• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Maximizing Profit

TV and credit cards

Contributor
But all the metal bit on vehicles are much better protected these days. Better for some manufacturers than others. This is where some manufacturers will save money. If you've ever wondered how company X can sell a comparable vehicle so much cheaper than company Y, this is one of the reasons why.

And here's another:
State Farm and Progressive refusing to insure Hyundai (Kia).
Steal a Hyundai (Kia) with a USB cable.
Hyundai is the parent company.

How long has it been since vehicle ignition keys have had transponders in them? My '05 Toyota has one. My '98 BMW had one too. But not Hyundai.
Cities might sue for the expense this is causing to their police force. In Columbus, Ohio, 38% of all vehicles stolen are Hyundais or Kias.

But all the metal bit on vehicles are much better protected these days. Better for some manufacturers than others. This is where some manufacturers will save money. If you've ever wondered how company X can sell a comparable vehicle so much cheaper than company Y, this is one of the reasons why.

And here's another:
State Farm and Progressive refusing to insure Hyundai (Kia).
Steal a Hyundai (Kia) with a USB cable.
Hyundai is the parent company.

How long has it been since vehicle ignition keys have had transponders in them? My '05 Toyota has one. My '98 BMW had one too. But not Hyundai.
Cities might sue for the expense this is causing to their police force. In Columbus, Ohio, 38% of all vehicles stolen are Hyundais or Kias.
In Australia it's unlawful to sell a new car without such a key transponder, and has been since 2001. All Hyundais and Kias here therefore have these fitted as standard, so it's not like the company has any technical constraint preventing them from doing it for their US models.

Back
Top Bottom