• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Marijuana U.S.A.!!

August 10, 2016 - "While out for dinner one evening a thief broke in my home and dragged my safe, where I stored my marijuana, out the back door. When neighbors confronted the thief, he ran, leaving the safe in the middle of my back yard.

When I came home, there were cop cars all around my home. I'd left an aluminum one-hitter in the bathroom. That led to cops' suspicions about what was in my safe. That led to a search warrant and a SWAT raid of my home. The three ounces in my safe led to a felony possession charge.

Because I was fortunate to be a white person and able to afford an attorney, I received a stay of adjudication with two years' probation. When my probation ended in 2009, I attended my first NORML Conference in Portland, Oregon. I then returned home to start Minnesota NORML in 2010. Recently, I moved to Oregon in 2015 and co-founded Portland NORML.

Now, I'm in Washington, D.C., working to take National NORML into the next era, one that includes continuing the fight for legalization in places like Minnesota and includes expanding the rights of legal cannabis consumers in places like Oregon."

We have enough legalized drugs through barmen, liquor stores...​

MJ is much less harmful, both to individuals and to society, than that legalized drug.​

......'N Ma Nature SUPPORTS THAT MESSAGE!

https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth.shtml

*​

“Marijuana continues to be an emotional and controversial issue. After four decades, efforts to discourage its use with stringent laws have still not been successful. More than 45 million Americans have tried marijuana and an estimated 11 million are regular users. Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana in private for personal use.”

MJ is much less harmful, both to individuals and to society, than that legalized drug.​

Better still would we be better off if we didn't need drugs or required minimal use of these?​

Ah, yes.....that grand "conservative"-qualifier: IF!!!!.....as if that's ever made a difference.

It's time you "conservatives" get USED to the idea (no matter what your favorite clerics have "sold" you, regarding Eternal Life) wanking.gif.....

Everything's TEMPORARY!!!!

Better still would we be better off if we didn't need drugs or required minimal use of these?

I wouldn't say I need them, but what's wrong with me enjoying them as long as I am not hurting anyone?​

.....aka.....Pursuit Of Happiness

(....and, not being all-that-concerned with What The Neighbors Might Say.)

panic.jpg

Better still would we be better off if we didn't need drugs or required minimal use of these?

I wouldn't say I need them, but what's wrong with me enjoying them as long as I am not hurting anyone?
This is really a personal choice, not about any restrictions.

This of course should be done with caution. It seems that it's not safe to drive if having taken Marijuana, and other drugs (but I don't know what dosage)

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

Better still would we be better off if we didn't need drugs or required minimal use of these?​

Ah, yes.....that grand "conservative"-qualifier: IF!!!!.....as if that's ever made a difference.

It's time you "conservatives" get USED to the idea (no matter what your favorite clerics have "sold" you, regarding Eternal Life) View attachment 7785.....

Everything's TEMPORARY!!!!

This is an individual choice. Legislation can ban something doesn't necessarily make it unpopular. Everything around us and our lives are merely appearing transforming and extinguishing with time.

I wouldn't say I need them, but what's wrong with me enjoying them as long as I am not hurting anyone?

This is about a personal choice few are able to make because of restrictions.

This of course should be done with caution. It seems that it's not safe to drive if having taken Marijuana, and other drugs (but I don't know what dosage)

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

Which is exactly why I said "as long as I am not hurting anyone". Driving while intoxicated is likely to hurt someone. That is why we let people drink alcohol, but we don't let them drive while impaired by drinking alcohol. There is no reason we can't do the same thing for MJ.

"Drivers under the influence of marijuana retain insight in their performance and will compensate where they can, for example, by slowing down or increasing effort. As a consequence, THC's adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small."

"Drivers under the influence of marijuana retain insight in their performance and will compensate where they can, for example, by slowing down or increasing effort. As a consequence, THC's adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small."
DOT-HS-808-078

Small is enough said the Chorus girl to the Bishop.

August 15, 2016 - "Ohios medical cannabis industry could eventually generate between $200 million and $400 million in annual retail sales via dispensaries once the market matures, according to preliminary estimates by Marijuana Business Daily.

That would translate into as much as $23 million in taxes for Ohio if state sales taxes of 5.75% are applied.

“Many rules and regulations that will ultimately affect the business landscape and size of the market are still being hammered out, as is the exact tax structure,” said Chris Walsh, editorial director of Marijuana Business Daily.

“But from what we can tell now, this will be one of the larger medical cannabis markets in the country, and particularly in the eastern half of the country. It also has the potential to give Ohio’s tax coffers a sizable boost, which will benefit communities across the state.”

Ohio hasn’t revealed how many business licenses it will award – the total will be based on the state’s population and the number of patients that sign up for the program. So it’s difficult to determine exactly how many business opportunities there will be, but there could be hundreds of licenses awarded."

a1015fc1ca0a85a9d8e38c294697dbf9.jpg

I'd add here that statistics and studies have continued to show that being high generally only impairs driving while also drunk.

It has been shown that many drivers with marijuana in their systems have been involved in accidents, however these situations all generally share a common thread in that the drivers were also drunk on alcohol or using other substances.

Further, a new study confirms the implications of these statistics in showing that THC does NOT impair driving: http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/pdf/812117-Drug_and_Alcohol_Crash_Risk.pdf

I've always been disappointed with the narrative that legal marijuana will lead to more accidents, that we need some kind of highway breathalyzer for THC or any other such nonsense before legalization becomes acceptable, and now the governmenthas admitted as much.

We need to stop looking at marijuana and other drugs through the lens with which we perceive alcohol and tobacco.

I'd add here that statistics and studies have continued to show that being high generally only impairs driving while also drunk.

It has been shown that many drivers with marijuana in their systems have been involved in accidents, however these situations all generally share a common thread in that the drivers were also drunk on alcohol or using other substances.

Further, a new study confirms the implications of these statistics in showing that THC does NOT impair driving: http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/pdf/812117-Drug_and_Alcohol_Crash_Risk.pdf

I've always been disappointed with the narrative that legal marijuana will lead to more accidents, that we need some kind of highway breathalyzer for THC or any other such nonsense before legalization becomes acceptable, and now the governmenthas admitted as much.

We need to stop looking at marijuana and other drugs through the lens with which we perceive alcohol and tobacco.

Erowid isn't exactly an unbiased source. It is run by drug users for the benefit of drug users, and there is a pretty significant echo chamber which tends to downplay dangers of drugs; those who post the information are users with a vested interest in validating their use.

What makes the study I posted interesting is that it was posted by a government agency with a vested interest in perpetuating the government line on marijuana re: dangers but could not do that. It's like a GOP probe on the Hildabeast that exonerates her.

Back
Top Bottom