• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Load libraries in JS without html

Kharakov

Quantum Hot Dog
Basic Beliefs
Don't step on mine.
In Visual Code. Is visual code designed to be annoying?

I just want some nice autocompletes, and to use some code checkers.

Gotta go.

Assume I've never used VSC, but can code in notepad++. I've already broke it to the point that I can't get it to pull up a firefox window to show my code.

It's easy to do in notepad++.

I suppose I'll just use visual code, and refresh the file in a browser window when I update the code. I can't get ESLint to work either.. mehh...

I'll keep messing around. As long as I can edit the code, it's good enough.

Assume I've never used VSC, but can code in notepad++. I've already broke it to the point that I can't get it to pull up a firefox window to show my code.

It's easy to do in notepad++.

There's probably an extension for that.

Personally I just Alt+Tab, Ctrl+R.

I suppose I'll just use visual code, and refresh the file in a browser window when I update the code. I can't get ESLint to work either.. mehh...

I'll keep messing around. As long as I can edit the code, it's good enough.

For ESLint integration you need the extension dbaeumer.vscode-eslint. It will use your project's local version of eslint or fallback to your global version.

In Visual Code. Is visual code designed to be annoying?

Every IDE is annoying until you get the hang of it. I use VS Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Xcode, Android Studio, and STS (Eclipse) depending on project needs. I actually like VS Code better than most, and do most of my front end JS development with it. Xcode is the worst, but if you are going to do iOS development it is a necessary evil.

I just want some nice autocompletes, and to use some code checkers.

Linters are designed to be annoying, far more than any IDE. ES Lint nags at you about everything, but it will help you adhere to best practices, for what that is worth.

Assume I've never used VSC, but can code in notepad++. I've already broke it to the point that I can't get it to pull up a firefox window to show my code. It's easy to do in notepad++.

That works, I hit f5. However, I wanted an easy way, that if I write something new, I don't have to go to the project directory to load it. I don't want to have to have some template file either (some blanket html that I load other html files in, so I can just refresh that one).

I want to bring it up from within VSC. I want to hit a hotkey and have it load the code in Firefox.

And loading it from notepad++ isn't as easy as I'd like either (because I don't know what hotkey to look for).

I can bring up a directory to load stuff, if I set current working directory, but I can't find a hotkey to load the file of the current window in firefox.

It ultimately will cost me thousands of seconds over the years.

Assume I've never used VSC, but can code in notepad++. I've already broke it to the point that I can't get it to pull up a firefox window to show my code. It's easy to do in notepad++.

That works, I hit f5. However, I wanted an easy way, that if I write something new, I don't have to go to the project directory to load it. I don't want to have to have some template file either (some blanket html that I load other html files in, so I can just refresh that one).

I want to bring it up from within VSC. I want to hit a hotkey and have it load the code in Firefox.

And loading it from notepad++ isn't as easy as I'd like either (because I don't know what hotkey to look for).

I can bring up a directory to load stuff, if I set current working directory, but I can't find a hotkey to load the file of the current window in firefox.

It ultimately will cost me thousands of seconds over the years.

If you want to load the JS in the browser so you can test it manually, you are going to need HTML documents that serve as test fixtures for your JS files.

This might help you get the Notepad++ behaviour in VSCode, or something better.

Back
Top Bottom