• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Magna Pede

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Otherwise known as Bigfoot, Magna Pede is likely a god that is revealing itself to us.

There is in fact oodles of evidence for Magna Pede, so why would there still be people who fail to believe? Magna Pede is appearing around the globe.

What is Magna Pede's purpose and message?

We already have competing denominations, Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Skunk Ape and others.

Bigfoot is very unlikely to be real - there are too many sightings, relative to the amount of physical evidence.

Consider Bigfoot. It goes by many names—over 100 by some counts. It supposedly lives on every continent except for Antarctica…in sustaining populations. It should be everywhere. The ubiquity of Bigfoot sightings smashes up against the fact that we have never found any verifiable scat, bones, hair or body. We sometimes hook giant squid—a creature we apparently see far less often than Bigfoot that occupies a much larger area—but a hunter never shoots a Sasquatch. Paradoxically, Bigfoot has been reported too many times to actually exist.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/but-not-simpler/why-bigfoot-is-unlikely-only-if-you-know-what-e2809cunlikelye2809d-means/

Eyewitness reports are so common that it's very clear that bigfoot isn't real. The number of sightings are incompatible with the tiny amount of physical evidence.

I want Bigfoot to be real. And I want to find it, shoot it, and then bring it home. I'll sell it to the highest bidder, with the requirement that it be called The Opoponax Sasquatch.

I have other fantasies too, but that seems the most relevant here.

Bibly's quote from Scientific American really does say it all. The damn thing would've been found by now.

What's funny is that Bigfoot proponents point out that there are many areas of wilderness where humans simply don't go, and where very large animals could spend a lifetime and more without ever being encountered. That is true. But the problem is that Bigfoot's all over the place. He's throwing rocks at people, he's getting filmed, having his picture taken, he's killing dogs, digging through garbage, and even kidnapping women from time to time. So if he is real, he actually isn't busying himself hiding out in remote forest areas; he's a dick who seems to be in the habit of fucking with whomever he runs across.

I want Bigfoot to be real. And I want to find it, shoot it, and then bring it home. I'll sell it to the highest bidder, with the requirement that it be called The Opoponax Sasquatch.

I have other fantasies too, but that seems the most relevant here.

Bibly's quote from Scientific American really does say it all. The damn thing would've been found by now.

What's funny is that Bigfoot proponents point out that there are many areas of wilderness where humans simply don't go, and where very large animals could spend a lifetime and more without ever being encountered. That is true. But the problem is that Bigfoot's all over the place. He's throwing rocks at people, he's getting filmed, having his picture taken, he's killing dogs, digging through garbage, and even kidnapping women from time to time. So if he is real, he actually isn't busying himself hiding out in remote forest areas; he's a dick who seems to be in the habit of fucking with whomever he runs across.

Yup, that's the problem.

You are FAR from the only person who wants to shoot one. And yet, with seven and a half billion people on the planet, nobody has ever managed to do so - despite loads of people seeing them, or their traces.

I mean, most everyone DOESN'T want to shoot a rhino (though a handful do) - but specimens of dead rhinos are fairly common, despite the rarity of the beasts. A LOT more people have reported seeing bigfoot than have reported seeing a rhino. Where are the bigfoot corpses?

But the problem is that Bigfoot's all over the place. He's throwing rocks at people, he's getting filmed, having his picture taken, he's killing dogs, digging through garbage, and even kidnapping women from time to time. So if he is real, he actually isn't busying himself hiding out in remote forest areas; he's a dick who seems to be in the habit of fucking with whomever he runs across.

There you go, Bigfoot is mysterious. And what we are witnessing is the coming of Bigfoot, the prophets, the seers, before the ultimate incontrovertible appearance of our new master of human fortunes. The doubters and scoffers will be convinced.

The proof for me is how well "Bigfoot" fits into the common lexicon. For example, "For the love of Bigfoot." "Sweet, singing Bigfoot," Jesus fucking Bigfoot! The list goes on. It's all just too planned.

A celebrated, validated, out-of-the-shadows Yeti constituency would mean money to me. (I own Mennen stock.) Still, I am troubled by the affect and the lack of proper posture in the available hazy photographs. I'm convinced they would skew Republican and heavily Trumpist. They would look good lurching behind Trump at the rallies -- no denying. I'm imagining the crowd teaching them to chant 'Lock Her Up!!' phonetically, and it coming out as a slurred 2-syllable 'Laaa-KRUPP! Laaa-KRUPP!!!'

What size foot are we talking about?

Would it be bigger than Shaquille O'Neal's?

He's a size 22.

And why would anyone want to shoot Bigfoot? I'd want to make friends with him.

Here's the Big Foot that mattered, killed at Wounded Knee, trying to save his people:

bigfoot.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Elk

/derail

What size foot are we talking about?

Would it be bigger than Shaquille O'Neal's?

He's a size 22.

And why would anyone want to shoot Bigfoot? I'd want to make friends with him.

Here's the Big Foot that mattered, killed at Wounded Knee, trying to save his people:

View attachment 18892

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Elk

/derail

What could be more meaningful, that a man, a great man of peace, dies for his people, for all people?

Where is Bigfoot buried? I wish to go there. I wish to know this godman better.

I don't know where's Big Foot is buried, but I do recall the first time I saw this photo. It is appalling and striking at once. He was so committed to saving his people that he died in the snow and wouldn't even lie all the way down. Notice his position. He was 64. One hundred and fifty-six people were slaughtered at Wounded Knee, and left in the snow for three days before being rounded up and buried. I imagine Big Foot was buried along with the dead at Wounded Knee, but I'm not sure.

I wrote a villanelle about him that was published in a good journal in the UK. I believe I posted it here in the poetry thread, but it may be in the archives.

I don't know where's Big Foot is buried, but I do recall the first time I saw this photo. It is appalling and striking at once. He was so committed to saving his people that he died in the snow and wouldn't even lie all the way down. Notice his position. He was 64. One hundred and fifty-six people were slaughtered at Wounded Knee, and left in the snow for three days before being rounded up and buried. I imagine Big Foot was buried along with the dead at Wounded Knee, but I'm not sure.

I wrote a villanelle about him that was published in a good journal in the UK. I believe I posted it here in the poetry thread, but it may be in the archives.

Thank-you. I certainly would consider it an honor to be about this man. I will have to investigate his resting place.

Reactions: WAB
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom