• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kitchen Gadgets

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
What gadgets do you have in the kitchen drawer?

How many gadgets have you bought after seeing TV ads?

For me my one gadget oter then a bender is a simple manual can opener. I finally got one that did not fall apart after a few months. I hope I am not jinxing it.

World’s greatest waffle iron. Just a big hunk of metal - actually two of them with a hinge.
Perfect waffles every time.

I'd like to get an air fryer. People we know that have them love them.

A customer of mine gave me a cherry pitter as a thank you gift, after having been served pitted cherries by her on a recent job. Its great. You put up to six cherries in the tray, push down on the lever and instant cherries without pitts. Although once in a while, one cherry manages to not behave, so you have to be a little careful.

I'd like to get an air fryer. People we know that have them love them.
My husband is our cook and he purchased an air fryer several months ago. He makes the most delicious coconut shrimp, fried shrimp and fried chicken tenders in it. He also makes some pretty good sweet potato fries, although I will admit they aren't as crispy as sweet potato fries that fried with oil. I'll take them since they are healthier and still pretty tasty. So, yeah. I vote for the air fryer.

We have so many kitchen gadgets since Mr. Sohy became the cook. My favorite thing is the food processor that he rarely uses but I loved it when I was the cook. It was just so much easier to use compared to cutting, chopping etc. by hand. Since my husband took over the cooking about 6 years ago, I don't even know what some of his favorite gadgets do. He has a thing that he used to make what looks like pasta out of zucchini and yellow squash. He also loves his Insta pot, but I'm not fond of most things cooked in it, so it's mostly used to make ribs.

Found a great deal on a slightly used one of these on eBay for forty bucks.

Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 8.59.11 AM.png

The Breville I posted above got great reviews on everything except air frying. Tom's Hardware rated the Cosori as a top rating for air fryers.

The air fryer that we have is Instant vortex plus. All I know is that is makes tasty shrimp and chicken. They are as crispy as real fried foods but without the oils.

I've used the Cosori several times now. It works great. Chicken wings come out great, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.

The recipe book included has many interesting recipes. We're going to try prosciutto wrapped asparagus next. And we just got some shrimp to try out.

The Breville I posted above got great reviews on everything except air frying. Tom's Hardware rated the Cosori as a top rating for air fryers.
Breville is indeed good. I've purchased this one recently and I'm happy. Coffee tastes good and I make it fast with no effort

Welcome to the board, d_harp.

The Cosori has been working great. I especially like the cookbook it came with. Has lots of interesting recipes. And it cleams up quite easily.

The wife made potato-breaded cod in it last week (not from the recipe book). It was very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom