• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Let's Face It, Clinton is Going to Win

I don't think any of the main candidates seem to be talking about issues affecting the nation.

What? What rallies are _you_ watching. Clinton talks about policy All. The. Time.
How could you miss this?

More unfactual "both sides are just as bad" untruths. (more colloquially known as lies, for the record)

whichphilosophy is a US politics Poe. Can't tell if his ignorance is a put on.

Pretty much no one thought Brexit and a real chance and then it passed. Crazy shit happens all the time. While Trump's chances seem to be on the downswing, it's not over till its over.

Pretty much no one thought Brexit and a real chance and then it passed. Crazy shit happens all the time. While Trump's chances seem to be on the downswing, it's not over till its over.

True, but it's nice to see the numbers running against Trump steadily. Just a little over a week ago they were almost even.

It was getting scary. But the damage Trump has been doing to himself in the last few days is having an effect. I am hoping the Senate races shape up a little more comfortable for the US. The Democrats desperately need to retake the Senate from the Vogons.

Since I am over 65, the Great State of Texas allows me to vote early by mail. So I just mailed in m' ballot. Straight Democratic. We now have 33 days until election day. Go git 'em Hillary!

What? What rallies are _you_ watching. Clinton talks about policy All. The. Time.
How could you miss this?

More unfactual "both sides are just as bad" untruths. (more colloquially known as lies, for the record)

They're too busy attacking each other and very little about the issues. They should compete on their policies, hence play the ball.

They're too busy attacking each other and very little about the issues. They should compete on their policies, hence play the ball.

You keep repeating this like a mantra in spite of being shown that HRC does talk about policy. But she can't "compete on their policies" with an orange idiot who knows nothing and anything and refuses to stop flinging his own poo. She can only do as she is doing - talk policy on the campaign trail and on her website and in response to moderator questions at the debates.

You keep repeating this like a mantra in spite of being shown that HRC does talk about policy. But she can't "compete on their policies" with an orange idiot who knows nothing and anything and refuses to stop flinging his own poo. She can only do as she is doing - talk policy on the campaign trail and on her website and in response to moderator questions at the debates.

Yeah, it's curious why he keeps saying this even though it is demonstrably untrue. Weird, huh?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/spee...-on-a-renewed-commitment-to-national-service/
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/speeches/remarks-in-charlotte-north-carolina/
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/spee...nnials-she-will-have-their-back-as-president/
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/spee...cting-the-rights-of-people-with-disabilities/

Whichphilosophy - you can choose to be ignorant on purpose and spread lies about things you have not checked, or you can read her speeches and see that there are concrete policy plans in every single one. And a VARIETY of policy plans on many topics, not just one canned speech over and over.

Or you can continue to type something that is not true and you have been shown is not true even when you declined to make the effort to check its truth on your own. Other people even did your research for you and served it on a silver platter. What you are typing there is a lie. It is NOT TRUE that Clinton avoids policy discussion.

Next topic: Why would whichphilosophy DO something like make a claim, have it debunked and continue to make the same claim? What maladjustment does this reveal?

I'm actually not convinced that talking policy this late in the game is either useful or meaningful. That's not to say there exist zero voters who are concerned about policy, it's just that the ones who are have already read up on the policy positions and decided who they will vote for at this point. The stuff that's meaningful at this point are factual revelations, and for the voters who are swayed by it, whether one candidate or another is more appealing to have a beer with.

In fact I don't see any policy point, at least from the Clinton campaign, which hasn't already been articulated.

I'm actually not convinced that talking policy this late in the game is either useful or meaningful. That's not to say there exist zero voters who are concerned about policy, it's just that the ones who are have already read up on the policy positions and decided who they will vote for at this point. The stuff that's meaningful at this point are factual revelations, and for the voters who are swayed by it, whether one candidate or another is more appealing to have a beer with.

In fact I don't see any policy point, at least from the Clinton campaign, which hasn't already been articulated.
Clinton has to do both to win because she's appealing to both constituencies. In other words she has to show emotion and cleverness, but also be statesmanlike. Trump is after the racists and the bigots primarily, who have found their champion in Trump, which incidentally is what pisses them off most about Hillary, that she's neither.

A decent summary as any I've read of why this is not razor close...
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...on-2016-10-06?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
Everyone has an interest in pretending this election is close. The media, certainly. The candidates, obviously.

And in a divided country where even the start of a professional football game is enmeshed in controversy, it’s natural to think this election will come down to the wire.

It won’t. It hasn’t. It’s done. Hillary Clinton is going to beat Donald Trump, handily in the Electoral College, probably by a mid-single-digit percentage in the popular vote.

To defend that point, let’s look at where the race is, where the polls are, and what could plausibly be on the horizon.

A decent summary as any I've read of why this is not razor close...
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...on-2016-10-06?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
Everyone has an interest in pretending this election is close. The media, certainly. The candidates, obviously.

And in a divided country where even the start of a professional football game is enmeshed in controversy, it’s natural to think this election will come down to the wire.

It won’t. It hasn’t. It’s done. Hillary Clinton is going to beat Donald Trump, handily in the Electoral College, probably by a mid-single-digit percentage in the popular vote.

To defend that point, let’s look at where the race is, where the polls are, and what could plausibly be on the horizon.

I agree with that with a caveat - it's al over if people come out to vote. Brexit was also behind in the polls but young people didn't bother to go and vote against it and their apathy fucked over their country by having it narrowly pass. Columbia just lost a referendum to end a decades old war against FARC that the population was for, but only 37% of them turned out to cast a vote and the war's still on as a result.

Trump is close enough in enough of the swing states that turnout could make a difference. If Clinton can't get people to actually go and cast a ballot, there are scenarios where Trump could squeak through. It's probably not going to happen and Clinton is probably as much of a shoe in for the presidency as she was a year ago, but it's not a definite.

I think I'll rent a local billboard the morning after. It'll say, "TRUMP, YOU'RE FIRED!"

Last edited:
I think I'll rent a local billboard the morning after. It'll say, "TRUMP, YOU'RE FIRED!"

That's difficult if he hasn't been hired.

Well, does Obama have one of those "President for a day" things that he gives to elementary school kids who win a contest so that they can wander around the White House and sit in the big chair and order drone strikes on the teachers who give lots of homework and stuff like that?

If so, he should declare Trump the winner of that and then fire him when he shows up. And then laugh at him while the Secret Service drags him off the property.

No: The Rupugnican Party might well tell Trump that in relation to this membership in the Repugnican party. \
The American people will have a more devasting message, it seems: TRUMP, YOU'RE NOT HIRED.

Back
Top Bottom