• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Looks like Aafia Siddiqui's brother is holding a Texas synagogue hostage

Can someone explain what the fuss is about the FBI saying it wasn't specifically anti-semitic??

You serious? You take almost any criticism of Israel's Government as anti-Semitism. That is the cause of the fuss.

I'm just relieved that no one caught up in this was harmed. It certainly must have been frightening. But it also sounds like they had the right people talking the guy down-ish.

Can someone explain what the fuss is about the FBI saying it wasn't specifically anti-semitic??

You serious? You take almost any criticism of Israel's Government as anti-Semitism. That is the cause of the fuss.

I'm just relieved that no one caught up in this was harmed. It certainly must have been frightening. But it also sounds like they had the right people talking the guy down-ish.
Yea, I'm not seeing how the FBI is anti-semetic because they didn't immediately call this an anti-Israeli terrorist attack! From what I've read, the guy was crazy and should have been hospitalized.

Btw, you all know the "faces of meth" campaign? Aafia S. would be a poster girl for "faces of Islam".
View attachment 36709
Islam. Not even once.
There was no reason to allege a relationship. But your response does confirm that bigotry or bile was the driving force.
FSM forbid that an internet infidel equate a drug with a religion! Oh, the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, the soul of soulless conditions!

Reactions: jab
Btw, you all know the "faces of meth" campaign? Aafia S. would be a poster girl for "faces of Islam".
View attachment 36709
Islam. Not even once.
There was no reason to allege a relationship. But your response does confirm that bigotry or bile was the driving force.
FSM forbid that an internet infidel equate a drug with a religion! Oh, the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, the soul of soulless conditions!
Obscuring obtuseness with sarcasm. Wow.

You've got it backwards--I'm not saying the FBI should have said it's anti-semitic, I'm asking why there's an issue about the FBI not saying that.

And note that it ended in violence.

A British national can arrive in the USA and within two week get fire arms. I would hope that would wake some people up, but I doubt it.

A British national can arrive in the USA and within two week get fire arms. I would hope that would wake some people up, but I doubt it.

A person with terrorist connections can likely get firearms most anywhere.

A British national
Only nominally. Malik Faisal Akram was a Pakistani.

can arrive in the USA
Good question! Apparently he was known to UK intelligence. So why was he not on a no-fly list?
Texas synagogue hostage-taker was known to MI5

BBC said:
But by 2021 Akram, who had a criminal record in the UK, had moved from the active list to the "former subject of interest" list and was no longer considered a threat.
Well, that was premature!
BBC said:
Two teenagers remain in custody after being arrested in England as part of the investigation into what US President Joe Biden described as "an act of terror", but their ages and genders have not been released.
His kids perhaps? He is old enough to have teenage kids.
BBC said:
Akram is thought to have arrived in the US via New York's JFK International Airport two weeks ago, according to police sources, and he is believed to have bought weapons used in the incident "on the street" after his arrival.
While he had been considered a subject of interest (SOI) in 2020 he had been downgraded by the time he travelled to the US.
He had been the subject of a four-week "short lead investigation" but nothing was found which justified putting him on a higher-priority list.
MI5 investigates around 3,000 to 4,000 active SOIs, people which it is concerned about right now.
But there are also around 40,000 "closed" SOIs - those who have been looked into previously - and the security service only investigates SOIs when it believes the individual may pose a threat.
Western intelligence really needs to be more aggressive toward the Islamist threat.
And it also shows why it was a bad idea to allow wholesale immigration of hardcore Muslims into the West.
In many cases, Islamists who were fighting against secular Arab (and other Muslim) governments because they wanted to impose a theocracy (and Sharia Law) were given asylum in the West.

and within two week get fire arms. I would hope that would wake some people up, but I doubt it.
Maybe he got the weapons from one of the Muslim organizations who are also seeking to free Aafia Siddiqui. CAIR for example.
aafiaflyer.png

FJLnxZ0XEAMiSbG.jpg

Linda "the Cockroach" Sarsour is one of the founders of the "Women's March". She was also a participant in 2020 DNC Convention. Omar Suleiman is a Muslim activists whom the Democrats invited to give the opening prayer in Congress.

You've got it backwards--I'm not saying the FBI should have said it's anti-semitic, I'm asking why there's an issue about the FBI not saying that.

The perp chose a synagogue specifically. It's not like he wanted to take a random place hostage and it just happened to be a synagogue rather than a Dunkin Donuts or something.

Also, the woman he was seeking to free, Aafia Siddiqui, is quite the antisemite herself.

'Lady Al Qaeda' cries foul: Accused terrorist Aafia Siddiqui says toss Jews from jury pool
NY Daily News said:
Jury selection in the "Lady Al Qaeda" trial got off to a bizarre start Wednesday with the accused terrorist telling jurors she was "boycotting" - and demanding Jews be excluded from the panel.
"If they have a Zionist or Israeli background...they are all mad at me," said Aafia Siddiqui, a U.S.-trained neuroscientist charged with attempted murder. "I have a feeling everyone here is them - subject to genetic testing....They should be excluded if you want to be fair," she told Manhattan Federal Judge Richard Berman.
Woman invoked by hostage taker is Brandeis graduate with history of vicious antisemitism
Forward said:
Siddiqui was one of those people. She has a long history of antisemitic statements — even though she studied for an advanced degree at a university closely tied to the Jewish community.
In 2009, while awaiting trial on charges that she tried to kill American servicemen, Siddiqui tried to fire her lawyers because of their Jewish background.
Siddiqui later demanded that jurors in her trial be DNA tested to prove they weren’t Jewish.
[...]
“Study the history of the Jews,” [Aafia Siddiqui] wrote [to president Obama]. “They have always back-stabbed everyone who has taken pity on them and made the ‘fatal’ error of giving them shelter.” She added: “It is this cruel, ungrateful back-stabbing of the Jews that has caused them to be mercilessly expelled from wherever they gain strength. This why ‘holocausts’ keep happening to them repeatedly! If they would only learn to be grateful and change their behavior!!”

Got any evidence this nut job had terrorist connections?
Huh? The demand was the release of a terrorist. How can you think they aren't connected to terrorists??
Because he is a nut job, and because no one has mentioned a terrorist connection.
Why would you think that this person necessarily had a terrorist connection that could get him weapons just because he made some sort of demand?

Good news: the hostages have been freed unharmed and the hostage taker is dead.

Bad news: even when it is a Pakistani Muslim who takes a synagogue hostage, it's somehow still the non-Muslim white men who are seen as the real problem on this forum. :rolleyesa:
There can be more than one real problem, and that's certainly the case in the USA.

View attachment 36709
Islam. Not even once.
Obscuring obtuseness with sarcasm. Wow.
Well, somewhat obtuse satire is better than a little "Wow".

The perp chose a synagogue specifically. It's not like he wanted to take a random place hostage and it just happened to be a synagogue rather than a Dunkin Donuts or something.

"Dunkin' Donuts LLC,[1] also known as Dunkin',[n 1] is an American multinational coffee and doughnut company, as well as a quick service restaurant. It was founded by William Rosenberg in Quincy, Massachusetts, in 1950."

"Rosenberg was born in Boston, Massachusetts, one of four children of Nathan Rosenberg, a grocery owner, and Phoebe Rosenberg (née Swart). Both parents were Jewish-German immigrants from Prussia."

Got any evidence this nut job had terrorist connections?
Huh? The demand was the release of a terrorist. How can you think they aren't connected to terrorists??
Because he is a nut job, and because no one has mentioned a terrorist connection.
Why would you think that this person necessarily had a terrorist connection that could get him weapons just because he made some sort of demand?
The people who take hostages to get terrorists released are almost always allied terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom