• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Krysten Sinema Leaves Democratic Party

What future career(s) might Kyrsten Sinema have?

• Total voters
Sinema Says She's 'Fairly Libertarian,' Wants to Work in Private Sector - Business Insider

She also joked about being "overqualified" for President and she said that gridlock in DC will only get worse.

Overqualified???

She recently appeared at "The All In Summit", and she said "I'm really excited about what's happening in the private sector right now. I mean, we've got industries in this country that are really pushing the edge on what's going to ensure that we're globally competitive and innovative for the future, and I'm really excited about it." Seems like she knows where her 💰 comes from. She said that that is so "regardless of what's happening in government" and that lawmakers are "not interested in solving problems, they're just interested in TikTok." "There's a real opportunity to move our country forward, despite the gridlock in government, through private industry, and that's where I want to work."

Someone asked KS why Democrats are "anti-capitalist". She responded "I don't understand because that's where the money comes from. I'm fairly libertarian, you know, just at my base. Most Arizonans are. I struggle with the idea of wanting to eliminate the private industry, because that is where the ideas come from. That's where the innovation comes from, and that's where the money comes from to fund the social programs that are important to protect the vulnerable in our country."

Right-libertarian Marxism. Instead of the working class being exploited and oppressed it's the business elite.

According to a biography of Sen. Mitt Romney, the Arizona senator once mused that she could "go on any board I want to" or "be a college president" after she leaves the Senate, arguing that she "saved the Senate" by opposing the weakening of the filibuster.

I could manage her being a conservative Democrat. What I didn't like about her was she was terribly quiet while doing so. You never knew what she was going to support. At least Manchin, you had a better idea. With Sinema, she was all style in dress, but not much leadership. If you are going to hold bills up, speak up about what you are looking for!

Manchin, Sinema pan Harris over call to scrap filibuster - 09/24/24 2:58 PM ET
Sens. Joe Manchin (I-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) sharply criticized Vice President Harris after she said on Tuesday that she wants to scrap the legislative filibuster in order to codify Roe v. Wade.
The two rotating villains of Build Back Better.
Manchin, one of the foremost backers of the 60-vote threshold, told CNN that he will not support Harris’s bid for the White House. He said it would be a massive mistake to move ahead with those plans if Democrats keep hold of the upper chamber.

“Shame on her,” Manchin, who is retiring at year’s end, told CNN. “She knows the filibuster is the Holy Grail of democracy. It’s the only thing that keeps us talking and working together. If she gets rid of that, then this would be the House on steroids.”

In a statement, the West Virginia senator, who left the Democratic Party to become an Independent in May, added that the filibuster “stabilizes our democracy, promotes bipartisan cooperation and protects our nation from partisan whiplash and dysfunction.”

“I have always said: ‘if you can’t change your mind, you can’t change anything’ and I am hopeful that the Vice President remains open to doing just that,” he said.
Kyrsten Sinema on X: "To state the supremely obvious, ..." / X
To state the supremely obvious, eliminating the filibuster to codify Roe v Wade also enables a future Congress to ban all abortion nationwide.

What an absolutely terrible, shortsighted idea.
As if the Republicans would let themselves be bound by it if it gets in their way.

I could manage her being a conservative Democrat. What I didn't like about her was she was terribly quiet while doing so. You never knew what she was going to support. At least Manchin, you had a better idea. With Sinema, she was all style in dress, but not much leadership. If you are going to hold bills up, speak up about what you are looking for!
Yes, Joe Manchin was very talkative back in 2021.

KS, however, said very little. Here also, she was the opposite of what she was like in her earlier years, before she was elected to her former House seat. She was very talkative back then, much like recent Joe Manchin.

Back
Top Bottom