• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Last man on the moon, Gene Cernan, dies.

So, if we get back to to the moon and it's a mess there we have nobody to ask "What the hell man?"
Wait, Harrison Schmitt is still alive. In fact most of moon men are alive.

Last edited:
The Kerbals will rejoice! The moon is made of cheese and there's nobody left to refute that!

Of the twelve men who have walked on the moon, now only six remain alive.

How is that confusing?
How is it confusing? Well, let me bring you into my world. First, you'll need a drink and feel susceptible to deflection. Next, turn your attention to Barbo's last words on post three above, "most." Seems quite false (yet oh so close) given your count that 6/12 are alive. Now, deflection acceptance on your part might open you up to a little journey through strawland where I point out that 15/24 of those that flew to the moon are still alive. That's higher than 12/24 so Barbo's is correct leaving Bilby guilty of asking the wrong question, a question you nevertheless decided to answer with abundant accuracy.

The last part to explain the confusion is the blurryness. Yes, seeing double. Well, not quite double, as here's the thing, 3/24 went twice. Let me break this down. 24 went. 12 landed. 12 didn't. However, if a ticket was purchased for each person in their travels, the answer would be 27, not 24, (as three went twice), so it seems to me that if we're gonna count those that walked on the moon, we need to know if we're gonna count by ticket.

See, if every person that walked on the moon left a single set of footprints and only two people went, then there'd be three sets of footprints if one went twice. If you're gonna count the number of people that died, we wouldn't count the number by travel count--which doesn't help my case one iota. (Actually, it does, but in an unexpected way:)

None of this is to point out misunderstanding, as the confusion doesn't stem from lack of comprehension. It's a function of wild association--on my part.

On his, who knows; probably the reference "and then there was six" as it relates to a bedtime story. Roll over; roll over; something like that. Maybe something about an indian?

Cheers

Of the twelve men who have walked on the moon, now only six remain alive.

How is that confusing?

Oh, I was thinking Gene Cernan was the last of the 12, thus they were all gone.

He was the last of the 12 - his boot was the one that was on the Moon the most recently of all.

But your conclusion is unsupported, as there is no reason to assume that people will die in the same order in which they walked on the Moon...

But it's weird that they don't. The witch who put the curse on the moon was a bit strange.

Oh, I was thinking Gene Cernan was the last of the 12, thus they were all gone.

He was the last of the 12 - his boot was the one that was on the Moon the most recently of all.

But your conclusion is unsupported, as there is no reason to assume that people will die in the same order in which they walked on the Moon...

"Last" could refer to the last to set foot, or it could refer to the last survivor. I haven't kept up with what's happened to them and misinterpreted what "last" referred to.

65_years.png

Alt text: The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision.

"Last" could refer to the last to set foot, or it could refer to the last survivor. I haven't kept up with what's happened to them and misinterpreted what "last" referred to.
Will you stop trying to kill our brave astronauts!?

View attachment 9557

Alt text: The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision.

A race that chooses to retreat from space permanently is almost certainly a race that dies.

To think that there are still those who believe the whole thing is a hoax.

There's a film called "Last Man on the Moon" currently available on Netflix. It is about Gene Cernan and his last trip to the Moon, but it wasn't his first. Nor was it his first trip into space.

Apart from the insights about the man himself, the film gives you a sense of what the whole program was about. Gene's first trip on a Gemini rocket was a near disaster. He went on a very risky space walk that was almost a complete failure. Then when they got him back to Earth, the engineers and scientists poured over the data from his failed space walk and adjusted for the next one. His first trip to the Moon (Apollo 10) was a "dry run," as were all the Apollo flights leading up to the actual landing. And the Gemini missions. Even the Mercury astronauts were gathering data on just what was possible in space.

The hoaxers (to the best of my understanding) have never addressed the fact that if they're right, then the whole manned space program had to be a hoax, too. Not just Apollo 11, but 12 and 14-17 and every flight that set the stage for those guys. Which Hollywood studio faked Gemini 9a?

True. The hoaxers have all sorts of reasons for what happened during Apollo 11, but they can't explain, to my mind, Apollo 13. Why would NASA artificially create a failed scenario to cover up that it's impossible to go to the Moon? And then, having narrowly "returned" Apollo 13, why would they continue with four more missions? They could simply say, "See? It's too dangerous to go, so we're going to stop trying," and then stop running the risk of being caught in their deception.

Makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom