• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Leaks May to confront Trump

whichphilosophy

Contributor
Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
Basic Beliefs
Energy is itself a Life form
While investigation information into the Trump campaign and other details were leaked to the New York Times these created headlines. However the UK has now complained about this to the US.

It seems the US Secret Services cannot be trusted to keep confidential information per the Reuter Article below.

Hopefully the ring leaders can be rounded up and tried for breaches of security

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/may-confront-trump-manchester-attack-073425366.html

May to confront Trump on Manchester leaks as UK authorities reportedly start withholding info from US

Classified police photos from the scene of the terrorist attack in Manchester, England, leaked to The New York Times.
A UK security official says lives are being put at risk by leaks.
The Manchester police say leaks have cause "distress and upset" to families of victims.
Prime Minister Theresa May to confront President Donald Trump in person later Thursday.
British investigators halt cooperation with the US after ongoing leaks.
LONDON — Prime Minister Theresa May plans to confront President Donald Trump later Thursday after highly sensitive police photos of the ongoing investigation into the Manchester, England, terrorist attack were leaked to the US media.

Images of the remnants of the backpack used in the bomb attack, evidence of shrapnel, and a possible detonator were all published by The New York Times along with a layout of where those killed by the blast were standing.

The prime minister on Thursday said she would "make clear" to Trump at a NATO meeting later on Thursday that the leaks must stop.

"I will make clear to President Trump that intelligence which is shared between our law-enforcement agencies must remain secure," she said in a statement.

British security officials reacted with fury to the leaks, with one telling the Financial Times that lives were being put at risk. The BBC also reported on Thursday morning that the police in Manchester had stopped sharing information about the investigation with the US because of the ongoing leaks.

The Manchester police chief, Ian Hopkins, said the leaks had caused "distress and upset" to the victims of the attack and their families.

"Last night family-liaison officers shared with those families the fact that intelligence had been leaked and published in The New York Times," he said.

"It is absolutely understandable the distress and upset this has caused those families, who are already suffering as everybody can imagine."

Information leaked to The New York Times included:

Photos of the backpack used in the attack.
Details on how the bomb may have been constructed and detonated.
Police images of metal nuts and screws apparently propelled by the blast.
How the bomb was powered.
Layout of the blast area and locations of the victims and the bomber's torso.
There have been a series of other leaks from US officials to the media over recent days about the attack. As reported by Business Insider on Tuesday, the bomber's name, the body count, and the method of detonation all emerged in the US long before being publicly confirmed by the British authorities.

It is possible to propose those trying to stage the removal against Trump and doing so with impunity are also getting a bit over confident. Perhaps an investigation of money changing hands should be instigated.

It is possible to propose those trying to stage the removal against Trump and doing so with impunity are also getting a bit over confident. Perhaps an investigation of money changing hands should be instigated.
I thought your theory was that it was the media that was out to oust Trump?
I'd think that Occam's Razor would suggest that we need only observe that Trump did not fill his surroundings with trustworthy people. A whole bunch of cutthroats, anyone one of whom would throw any other one of them under a bus in the name of whatever personal agenda they have.

We don't need the investigation as much as a broom.

I'd think that Occam's Razor would suggest that we need only observe that Trump did not fill his surroundings with trustworthy people. A whole bunch of cutthroats, anyone one of whom would throw any other one of them under a bus in the name of whatever personal agenda they have.

I'd say the reason there are leaks is because people beneath Trump do not respect him or view him as a legitimate actor. It's hard to get people to be silent for you when they don't feel you'd do the same for them or are in some way deserving of such silence.

Good point.
There have been officers that I've covered for after a big mistake because I knew they would learn from the experience and we didn't actually expose the public to nuclear fallout.
And there have been officers I did NOT cover for, for much smaller mistakes, because we tried and tried to convince them that their desired course of action was untenable and they did it anyway. Then we logged it, 'At the direction of Officer Douchenozzle, performed both tasks simultaneously...'

Let's not forget, Trump is not one to be loyal to his inferiors. He'll throw them under a bus in a heartbeat, and there is no reason to be tight-lipped.

The issue I do see with these leaks is who is releasing them? Trump personally leaked critical information to the Russians... and anyone that saw the end of the meeting with Bibi.

These other leaks aren't from him, so who is being reckless, CIA or people in the Trump Admin? I was surprised that the ID was reported on while the British were arresting others, as that would spook a cell.

The issue I do see with these leaks is who is releasing them? Trump personally leaked critical information to the Russians... and anyone that saw the end of the meeting with Bibi.

These other leaks aren't from him, so who is being reckless, CIA or people in the Trump Admin? I was surprised that the ID was reported on while the British were arresting others, as that would spook a cell.
I'd guess it wasn't a coordinated leaking conspiracy.
The reporters just walk through the WH, dangling a microphone like a dog treat, and see who wants positive attention after a day spent cowering from the Donald's wrath.

"Heeeeeeeere, insider, insider, insider. Who wants to see their words in print? Who's a good staffer? Who's a good staffer? Is it you? Is it you? I bet it is..."

I'd say the reason there are leaks is because people beneath Trump do not respect him or view him as a legitimate actor. It's hard to get people to be silent for you when they don't feel you'd do the same for them or are in some way deserving of such silence.

You don't know that. However if that is their attitude they are not doing their jobs. Now the British police feel their investigation has been compromised with key details which they didn't want to release just yet for what it says are security reasons were leaked to the Washington Times, which in turn makes money from this.

So shall the same people leak Nuclear secrets to North Korea because they don't like Trump?

What is clear, is the British Police rightly say they will not share further information. There was a claim that Trump leaked information to the Russians but it is unsubstantiated. Leaks can also be unreliable incomplete information.

You don't know that.
Well, golly, I wonder if that's why they started with 'I'd say' rather than 'it's a fact that...'
However if that is their attitude they are not doing their jobs.
If you don't know who's leaking, you don't know why they're leaking, you can't say they're not doing their jobs. They may view their job as being to protect the Country, not The Donald. If they truly feel that he's a menace, they may feel they've taken an oath to reduce his menacation.
Now the British police feel their investigation has been compromised with key details which they didn't want to release just yet for what it says are security reasons were leaked to the Washington Times, which in turn makes money from this.
Yes, the Brits (and everyone else) cannot trust us while FFvC is in charge...
So shall the same people leak Nuclear secrets to North Korea because they don't like Trump?
Well, that won't be necessary. Trump'll brag nuclear secrets out as necessary.

While investigation information into the Trump campaign and other details were leaked to the New York Times these created headlines. However the UK has now complained about this to the US.

It seems the US Secret Services cannot be trusted to keep confidential information per the Reuter Article below.....
The article does not say the US Secret Service is to blame.
t is possible to propose those trying to stage the removal against Trump and doing so with impunity are also getting a bit over confident. Perhaps an investigation of money changing hands should be instigated.
Given Trump's history of blabbing anything that comes into his mind, why would anyone jump to the conclusion that these leaks are anti-Trump people?

Well, golly, I wonder if that's why they started with 'I'd say' rather than 'it's a fact that...'
However if that is their attitude they are not doing their jobs.
If you don't know who's leaking, you don't know why they're leaking, you can't say they're not doing their jobs. They may view their job as being to protect the Country, not The Donald. If they truly feel that he's a menace, they may feel they've taken an oath to reduce his menacation.
Now the British police feel their investigation has been compromised with key details which they didn't want to release just yet for what it says are security reasons were leaked to the Washington Times, which in turn makes money from this.
Yes, the Brits (and everyone else) cannot trust us while FFvC is in charge...
Well, that won't be necessary. Trump'll brag nuclear secrets out as necessary.

No matter who is in power the career civil servants as well as others are obligated to protocol on secrecy and not party politics or personal dislikes. This may well be as you seem to be indirectly implying that this is to designed to sabotage the existing government.

The British have resumed cooperation but this should be suspended a little longer while perhaps new secure channels of information are set up.

Meanwhile the incident has vindicated those who believe that those who go to Syria and Libya to fight for ISIS should be prevented from returning to the UK
and even have their passports revoked.

No matter who is in power the career civil servants as well as others are obligated to protocol on secrecy and not party politics or personal dislikes.
Protocol?
Protocol is when you explain the difference between Top Secret, Secret, Confidential, and NOFORN, or the color codes associated with each. No one's 'obligated' to protocol.

I'd say, rather, that they're subject to federal law.
But many people subject to federal law have found a justification to break it.

Pigs ass. There is a culture of leaking with or without Trump and a long history of leakers not being held to account and whistleblowers being persecuted.
Why be an apologist for US intelligence services that do as they please and get away with it?

Why not hold the person/persons accountable rather than excusing them because there is a buffoon as President.
Do people suddenly become unaccountable just because you guys elected Trump?

Pigs ass. There is a culture of leaking with or without Trump and a long history of leakers not being held to account and whistleblowers being persecuted.
Why be an apologist for US intelligence services that do as they please and get away with it?

Why not hold the person/persons accountable rather than excusing them because there is a buffoon as President.
Do people suddenly become unaccountable just because you guys elected Trump?

Other than leaking other nations' intelligence, what leaks exactly should they be held accountable for?

No matter who is in power the career civil servants as well as others are obligated to protocol on secrecy and not party politics or personal dislikes.
Protocol?
Protocol is when you explain the difference between Top Secret, Secret, Confidential, and NOFORN, or the color codes associated with each. No one's 'obligated' to protocol.

I would be surprised if government employees were not obliged to sign a confidentiality clause when being employed. There are thousands of routes an investigation can take. That doesn't mean it's constructive to leak each time each route is going to be taken.

Real whistle blowing would be for something specific which is against the nation's interest, not just leaking questions.

It seems the US Secret Services cannot be trusted to keep confidential information per the Reuter Article below..
When you say that you insult every American!

The FBI was asked to plug the leaks and didn't as it turns out
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/trump-aims-to-plug-fbi-leaks/vp-AAnjNFV

You have secret services such as the FBI and NSA. They are supposed to investigate breaches as part of their job. They are not doing this.

I didn't mention the CIA because it is doing it's job, "Kidnapping, murder, overthrowing governments and all that.

Protocol?

Coming from a 3rd generation of military family with my daughter entering Sandhurst, I'm aware of protocol.

If you are referring to 'whistle blowing' this refers to someone reporting an employer's misconduct.

Leaking questions being prepared for an investigation for selected press to issue as accusations, or confidential shared information is not whistle blowing.

Hence we have the expression that loose lips lose ships.

Back
Top Bottom