• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Metaphysical programming

DracoAstreus

Basic Beliefs
Pagan
Hello, all. My name is Draco and I'm currently researching the internet for references to metaphysical uses of computer programming as may have occurred in the modern world. Things such as "ensouled" computers/AI, programming used to (non-mundanely) influence the non-digital world (aka magic), progamming carried out with esoteric goals, etc.

Any help/suggestions-for-search is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, all. My name is Draco and I'm currently researching the internet for references to metaphysical uses of computer programming as may have occurred in the modern world. Things such as "ensouled" computers/AI, programming used to (non-mundanely) influence the non-digital world (aka magic), progamming carried out with esoteric goals, etc.

The non-digital world would not seem to correctly also be known as magic, so you might want to rephrase your statement.

Whatever metaphysical divining rod you're using has led you to the right place. The members of this forum have a deep respect for and understanding of various esoteric branches of metaphysical knowledge.

Metaphysical programming! What a great title!

But a tad misleading. Well, you're probably very young and mostly illiterate so you're forgiven. But look again at this notion of the metaphysical. Really nothing to do with magic.

What you are interested in must be how people try to make computers do things they're not supposed to be capable of.

Well, what comes first to mind is A.I. when it claims to make computers do the same kind of thing as what a human mind does.

From there it's just a matter of imagination as this artificial mind could engage in all the activities that human beings engage in including magic and predicting the end of the world.

Other than that I don't know. In fact I have to admit this idea of doing magic with a computer is completely new to me. Except for A.I. people when they talk about consciousness.
EB

Back
Top Bottom