• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Meanwhile, Down in Mississippi ...

Dumb move. Those Mississippi democrats should have just stayed out the GOP's way while it was destroying itself.

By helping Cochran they probably also helped the Republicans keep this seat.

Those Mississippi Democrats understand that it's impossible to get a Democrat elected in their district so, being largely black, they vote for the least objectionable Republican knowing that racism is a fairly large component of the Tea Party and their constituents. They're not stupid.

Dumb move. Those Mississippi democrats should have just stayed out the GOP's way while it was destroying itself.

By helping Cochran they probably also helped the Republicans keep this seat.

Those Mississippi Democrats understand that it's impossible to get a Democrat elected in their district so, being largely black, they vote for the least objectionable Republican knowing that racism is a fairly large component of the Tea Party and their constituents. They're not stupid.

This is a state wide election, so district demographics aren't a factor. I think the black voters who showed up on election day saw their vote as more of a prank than anything else.

If there were to be a serious Democratic challenge for Cochran's seat, letting him lose in the primary would have been a better tactic.

Show me any living person who was legally held as a slave in this country, and I'll gladly agree that said person deserves reparations.

Why restrict it to legally?

I'd be happy with stripping any slaver of all their assets and giving them to their slaves. (I'm thinking of sex slavery.)

Show me any living person who was legally held as a slave in this country, and I'll gladly agree that said person deserves reparations.

I'd be happy with stripping any slaver of all their assets and giving them to their slaves. (I'm thinking of sex slavery.)

Agreed. We have a problem with it in this country.

Those arguing for reparations aren't arguing on behalf of that particular example.

Those arguing for reparations aren't arguing on behalf of that particular example.

I know. I'm just saying who should actually pay reparations.

Back
Top Bottom