle's dying. My aunt too. Gotta go.'

Yup. This is why god targets the missionaries and volunteers.

Also, how is prayer supposed to work? I thought he was punishing mankind for wickedness.

Of course your average Christian is going to attribute ebola to god's punishment. After all, it's mostly hurting people in Africa, isn't it?

It amazes me that god always turns out to like the same things and hate the same peoples as the believers. Don't they ever notice that, or what that implies?

Of course your average Christian is going to attribute ebola to god's punishment. After all, it's mostly hurting people in Africa, isn't it?

It amazes me that god always turns out to like the same things and hate the same peoples as the believers. Don't they ever notice that, or what that implies?

Of course they notice; and unlike the foolish atheists, they can see that it implies that they are His chosen ones. How else could they have been born with an innate understanding of His will? Der.

Parying? Sure, that'll sort it out. Always does, doesn't it? Doesn't it?

Parying? Did you mean parrying? You should parry cuts and thrusts, but you should also riposte. Did you mean paying? That works fine for Kenneth Copeland. Not sure how that works for the sufferer.

Eldarion Lathria

Of course they notice; and unlike the foolish atheists, they can see that it implies that they are His chosen ones. How else could they have been born with an innate understanding of His will? Der.

And we atheists are arrogant enough to suggest that they might be wrong about that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom