• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Know people by the company they keep

So, kinda like you being on the same side of most discussions involving authority figures (usually cops) as: derec, angelo, trausti.

Good advice, that.

So, kinda like you being on the same side of most discussions involving authority figures (usually cops) as: derec, angelo, trausti.

Good advice, that.

Agreeing with someone in some cases isn't the same as keeping company with them.

Blind link.

What does ir say, why are you posting it, plz. Don’t make members click away from the forum to have a discussion. Your OP should always contain enough information for the discussion to happen without clicking any links.

A glance tells me it says "Trump is a creep".
Maybe there's more, but I already know too many ways that Trump is a creep.

Blind link.

What does ir say, why are you posting it, plz. Don’t make members click away from the forum to have a discussion. Your OP should always contain enough information for the discussion to happen without clicking any links.

Blind? Given what I said it seems to me obvious it would be talking about bad company that His Flatulence keeps.

Blind link.

Blind? Given what I said it seems to me obvious it would be talking about bad company that His Flatulence keeps.

On the contrary, nothing in it suggests the subject of the sentence. It could be Joe Biden, it could be George Floyd. It could be Wile-E Coyote.
And in any case, you should post in the thread what are the kinds of company. Even if I were to divine that you are talking about the Orange Neck Vulva, I still know nothing about what company you are bringing up and hence you have not made it possible to discuss the content without leaving this site to do so.

Just sayin’.
That’s important for discussion. Don’t make people clic away to join the discussion.

On the contrary, nothing in it suggests the subject of the sentence. It could be Joe Biden, it could be George Floyd. It could be Wile-E Coyote.
And in any case, you should post in the thread what are the kinds of company. Even if I were to divine that you are talking about the Orange Neck Vulva, I still know nothing about what company you are bringing up and hence you have not made it possible to discuss the content without leaving this site to do so.

Just sayin’.
That’s important for discussion. Don’t make people clic away to join the discussion.

Oh, I see your point--but note what forum we are in. Who else would it be about??

Good advice, that.

Agreeing with someone in some cases isn't the same as keeping company with them.
It is kinda like it. Just like it is kinda like know the people by the ideas they keep.

Just sayin’.

Oh, I see your point--but note what forum we are in. Who else would it be about??

Loren, the point is, that even if I can guess that you are talking about Trump, I still have NO IDEA what "company he keeps" that is worth discussing?

What company does he keep? Why the thread? What's it about that is worth discussing? What's the discussion here? (without having to click and leave the forum)

Loren, the point is, that even if I can guess that you are talking about Trump, I still have NO IDEA what "company he keeps" that is worth discussing?

What company does he keep? Why the thread? What's it about that is worth discussing? What's the discussion here? (without having to click and leave the forum)

I would think it would be obvious that it was bad company.

Just to remind everyone, posting blind links is considered rude behavior just about everywhere.

Just to further the discussion, trump keeps company with mobsters, human traffickers and the like is what the article says

Thank you. It’s a shame Loren refused to answer the question, asked in good faith.

Anyway, yeah, Trump does keep company with those types. But we knew that, right? Is this an article about some former supporters finally realizing that? I hope they do realize it.

Your points are good but I must say that I am encouraged that Loren posted a link. He rarely does.

I really do wish he'd post an excerpt from the article linked as well and perhaps point out where he strongly agrees (or disagrees) or something that really drives home the point he wants to make. I think that sometimes some of us (me included) are very much inclined to jump to conclusions about what another poster thinks or believes without taking the time and trouble to actually read what they write. Here, we don't have enough information and so we are left to guess what Loren means. Now, many of us have been posting together or at each other for some years or even decades now so perhaps we're inclined to believe we know what each other means and cut each other breaks or refuse to cut each other a break, depending on what we think we know about each other and how we feel about that.

But sometimes we're wrong. Sometimes, I find that I agree with Derec on a point or two and with Loren a bit more often in some threads. Those are two who jump out at me as posters who I often disagree with but sometimes, I see their point.

But in this case, it would help if Loren didn't assume that we can read his mind and guess what he means based on other posts.

Back
Top Bottom