• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Man Sent to Prison for Rape.

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
Where is the justice?

Anthony G. Vaughn, 42, was sentenced to 110 to 140 years in prison by Judge Mark Ashford. Vaughn pleaded no contest to two counts of first-degree sexual assault, one count of attempted sexual assault and use of a knife to commit a felony.

Under state guidelines, he will be eligible to apply for parole in 54 years, which is half his minimum sentence, plus credit for time served.
Ashford said he crafted the sentence so Vaughn would never be able to menace the community with his “monstrous” acts again. The judge praised the Omaha Police Department’s diligence in not allowing the investigation into a series of rapes between 1999 and 2009 to grow cold.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/ser...cle_549102c2-0781-11e4-aeea-0017a43b2370.html

I mean, should he have been deprived of his unused student loans? This is totally a witch hunt against men. Wrongfully convicted! Feminism is to blame. [/MRA]

Maybe he could serve his sentence posthumously? So as not to be too much of an inconvenience.

Obama didn't visit the scene, outrage I tell ya' outrage

I find it very telling that there's been no discussion of whether he was falsely accused by his alledged victims, and that he was convicted on the flimsy evidence that he admited to it.

Ya, seriously? When did it become cool to throw people in jail based on the testimony of admitted rapists?

I find it very telling that there's been no discussion of whether he was falsely accused by his alledged victims, and that he was convicted on the flimsy evidence that he admited to it.

Why should we suspect false accusations in this case?

While you'll sometimes find one woman making a bunch of false accusations it's not likely you'll find a bunch of unrelated women making false accusations against the same guy.

While you'll sometimes find one woman making a bunch of false accusations it's not likely you'll find a bunch of unrelated women making false accusations against the same guy.

Rapists go free at a much higher rate than the rate at which men are falsely accused of rape, and yet we cannot have a discussion about rape without one of you rightists trying to change the discussion to a discussion about men being falsely accused of rape.

We all have our suspicions about why you conservolibertarians do this, but I'm curious as to your own explanation for this phenomenon.

Rapists go free at a much higher rate than the rate at which men are falsely accused of rape, and yet we cannot have a discussion about rape without one of you rightists trying to change the discussion to a discussion about men being falsely accused of rape.

We all have our suspicions about why you conservolibertarians do this, but I'm curious as to your own explanation for this phenomenon.

We bring up false rape allegations when the allegations look suspect or when it's a matter of rule changes that weakens the innocent until proven guilty standard.

I see no reason to think either of these are at work in this case.

(Derec is another matter. He basically always takes the man's side regardless of the evidence. Note that I have often disagreed with him.)

Dude pled guilty, he's toast. (no contest, essentially the same thing) Facts aren't in dispute here.

linked article said:
He said at first he thought the victims’ accusations were about “getting revenge after one night stands” when he didn’t return phone calls. He claimed that only after seeing the preponderance of evidence against him while sitting in jail, did he realize what he had done.

IOW, he was thinking about using the "bitch trying to withdraw consent because of next day regrets" defense but changed his mind when he realized the evidence he's a serial rapist was too great to overcome. What do you want to bet he would have tried it if the evidence linked him to just one victim?

linked article said:
He said at first he thought the victims’ accusations were about “getting revenge after one night stands” when he didn’t return phone calls. He claimed that only after seeing the preponderance of evidence against him while sitting in jail, did he realize what he had done.

IOW, he was thinking about using the "bitch trying to withdraw consent because of next day regrets" defense but changed his mind when he realized the evidence he's a serial rapist was too great to overcome. What do you want to bet he would have tried it if the evidence linked him to just one victim?
I'd say 100%.

The reason false accusations come up is that you and others always argue for an absurdly low standard of evidence, namely zero evidence other than an accusation, in addition to supporting a definition of rape in which fully consensual sex by any rational standard becomes rape if one party was intoxicated. This guarantees a significant increase in false accusations, which contrary to strawman nonsense such as this thread OP, do not require any intent to lie by the accuser.

all have our suspicions about why you conservolibertarians do this, but I'm curious as to your own explanation for this phenomenon.

It isn't conservolibertarians or conservatives who do this, but anyone with the basic decency to care about the principle of innocent until proven guilty, and anyone with the brains to know that this principle is needed because of the inherent problem with requiring the defense to prove a negative.

We all know why you toss out the phrase "conservolibertarian" in most of your many and vacuous posts, its because you never have any relevant facts or ability to form a rational argument, so you rely on the fallacy of ad hominem in which you can blindly dismiss arguments and facts by falsely claiming they are coming from the boogey man.

We all know why you toss out the phrase "conservolibertarian" in most of your many and vacuous posts, its because you never have any relevant facts or ability to form a rational argument, so you rely on the fallacy of ad hominem in which you can blindly dismiss arguments and facts by falsely claiming they are coming from the boogey man.
You mean facts like "The reason false accusations come up is that you and others always argue for an absurdly low standard of evidence, namely zero evidence other than an accusation" ?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I177aRySn1A[/YOUTUBE]

Back
Top Bottom