• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lord, liar or lunatic

Funny for sure but whoever wrote it really didn't research the subject matter very well. :D

• Jesus didn't say "Love thy neighbor." He said "Love your enemies."
  • Pilate didn't want to crucify Jesus according to the story. The mob wanted to and he gave in (something history indicates wouldn't have happened, by the way).
  • Very little of the New Testament consists of the sayings of Jesus. Most of it is the sayings of Paul or people pretending to be Paul.

Funny for sure but whoever wrote it really didn't research the subject matter very well. :D

• Jesus didn't say "Love thy neighbor." He said "Love your enemies."
Matthew 22:36-40

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into a philosophical argument about this. Personally I don't believe that endorsing something someone else said is the same as saying it yourself. You may feel differently and if so you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Jesus addresses His interlocutor's legalistic fixation on the definintion of 'neighbor'.
To tell Jewish people that they should love their Jewish neighbors was to state the bleeding obvious. But Jesus' audiences lived in the midst of hostile 'neighbors' and what they were being told was that "neighbor" was synonymous with "fellow human". Samaritan. Gentile. Roman.

"For God so loved the world...."

"For God so loved the world...."

If God really loved the world, why didn't he give us space ships instead of some kid? Space ships would have been a frigging awesome gift.

At least a tardis or few... Sheesh!

A TARDIS would be awesome. If I ever got a TARDIS, the first thing I'd do is go back in time to when I was a teenager and give my younger self the TARDIS so that I could have a TARDIS for my entire life.

Nah, I'd make a stop a few months ago and give myself the winning numbers for that 1.6 billion dollar lottery, then go back to when I was a teenager and rent that horny kid a high dollar hooker so he didn't have to wait until he was 40 to get his first BJ.

Nah, I'd make a stop a few months ago and give myself the winning numbers for that 1.6 billion dollar lottery, then go back to when I was a teenager and rent that horny kid a high dollar hooker so he didn't have to wait until he was 40 to get his first BJ.

$1,600,000,000.00 for a BJ? Are you in Zimbabwe, or are hookers REALLY expensive in your area?

40?!

By the time I'm 140 I fully expect to no longer be interested in BJs.

FTFY

I am pushing 50, and while I would probably baulk at paying $1.6bn for one, I would nevertheless be interested.

$1,600,000,000.00 for a BJ? Are you in Zimbabwe, or are hookers REALLY expensive in your area?

Not sure why it seemed implicit that I'd spend the entire 1.6 gigabux on the hooker. For those young whippersnappers who think 40 is so old you no longer have a sex drive, I just have one thing to say: I'm nearly 60 year old and ... what were we talking about again?

Back
Top Bottom